Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-U.S. materials found at mosques

DC09

Anti-Jewish and anti-American propaganda published by the Saudi Arabian government has been on display at U.S. mosques, according to an American human rights group.

The publications — including some found in the largest mosque in the Dallas area — urge Muslims to hate Christians and Jews and to refuse service in “infidel” armies.

The preachings are in keeping with tenets of Wahhabi theology, the brand of Islam that prevails in Saudi Arabia.

A spokesman in the Saudi Embassy in Washington, Nail Al-Jubeir, said some of the materials cited may be obsolete and may not have been sent to America by the Saudi government. But he said the Saudis are investigating the claims made last week in a report by the Washington-based Freedom House.

Imam Yusuf Kavakci of the Dallas Central Mosque in Richardson acknowledged that Wahhabi materials have been brought into his mosque — among scores of publications on display there — but he said he rejects the Wahhabi teachings.

Harsh Words

The Freedom House report on Saudi writings quotes from 57 publications collected from 15 mosques. Statements from the publications include:

“[T]he cursing of the Christians is permissible, same as the cursing of the Jews.”

— Islamic Research Magazine, 1999, found in the Islamic Society of Greater Houston North Zone

“Zionism ... is the worst racism in history because of its violence, atrocities, selfishness and arrogance.”

— Writings at the Dawn of the Fifteenth Century, no publication date, found in the Dar al Hijra Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va.

“To be dissociated from the infidels is to hate them for their religion, to leave them, never to rely on them for support, not to admire them, to be on one’s guard against them, never to imitate them and always to oppose them in every way according to Islamic law.”

— Loyalty and Dissociation in Islam, no publication date, found in the Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

“It is forbidden for a Muslim to be first in greeting an unbeliever, even if he has a prestigious position.”

— Religious Edicts for the Immigrant Muslim, no publication date, found in the Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

“If a person said: I believe in Allah alone and confirm the truth of everything from Muhammed, except in his forbidding fornication, he becomes a disbeliever. For that, it would be lawful for Muslims to spill his blood and to take his money.”

— Reality of Monotheism and Polytheism, 2002, collected from Al-Farouq Masjid, Brooklyn, N.Y.

Full Article

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• zephyr

• warden

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who would have thought of that,tut tut

I can see this thread breaking records, and a few warnings from the MODS

Would you believe this material was in Mosques, devil.gif

I know that most people reading the above article recognize the difference between Islam and mundane political propaganda, but I would just like to post the following as a small clarification for those who might be a little bit confused anyway:

Any source that claims to be Islamic, other than the Quran, should be treated with utmost caution and the validity of any claims made by such sources can only, and only be verified against the Quran itself. Any claim that fails such a verification is not Islamic, even if those claims are found in Mosques and that their authors pretend that they are Islamic and that the ignorant believe them!

zephyr i agree, too many people are stupidly confusing islam with islamism, the latter being the cause of many of the problems we are seeing now.

I know that most people reading the above article recognize the difference between Islam and mundane political propaganda, but I would just like to post the following as a small clarification for those who might be a little bit confused anyway:

Any source that claims to be Islamic, other than the Quran, should be treated with utmost caution and the validity of any claims made by such sources can only, and only be verified against the Quran itself. Any claim that fails such a verification is not Islamic, even if those claims are found in Mosques and that their authors pretend that they are Islamic and that the ignorant believe them!

477876[/snapback]

As soon as people start to get caught ,they are not muslims they are not familiar with the islamic way or have nothing to do with the teachings fro the quran.

And before they get caught ...your next door neighbour

There is nothing wrong with addmiting that a few young lads end up going down the wrong path with the amount of sh-t they get pumped into theire heads

you cant keep on making excusses for them all the time,,soon you will have no excusses left and what then

i think the reason people try to differentiate between the islamists and muslims is to differentiate between the moderates and the crazy ass fundies.

477876[/snapback]

As soon as people start to get caught ,they are not muslims they are not familiar with the islamic way or have nothing to do with the teachings fro the quran.

And before they get caught ...your next door neighbour

There is nothing wrong with addmiting that a few young lads end up going down the wrong path with the amount of sh-t they get pumped into theire heads

you cant keep on making excusses for them all the time,,soon you will have no excusses left and what then

479214[/snapback]

It is exactly this kind of misunderstanding that is at the origin of many of the problems in the world today. You have totally misunderstood my point when you think that I'm making excuses for these people. I don't think it is wise to comment on the teachings of the Quran when you do not have the slightest idea about those teachings. It is not wise either to believe what criminals might claim, or judge any faith or religion based on criminal acts. You need to stop seeing Islam through a bunch of criminals eyes and resort to more appropriate sources if you're interested in knowing about Islam! Believing that it is Islam that teaches people to commit crimes is not only naive, but also very misleading! rolleyes.gif