Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

robotic voices?

drummergirl83

HI all, I am new to the forum, but have been looking through all your stories and it intrigues me. Anyways. I am looking for an answer, or suggestion.

For the past few weeks (on and off, once a week) at around 9;50pm, it happens on random nights. I hear a very loud robotic voice I cannot for the life of me explain the sound, I have never heard it EVER. I have been living in the same place for 18yrs in May. I have two cats. This robotic voice I have heard it in my living room once, and the other times in my bedroom. My cats don't budge, look up...they just keep sleeping. This sound strikes SO much FEAR into me. I stiffen up and the shivers run right through down my spine. Please if anyone can help me to figure out this "noise" I would be so gracious and thankful!

Thank you all

ps. I had no idea where to place this, this looked like a good topic forum :)

• Like 1

Thank you sir, I am a Christian. Have dealt with various scary episodes, I wish to not dwell on them. I work in a loud environment. Metal rollers, forklifts, vans ect. My ears have a slight ring when I sit on my couch with the light on, just sitting in silence, I am aware of that. No one really believes me,maybe I shouldn't of mentioned it. I am of sound mind. I can't describe what I'm hearing because I have never heard it before. :( Thank you again for the link.

• Like 1

I think he's right w/ the auditory hallucination, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're mentally ill.

The mind is incredibly complicated, and, in your situation after working all day around loud noises, mostly industrial sounds it sounds like, the relative quiet of your home is going to shock your mind, which is used to a certain level of auditory input.

When it doesn't receive this input it may begin to create its own stimuli to respond to to fill in the silence.

Similar things can happen if you go into sensory deprivation tanks.

You should still get a check up to ensure it's not a tumor on your auditory never or anything like that.

Aside from that, I'd suggest playing some music when you're home alone or have some sound of some sort for your brain to have to focus on.

• Like 1

I have the radio playing a 24 hr news station in my room at a quiet level. i don't like complete utter silence. I will go to the doctors thank you.

• Like 1

If it is a "Voice" what does it sound like it is saying?

If it happens every night can you try to record it?

Have you bought any new digital clocks or electronics of any sort, a new baby doll or toys?

• Like 1

Could it be something in the house making noise and fooling you?

Example: When my furnace runs, i can sometimes hear music, sometimes hear voices and most of the time i hear nothing.

Just a thought.

What other electrical appliances do you have on? It sounds like one of your devices has got a cheap/badly designed transformer or electric motor (eg cheap fans will often do this). At set times in the day/night (it will vary depending on your power supplier and what's on the same line as you), they send "ripple signals" (or Audio Frequency Load Control (AFLC) down the lines to control devices. These signals are mid frequency tones that piggyback on top of the normal AC power. They are used to trigger semi-automated devices to switch on or off or adjust their settings, sort of like a remote control system. They will normally happen at a set time, and may go on for several minutes before stopping - they give a low warbling/murmuring sound, but it depends on the device...

It is not a well known phenomena - and most devices are immune - it is commonly electric fans, but could be anything with a motor or transformer in it.. Nothing to worry about.

If anyone thinks I am making this up or wants to know the science, here you go..

• Like 1

Ok, haven't heard that before.i do have a few plug ins, My TV, xbone and my router for my internet, in my livingroom. only thing that is plugged in in my room is my alarm clock that pays the news channel 24hrs a day softly,my ipad cord to my ipad and my lamp. This robotic sound/noise happens at the same time 950pm, on any random given night, I can't antipicate it. it just happens and it scares the daylights out of me. I'll take you back a few weeks. I was sitting on my couch and I could feel a presence right beside my face, lie looking over my shoulder, THEN I heard this robotic sound.

It happens at the same time or you can't anticipate it? I'm rather confused there:

This robotic sound/noise happens at the same time 950pm, on any random given night, I can't antipicate it.
  • Like 1

It seems to me that you could set an alarm for 9:48, and then try standing in different areas and waiting - that way you will be able to determine where it is coming from via the loudness, even if your ears don't give you an idea of which direction it comes from (they should, unless this is a really low bass note..).

Invite a friend/relative to help you with the process - there is no shame in trying to track down a weird noise. Also, assuming you have a laptop / pc / tablet, why not set the sound recorder going just prior, to see if you can record it.

• Like 1

Years ago I was working at a sawmill & me and another guy were alone in the office while the only other people working there were way out in the wood lot & we heard someone that sounded like he was talking through a mega phone tell us "Get back to work, this isn't summer camp" & the owner's family plot was in between my cabin & the Office, I think we got yelled at by a deceased former owner.

Edited by Dimwitted

I have the radio playing a 24 hr news station in my room at a quiet level. i don't like complete utter silence. I will go to the doctors thank you.

If you have the radio on all the time, then it is likely just a radio-based sound being perceived in an odd way. Maybe your stations do weird things at certain times, or maybe your radio is having issues. If it let out a loud bark of static, for example, the phenomenon known as pareidolia would explain why it sounds like a voice to you.

Also, welcome to UM! It's always good to see more people from BC joining the party, as there tends to be few of us from this neck of the woods.

EDIT:

Actually, considering we live pretty close to each other, what radio station are you listening to? I can tune in at the same time to see if I can hear the issue. Let's get to the bottom of this!

