Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#76    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,043 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 29 November 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

This might have been answered already and if so  Im sorry but what is needed for DNA?, is  it just a hair, because I know you can get it from blood

DNA is in every single cell.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 29 November 2012 - 09:58 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#77    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

An interesting preliminary finding.
Looking forward to whatever more tests, including responsible independent tests of course, will find-out.

#78    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I'm more interested in how this doctor is related to Ash Ketchum than I am about how Bigfoot is related to us.

Could Bigfoot be a Pokemon? O_O

#79    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

So now that someone thinks they can answer the question, the answer is "I don't know"? Part human part something?

WOW, glad all that testing was done. The professionalism is.............. nonexistent.
Maybe they are playing at the opposite, just like the NASA Mars guys... Supposedly professional scientists are not allowed to give out the specifics of their professional papers before they are published. Who would want to buy magazines/subscriptions to stuff they could read for free on the Internet News?

When asked what they found that would "change history" on Mars, they said they could not talk about it before it was supposed to be published/released.

View Postdharma warrior, on 29 November 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

She refuses to release any data for independent verification.
She'll milk this for all the publicity she can, then we'll learn that it was just bad science, or no science at all.
I thought I read in the first paragraph that she had worked with a half dozen labs and a half dozen universities? That does not sound like refusing independent verification.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#80    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 November 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Maybe they are playing at the opposite, just like the NASA Mars guys... Supposedly professional scientists are not allowed to give out the specifics of their professional papers before they are published. Who would want to buy magazines/subscriptions to stuff they could read for free on the Internet News?

When asked what they found that would "change history" on Mars, they said they could not talk about it before it was supposed to be published/released.

I thought I read in the first paragraph that she had worked with a half dozen labs and a half dozen universities? That does not sound like refusing independent verification.

If some accredited mainstream lab or university without an agenda is a part of all this and they too conclude some "amazing" claims.  I'll gladly eat my hat, shoes, and an entire humble pie.

But before then,  I am very interested in documentation of who these corroborative  labs and universities are and complete background on the entire project.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 30 November 2012 - 01:52 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#81    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Here is some more info on this story;

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

#82    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,767 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

This right here.........

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

Is the most educational thing I have seen on UM in a long time !

Pretty cool, not sure how I have been missing that.....I all ways wondered about the name.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#83    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 30 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

If some accredited mainstream lab or university without an agenda is a part of all this and they too conclude some "amazing" claims.  I'll gladly eat my hat, shoes, and an entire humble pie.

But before then,  I am very interested in documentation of who these corroborative  labs and universities are and complete background on the entire project.
I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything gets published. If maybe 2 years goes by and still nothing, then it will seem clear that this is all bogus... Unless there are more announcements to keep everyone on their toes. But never any more information??

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#84    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostSakari, on 30 November 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

This right here.........

Is the most educational thing I have seen on UM in a long time !

Pretty cool, not sure how I have been missing that.....I all ways wondered about the name.

Ha! I'm going to have to change that in about a year. Since the fab which I work with will be going to 18 inch wafers. I'll still be checking them though.

#85    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostSocio, on 30 November 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Here is some more info on this story;

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

"Ketchum's research has yet to stand the scrutiny of independent researchers."

How did we get these present-day giants from human matings 15,000 years ago? I have no knowledge on the subject, I wish someone would explain how that would work.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#86    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,767 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 30 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

"Ketchum's research has yet to stand the scrutiny of independent researchers."

How did we get these present-day giants from human matings 15,000 years ago? I have no knowledge on the subject, I wish someone would explain how that would work.

Hey Quite......Remember my PM's and comments regarding her, and a few others......

I am waiting to say " I told you so "    :)

( to everyone I talked it over with, just being a smart ass )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#87    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

From the OP...

There were a large number of laboratories associated with this study including academic, private and government laboratories in which blind testing was utilized to avoid prejudice in testing. Great time and care was taken in the forensic laboratories to assure no contamination occurred with any of the samples utilized in this study.

Of course that is just Ketchum's quote, not a fact. But, eventually Ketchum will have to put forward the Who, What and When or else be outright labeled a Liar.

#88    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,767 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 30 November 2012 - 02:24 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#89    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

I like musing  "Never mind the DNA, what place/sense does this specific inter-species mating make in human evolutionary history?"  

--What were the size of humans 15,000 years ago?
--Who could this species we mated with potentially be?
--How long is 15,000 years in the evolutionary terms of a species?
--Why did the interbreeding stop? What stopped the socializing with humans?
--Why aren’t BF more like us? Tools, dwellings, fire, etc. BF, according to what we "know",  seems to have “lost” most of its human traits except bipedalism.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 30 November 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#90    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

--Why aren’t BF more like us? Tools, dwellings, fire, etc. BF, according to what we "know",  seems to have “lost” most of its human traits except bipedalism.

Who says they aren't?

A species that's evaded human discovery for this many centuries except in myths and legend must have super intelligence.

......or they're in league with aliens or Satan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users