Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

What's a random thing that scares you?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#31    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostAmy the Mighty, on 02 October 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Huntsman spiders (or any spider. I live in Australia. The spiders here bash you up and steal your purse), Mike Whitney (former Australian cricketer. I think it's his hair.), Anthony Kiedis from the Chilli Peppers. (Something about his face terrifies me. If I was ever repressing some brutal and abusive memory from my childhood, I imagine that the villain would have his face.)

I work with crazy people, and violent people, and people "in crisis," and I'm not allowed to sedate them. I don't normally get scared of them. I've been assaulted so many times I've lost count, but I find most people, even unpredictable, violent, psychiatric people, are generally decent if you're patient and you have a sense of humour.

ugh - I hate spiders too. Living things should not be that creepy.

#32    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

New car Mantis?

I hope its worth ditching the Plymouth for ;)

Haha, no way, a Superbird is really hard to beat!  This is just a pic of what my Storm looks like.  I'm on the look out for a Javelin or AMX so that will be my next picture.

#33    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Bats that fly overhead always pissin me off they fly so close to my head really fast i'm surprised they don't crash into my forehead always freakin me out gettin my heart racing out of the blue. :no:

I am an Emin of truth!

#34    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have a bad case of arachnipohbia and entomophobia. Basically, I'm scared of spiders and insects.

Also, I admit I'm a bit frightened about death. The thought of just not existing is hard to understand and frightening.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#35    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 01 October 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

Well there exists extremism, sometimes even in the form of fascism, on the far end of either wing, both are as bad as the other at the end of the day.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#36    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

The dark, vampires (even though I know they are not real) I still tuck the covers around my neck at night, I've done it since I was a child.  Out living my savings and very small children that just stare at you and don't say anything...

What could possibly go wrong?

#37    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,471 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Meeting one of those possessed children who speak in a Devil voice would freak me right out.  I know it's only Hollywood, but still.... it gives me the heeby-jeebies.

#38    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostEldorado, on 04 October 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Meeting one of those possessed children who speak in a Devil voice would freak me right out.  I know it's only Hollywood, but still.... it gives me the heeby-jeebies.

I'm a (old, pre-rehab) Stephen King fan and taught my 3 year old granddaughter how to say "I played with mommy, now I want to play with youuuuu"  Cute and creepy all at once.

What could possibly go wrong?

#39    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

When I get an itch deep in my ear canal. Normally I'm not alarmist or panic-prone, but when that happens, my mind immediately starts questioning what has burrowed into my ear.

#40    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Of course creepy crawlies get me. But what really scares me is that Almost 50 percent of the US believe in Creationism and that a great number of people believe that vaccinations do more harm that good. Thats what really scares me

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#41    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 28 September 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Worms..... i was forced to eat them as a child.. and had them shoved down my shirt and pants... don't you just love brothers (4 of them). Not to mention the smell that overtakes airlocks after it storms when worms die and rot in their glass coffins... phew!!!
Shame, that is terrible.  You would probably freak out if you hear that I have about 100 silkworms at home!  I Had more, but gave some away.  I love them and normally keep 10 or so, so that I will have many again next year!

:tsu:

#42    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Open waters scare me.  Seen that movie?
Imagine yourself drifting in the middle of the ocean.  All you see is water and the terrible fear that there are thousands of "creatures" below you, which you cannot see.  And then you feel something against your leg and another bump....You cannot get away, there is nowhere to go and to make things worse it's getting dark...and another bump... My throat is closing up, just thinking about this!

:tsu:

#43    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Highly,HIGHLY astraphobic.(fear of lightning and thunder).Don't know why.Been scared of lightning and thunder my whole life.I have panic attacks because of it.Seen doctors,talked with counselors,you name it.Nothing helps.I've studied it my whole life and still don't know what causes my fear.Not much scared of anything else.

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#44    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 01 October 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

Yeah, we left wingers are scared of you, too. Especially of you.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#45    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Dolls that look lifelike. As a kid I never wanted lifelike dolls...I was afraid they'd come to life after my parents put me to bed. Actually, lifelike dolls still give me the creeps.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users