Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women In Professional Sports

No Censorship

This thread likely belongs in this board because it deals with change over time. Will women ever be able to compete against men in professional sports in which size and strength are requirements? A woman will try out as a kicker on one of the pro football teams. I'm referring to more physical positions, though (linebacker, quarterback). At least one woman played pro hockey, but she wasn't at the same competitive level as the men were. There are and were great drivers and jockeys of both genders, but those sports are nothing like boxing and wrestling. Will there ever come a time when women can compete against men in sports like rugby? Will the best female athletes ever match the best male athletes in those kinds of sports, or will they ever be able to realistically compete against them?

It's true that present female athletes break past male athletes' records in some events at the Olympian level, and it's not just relegated to swimming. Track and field events are susceptible too. It's doubtful that women can compete against men in sports like mixed martial arts, though (even Rousy). Will this always be the case?

This thread likely belongs in this board because it deals with change over time. Will women ever be able to compete against men in professional sports in which size and strength are requirements? A woman will try out as a kicker on one of the pro football teams. I'm referring to more physical positions, though (linebacker, quarterback). At least one woman played pro hockey, but she wasn't at the same competitive level as the men were. There are and were great drivers and jockeys of both genders, but those sports are nothing like boxing and wrestling. Will there ever come a time when women can compete against men in sports like rugby? Will the best female athletes ever match the best male athletes in those kinds of sports, or will they ever be able to realistically compete against them?

It's true that present female athletes break past male athletes' records in some events at the Olympian level, and it's not just relegated to swimming. Track and field events are susceptible too. It's doubtful that women can compete against men in sports like mixed martial arts, though (even Rousy). Will this always be the case?

At somepoint in time someone is going to try and push this.Though most male athletes even just at journeyman lvl will refuse to fight a female in combat sports.Rhonda Rousey is an exceptional athlete,has beat several men in judo but full on mma or boxing she would be at a extreme disadvantage.I have trained female fighters the differences are to extreme.I believe women should be able to fight each other in combat sports but never mix and match or you will have either a staged fight or a massacre.

• Like 1

At somepoint in time someone is going to try and push this.Though most male athletes even just at journeyman lvl will refuse to fight a female in combat sports.Rhonda Rousey is an exceptional athlete,has beat several men in judo but full on mma or boxing she would be at a extreme disadvantage.I have trained female fighters the differences are to extreme.I believe women should be able to fight each other in combat sports but never mix and match or you will have either a staged fight or a massacre.

Rhonda Rousey is like Laila Ali. They're the best at what they do, but they couldn't compete against mediocre male fighters. Do you recall that lame professional boxing match between a larger woman and a smaller man? It proves your point. Boys and girls can compete against each other until a certain age. It becomes impossible after that. I refer to the higher levels of sports where size, strength, speed, etc. play roles in an athlete's success. I don't see a time when the best women can fairly compete with the best men.

On the other hand, I often thought that girls and women were stronger than they and some males thought. Like you, I trained women. Some of them were much stronger than they thought they were while others were much weaker than they thought they were. Like men, it all depended on genetic potential.

• Like 1

Rhonda Rousey is like Laila Ali. They're the best at what they do, but they couldn't compete against mediocre male fighters. Do you recall that lame professional boxing match between a larger woman and a smaller man? It proves your point. Boys and girls can compete against each other until a certain age. It becomes impossible after that. I refer to the higher levels of sports where size, strength, speed, etc. play roles in an athlete's success. I don't see a time when the best women can fairly compete with the best men.

On the other hand, I often thought that girls and women were stronger than they and some males thought. Like you, I trained women. Some of them were much stronger than they thought they were while others were much weaker than they thought they were. Like men, it all depended on genetic potential.

Exactly!As males our bodies are can sustain more punishment.Because of testosterone our bones are harder,muscles stronger,even our skin is thicker.Yes some top level female fighters could kick the crap out of your average guy walking down the street,but against a guy in decent shape and just basic knowledge of fighting could end a fight against them very quickly.I do not ever see the day coming when a female can block or run through a 6'5 260 linebacker who runs a quick 40.No offense to any females who read this,i know some can be quite badass haha but their is a reason no man should ever hit a woman in a sporting event or not.