Edited by Podo

• 1 month later...

just a silly thought, you say your tv is always on, could it be a commercial on the tv. Just with you saying it happens about the same time.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I used to hear it also , so  I think its negative energy, you must do spiritual work , like praying more, be more positive and kind and it will disappear

On 4/4/2015 at 2:24 PM, drummergirl83 said:

Ok, haven't heard that before.i do have a few plug ins, My TV, xbone and my router for my internet, in my livingroom. only thing that is plugged in in my room is my alarm clock that pays the news channel 24hrs a day softly,my ipad cord to my ipad and my lamp. This robotic sound/noise happens at the same time 950pm, on any random given night, I can't antipicate it. it just happens and it scares the daylights out of me. I'll take you back a few weeks. I was sitting on my couch and I could feel a presence right beside my face, lie looking over my shoulder, THEN I heard this robotic sound.

That sounds like something other than electronic phenomena. I would have someone stay over for a few nights and see if they hear the same thing.

• 2 months later...
On 13.10.2016. at 3:12 PM, ANNI33ar said:

Hello, I used to hear it also , so  I think its negative energy, you must do spiritual work , like praying more, be more positive and kind and it will disappear

On 13.10.2016. at 3:12 PM, ANNI33ar said:

I had a similar experience to a degree, and it was explained quite well by my doctors. For some 3-4 months I had been hearing normal human speech with some isolated words and phrases sounding robotic (like in the early days of computerisation - very much alike computer singing in 1961 the song „Daisy Bel”). I could hear this phenomena on TV too. Some TV speakers were speaking with a robotic voice all the time, but in most cases it was only single words, or short phrases. I studied that thing thoroughly for months, and determined the patterns of that phenomenon. People tended to sound robotic when they were emotionally connected (or just excited) with the particular word, when they disliked the word for some reasons, when they were wanting something to hide, lying, feeling uncomfortable, under pressure or when they were disinterested in what they speak (especially when they read some text prepared by someone else - a common case on TV), and at last, when they had something against the subject as a whole. At first I thought they just got raucous due to some throat illness, but that could not explain why it mostly happened just in case of some single words or short phrases, not to speech in general. As the TV was concerned, in most cases there were two speakers, male and female, both with occasional robotic voices, sometimes all the time. So it all sums up to a greatly enhanced sensitivity to impulse components of the sound.

The doctors explained to me, after a thorough examination, that I had an organic dysfunction of hormone production in the brain. The condition is called something like "insufficient cell resorption of dopamine", which caused very high concentrations of dopamine in my brain. That resulted in speeding up of my brain functions, which led to much enhanced resolution of the sensory data. I just could hear tiny discontinuities in the sounding of the vocal cords of other people. This condition was cured by some injection treatment, it took just two days in the hospital, and three years since then, I still do not hear that phenomena any more.

5 minutes ago, draganmi said:

I had a similar experience to a degree, and it was explained quite well by my doctors. For some 3-4 months I had been hearing normal human speech with some isolated words and phrases sounding robotic (like in the early days of computerisation - very much alike computer singing in 1961 the song „Daisy Bel”). I could hear this phenomena on TV too. Some TV speakers were speaking with a robotic voice all the time, but in most cases it was only single words, or short phrases. I studied that thing thoroughly for months, and determined the patterns of that phenomenon. People tended to sound robotic when they were emotionally connected (or just excited) with the particular word, when they disliked the word for some reasons, when they were wanting something to hide, lying, feeling uncomfortable, under pressure or when they were disinterested in what they speak (especially when they read some text prepared by someone else - a common case on TV), and at last, when they had something against the subject as a whole. At first I thought they just got raucous due to some throat illness, but that could not explain why it mostly happened just in case of some single words or short phrases, not to speech in general. As the TV was concerned, in most cases there were two speakers, male and female, both with occasional robotic voices, sometimes all the time. So it all sums up to a greatly enhanced sensitivity to impulse components of the sound.

The doctors explained to me, after a thorough examination, that I had an organic dysfunction of hormone production in the brain. The condition is called something like "insufficient cell resorption of dopamine", which caused very high concentrations of dopamine in my brain. That resulted in speeding up of my brain functions, which led to much enhanced resolution of the sensory data. I just could hear tiny discontinuities in the sounding of the vocal cords of other people. This condition was cured by some injection treatment, it took just two days in the hospital, and three years since then, I still do not hear that phenomena any more.

Remarkable, that you seem to have struck a doctor that knew about it.

On 15.12.2016. at 11:02 AM, Habitat said:

Remarkable, that you seem to have struck a doctor that knew about it.

Well, those were only some of the symptoms of a much more complicated problem, called "hypomania", which is well known to doctors.

I must admit I sometimes regret the lost sharpness of my senses, because it gives you a deeper insight in things happening around you. For instance, it was much easier for me to see if someone was lying of dissatisfied. Also, I was able to hear what people whisper to each other's ear on quite a distance (maybe 5 meters or so). I had my hearing abilities checked, and the doctors told me I was able to hear sounds about 20dB under the normal hearing threshold. And my intonation in singing got much better. But I was afraid, and people shunned me because of my hyperactivity, it was illness in fact and it is good I got rid of it, I know.