Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recurring dream of being late with my Thesis

Rolci

I've had this same dream (with slight variations) so many times now, it keeps occurring over and over, I just have to put it out there.

The core concept is quite simple, it's as the title indicates. I will find myself in my past, back in college, often wandering the corridors of the building, which are pretty much empty as they would be during summer, except it must be spring because I realize how damn close the deadline for finishing my dissertation is, and I know it's nowhere near being finished. In some dreams I haven't even started yet, in last night's dream I had 50 pages and needed 10 more. Usually the deadline is 1-2 week's time, and I have this feeling that I'm incapable of finishing it, sometimes because I haven't started and have only a week left, other times because I have so much more on my hands: exams, online forums, books to read, etc. (stuff that distracts me from what truly matters in life). Sometimes I make a determination, other times I start picturing myself doing it in the summer just to get my diploma with a year's delay, or just asking my mentor what happens if I don't finish on time, is there an extension possible, etc. In today's dream I also had 2 once-classmates waiting ready for their exams, but the teacher wasn't there, and they called her and she was home, not realizing she had exams to conduct. Not sure what that means for me.

As for the main line of these dreams, my personal interpretation is to do with my belief that there is a "harvest" approaching as described in the Ra Material on the L/LResearch website. (Other sources would call it an ascension process.) And the dream is telling me that I don't have long and I'm not trying as hard as I potentially could and may have to repeat 3rd Density cycle on another planet. Might sound crazy to some, but I think it's natural to interpret a dream based on your own personal belief system, but I'm open to suggestions. I don't normally have recurring dreams, but this one comes rather frequently, I'm surprised it hasn't become a lucid dreaming trigger.

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 1

Dreams are often created by your mind about your mind.

It is natural to think that it may apply to something outside, such as to do with your life, because the symbols are ones you can relate to by experience.

What the dream makes you feel is one key to its meaning, and not necessarily the story or illustrations of the dream.

The feeling in your dreams seems to be exasperation, urgency and perhaps disappointment. It may not be that bad, maybe just the feeling of being late for something.

The dream is telling you about the way you think towards yourself and perhaps treat yourself in real life, you are the one making the deadline for some kind of achievement about yourself. It could mean that you don't really accept yourself on some level, and are demanding an achievement before you decide that you can feel totally satisfied.

Well, I'm not going to interpret, or even out up my usual disclaimer that says I am not going to interpret.

One of the best-known common dreams (and it has been estimated that a very high percentage of people who have ever gone to school have this dream at least once) is the "unprepared for the test" dream. The plot is simplicity itslef - the dreamer shows up for a class, realizes there is a test that day, and knows that he or she is completely unprepared to take the test.

Yours, then, is a nice variation on that theme. That it recurs is a nice touch, too. Well dreamt is all that I will say.

• Like 1