• Like 2

Exactly!As males our bodies are can sustain more punishment.Because of testosterone our bones are harder,muscles stronger,even our skin is thicker.Yes some top level female fighters could kick the crap out of your average guy walking down the street,but against a guy in decent shape and just basic knowledge of fighting could end a fight against them very quickly.I do not ever see the day coming when a female can block or run through a 6'5 260 linebacker who runs a quick 40.No offense to any females who read this,i know some can be quite badass haha but their is a reason no man should ever hit a woman in a sporting event or not.

Some women are anomalies. They're bigger and stronger than most men. They would have no chance if they had to fight their male counterparts, though. Things change after boys enter their early teens. Laila Ali and Rhonda Rousey might be able to beat up Chuck Norris if they all become thirteen-year-olds. Not so much if they're all thirty-year-olds. Males should be grateful for testosterone! We might be stuck in "seventh grade" without it.

• Like 1

Some women are anomalies. They're bigger and stronger than most men. They would have no chance if they had to fight their male counterparts, though. Things change after boys enter their early teens. Laila Ali and Rhonda Rousey might be able to beat up Chuck Norris if they all become thirteen-year-olds. Not so much if they're all thirty-year-olds. Males should be grateful for testosterone! We might be stuck in "seventh grade" without it.

Very true but mix a bit of alcohol in with it and we become stuck in "seventh grade" with it hahaha

• Like 1

Very true but mix a bit of alcohol in with it and we become stuck in "seventh grade" with it hahaha

I referred to size and strength. However, you were right too. You might have been too generous. That was one reason that I stopped drinking.

• Like 1

I referred to size and strength. However, you were right too. You might have been too generous. That was one reason that I stopped drinking.

That is why i pushed myself when i was younger to find my limit.Becoming a loud mouth jackass,throwing your friends around and breaking **** at parties only attracts a certain kind of woman.The wrong kind lmao :lol:

know some can be quite badass haha but their is a reason no man should ever hit a woman in a sporting event or not.

Unless the man is defending himself, of course.

If some mad woman starts trying to attack me with a cricket bat I'd punch her lights out.

And what if the woman is bigger and stronger than the man?

Unless the man is defending himself, of course.

If some mad woman starts trying to attack me with a cricket bat I'd punch her lights out.

And what if the woman is bigger and stronger than the man?

Well their are certain exceptions to the rule if being attacked with something,if she is bigger and stronger i suggest he get his ass to the gym and take some kind of self defense class lmao.Damnit man i read this and started laughing so hard almost spit coffee all over my computer :lol:

That is why i pushed myself when i was younger to find my limit.Becoming a loud mouth jackass,throwing your friends around and breaking **** at parties only attracts a certain kind of woman.The wrong kind lmao :lol:

You might have mentioned one of them. I was a happy and nice drunk. I was sad when I was sober. I never was mean in any state.

Did you fight in the past? It sounded like you were involved in the martial arts. My two cousins fought in competitions and exhibitions here and there. I just boxed for the sport of it, and I took karate.

I think in certain sports where it's mostly skill then women should be able to compete against men. But it's just science that men are stronger and quicker than women, we are built completely different.

I lift weights and can build strength and some muscle, but without drugs (and some women do have an actual hormonal imbalance but generally speaking) I could not get anywhere near the level of muscle as a man could.

I think women are getting stronger and faster than ever before but as women excel and push boundaries, so do men.

Edited by Moon Gazer

I think in certain sports where it's mostly skill then women should be able to compete against men. But it's just science that men are stronger and quicker than women, we are built completely different.

I lift weights and can build strength and some muscle, but without drugs (and some women do have an actual hormonal imbalance but generally speaking) I could not get anywhere near the level of muscle as a man could.

I think women are getting stronger and faster than ever before but as women excel and push boundaries, so do men.

Agreed some sports such as tennis,baseball,and golf women should be able to compete against anyone.Sports such as football,boxing,mma,even basketball i just do not think would be a good idea at all.I have no doubt someone will try and do some of these things some day,just my opinion it will not turn out good.

