Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Either way we pay

markdohle

Either way we pay

There is a price to pay for seeking the truth. It is called self knowledge, which is not always a pleasant experience. Yet necessary for humility to grow and for pretense to slowly die, for most I believe, well for me, a life long process. There is much in us that is irrational, emotional, and seeks that which is often self -destructive. It is not a matter of getting rid of this irrational and childish aspect of our inner lives, but to gain insight and compassion for inner fragmentation and suffering. Not only for ourselves but for others as well whom we meet on the way….our family members, friends and acquaintances. To reject self knowledge, is to be caught with fighting what we fail to see and embrace in ourselves, into hating and fearing others. One way or another, this struggle will be fought. One path leading to inner healing, the other to fragmented relationships and an endless cycle of going nowhere with perhaps ever increasing pain….the human journey is a difficult one, no matter the path we choose. For in fact we do choose to learn or not to learn….to blame others or to take responsibility for our lives and reactions and to slowly move ever deeper into the mystery we are called to embrace and love….as hard as that may be.

• Like 3

if life were ment to be easy... rocks would be alive .

seeking god is the one selfish nobel act .

any comment on what you have written , would be misunderstood .

the only way to win , is not play .... there fore ....

• 2 weeks later...

if life were ment to be easy... rocks would be alive .

seeking god is the one selfish nobel act .

any comment on what you have written , would be misunderstood .

the only way to win , is not play .... there fore ....

Not sure I understand, but thanks.

Peace

mark

Indeed, whether through the woes of loss or navigating up the slow progressive slope of self-discovery, there is a cost.

I always enjoy reading your words, Mark.

You have the ability to meticulously craft poems out of standard sentences.

• Like 1

Indeed, whether through the woes of loss or navigating up the slow progressive slope of self-discovery, there is a cost.

I always enjoy reading your words, Mark.

You have the ability to meticulously craft poems out of standard sentences.

Thank you my friend, very much.

peace

Mark