You might have mentioned one of them. I was a happy and nice drunk. I was sad when I was sober. I never was mean in any state.

Did you fight in the past? It sounded like you were involved in the martial arts. My two cousins fought in competitions and exhibitions here and there. I just boxed for the sport of it, and I took karate.

Yes detective boxing and mixed martial arts.

• Like 1

That's all true. You obviously agree that women can't and won't ever match men in size and strength, although they may improve in given sports over time. I don't think that incredibly strong women always have anomalous bodies (in the health sense), though. Some healthy, normal women are incredibly strong. There's a lot of variation both between and within the two human genders. Some females have great genes for size, strength, speed, etc.. They can optimize their physical traits in natural ways. Of course, many female athletes are enhanced by artificial means in ways that they weren't in the past. You still find accounts of great female athletes and fighters from the past, though. Some of them entertained their contemporaries in strong-woman acts in traveling circuses. Some of them performed feats of strength at beaches and on stages. That's not to mention the long list of historical "Xenas", as well as female combat athletes of all kinds.

• Like 1

That's all true. You obviously agree that women can't and won't ever match men in size and strength, although they may improve in given sports over time. I don't think that incredibly strong women always have anomalous bodies (in the health sense), though. Some healthy, normal women are incredibly strong. There's a lot of variation both between and within the two human genders. Some females have great genes for size, strength, speed, etc.. They can optimize their physical traits in natural ways. Of course, many female athletes are enhanced by artificial means in ways that they weren't in the past. You still find accounts of great female athletes and fighters from the past, though. Some of them entertained their contemporaries in strong-woman acts in traveling circuses. Some of them performed feats of strength at beaches and on stages. That's not to mention the long list of historical "Xenas", as well as female combat athletes of all kinds.

I absolutely agree. Where I was referring to the hormonal inbalance I was speaking specifically of muscle, not strength. Some of the strongest women weight lifters, who can lift the heaviest weights are tiny little things, but incredibly strong. But when it comes to weight lifting and actually building new muscle (not just increasing strength) the general woman does not have the testosterone to do it in a great amount like a man (unless they are taking steriods or have a hormonal imbalance).

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree :)

• Like 2

I absolutely agree. Where I was referring to the hormonal inbalance I was speaking specifically of muscle, not strength. Some of the strongest women weight lifters, who can lift the heaviest weights are tiny little things, but incredibly strong. But when it comes to weight lifting and actually building new muscle (not just increasing strength) the general woman does not have the testosterone to do it in a great amount like a man (unless they are taking steriods or have a hormonal imbalance).

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree :)

One thing i always noticed from women in training pound for pound their leg strength is far greater than a mans.I have seen 115 pound women who leg strength can be compared to men at 170 its crazy!

• Like 1

One thing i always noticed from women in training pound for pound their leg strength is far greater than a mans.I have seen 115 pound women who leg strength can be compared to men at 170 its crazy!

It's absolutely amazing isn't it. Last night my 6yr old was seeing who was the "strongest"... me or his daddy. So he feels my biceps and says "hmmm, quite strong"....... then he feels my husbands and says "hmmmmm, squishy" hahaha! I think my husband might be starting lifting very soon lol.

• Like 1

It's absolutely amazing isn't it. Last night my 6yr old was seeing who was the "strongest"... me or his daddy. So he feels my biceps and says "hmmm, quite strong"....... then he feels my husbands and says "hmmmmm, squishy" hahaha! I think my husband might be starting lifting very soon lol.

:lol: That is funny!Just dont out leg press him in front of your son,neither one may ever get over it hahaha.

• Like 1

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree ;)

There's no doubt that the average man is more muscular. Most women won't build "man muscles" through ordinary weight training, especially if they do high repetitions with light weights. Of course, there are amazons who can reach impressive genetic potentials in a natural way. It's true that some smaller female lifters are very strong, especially for their size. The larger female lifters are much stronger, though. All larger male lifters and most smaller male lifters are stronger than the larger female lifters at the elite competitive level. Credit testosterone. Female bodybuilders, with goblin jaws, do. ;)

Edited by Detective Mystery 2013
  • Like 1