Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did we survive the dinosaur era?

Denzanrom

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShaunZero

• TheEssenceofExcellence

• zandore

• capeo

they died out millions upon millions of years ago, we only started evolving into what we are now a few 100 thousand years ago, or do u just mean how did mammals survive and dinos die out?

if so then, Mammals back then were mostly rodent size, they use to be larger but when dinos started existing they grew smaller and smaller, then they would start living in holes, thats what pretty much saved them against extinction, plus the fact they got fur saved them from the coldness that soon followed the mass extinction

Edited by Conspiracy

:hmm:

I've been wandering that for a long time. At the same why did they die while we lived?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but we didn't exactly 'live' during the dinosaur era. We were long after...

Those tracks were such a joke. We never lived alongside dinosaurs.

Then what about the tracks they found with human and dinosaur walking practically side by side? Does that mean we survived or that some dinosaurs survived?

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/taylor-trail.htm

just a thought

:lol::lol::lol:

There I had my laugh for the day.

Sorry DD but I had to laugh.

Well, we dont exactly know everything that happened that long ago. Majority of our science is useless to determine what happened. All we know for sure is that dinosaurs are not here, and haven't been for a while.

Majority of our science is useless to determine what happened.
What makes you think this?

Well unless we had time machines, we would not now EXACTLY what happened. But, we are discovering new stuff all the time.

There is evidence that the dinosaurs took thousands of years to die off, so little rodents had very good odds of surviving.

Well unless we had time machines, we would not now EXACTLY what happened. But, we are discovering new stuff all the time.

Exactly. Wich is why I can't accept any man made theory about how the universe got here, or if it's infitnite or not. I don't believe we know, even if it seems accurate to us, that's only through our limited perception.

I think the footprints are real, they are just not dated right. Those footprints were found in limestone. The same with the so called 'pre historic hammer'. They were both found in lime stone. Well there is a village somewhere in africa or asia (sorry not sure) that they have a waterfall, that is so rich with lime, that people hang things on it, and they turn to stone withen weeks. So I think that limestone gives us a very WIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE range of dates given to these footprints.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but we didn't exactly 'live' during the dinosaur era. We were long after...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for the tracks? They have to be mis-dated or something.. :hmm:

Most paleontologists think the so called "human" tracks there are just "partial" dino tracks that look vaguely human. I think there is only like one or two that look like that compared to the hundreds of dino tracks in the area.

The fundies also say even the T-Rexes and other predators were all harmless plant eaters until Adam and Eve sinned, and then animals started eating each other. Oh, and some of these dinos also rode on Noahs Ark because they believe surviving, post flood dinos are the dragons mentioned in the Bible after Noah. There are people with doctorate degrees explaining this on Fundie creationist websites.

Edited by draconic chronicler

The fundies also say even the T-Rexes and other predators were all harmless plant eaters until Adam and Eve sinned, and then animals started eating each other.

:wacko:

I laughed so hard I could not think of any thing to say to this! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and some of these dinos also rode on Noahs Ark because they believe surviving, post flood dinos are the dragons mentioned in the Bible after Noah.
Does it behove you to show us where you get your information from?

"Dinosaurs lived in the Garden of Eden and Noah's Ark? Give me a break," said Kevin Padian, curator at the University of California Museum of Paleontology in Berkeley and president of the National Center for Science Education, a group that supports teaching evolution. "For them, 'The Flintstones' is a documentary." ......

Unearthing dinosaur bones that are millions of years old "doesn't prove evolution, but it shows the Genesis account doesn't work," said Nick Matzke, a spokesman for the National Center for Science Education. ......

There are people with doctorate degrees explaining this on Fundie creationist websites.
Not what I found DC:

Hugh Ross, an astrophysicist and founder of Reasons To Believe ministry in Pasadena, frets that "young-Earth theologians" damage the credibility of scientists who are Christian and push intellectuals away from religion.

"I'd put them in the same category as flat-Earth people and the people that think the sun goes around the Earth," he said. "They think they're defending the truth, but the young-Earth model has no scientific integrity."

Source

I provided a link for you....are you able to do the same for me?

Oh, DC is quite correct, Zandore. There are actual honest-to-goodness Doctorates out there who believe and claim that dinos rode the ark (I'm telling you, Noah could give Bob Vila a run for his money. Talk about good use of space!), that dinos used to be vegans, and that dinos and humans walked hand-in-hand. How they got their PhD's is beyond me.

I'm with DC on this one. One or two tracks out of the several dozens in the area aren't going to do it for me. I'm going to want to see something a little more substancial before I go abandoning the preponderance of evidence which suggests otherwise.

Oh, DC is quite correct, Zandore.
I found some of the same info Aquatus....I am trying to get DC to start giving links to some of his.....claims :wacko:

EDIT: It says that very thing at the link I provided for him :tu:

The theme park and science center embodies its founder's belief that God created the world in six days. The dinosaurs dined as vegetarians in the Garden of Eden until Adam and Eve sinned -- and only then did they feast on other creatures, according to the Christian-based young-Earth theory.

Almost word for word!

Edited by zandore

I found some of the same info Aquatus....I am trying to get DC to start giving links to some of his.....claims :wacko:

EDIT: It says that very thing at the link I provided for him :tu:

The theme park and science center embodies its founder's belief that God created the world in six days. The dinosaurs dined as vegetarians in the Garden of Eden until Adam and Eve sinned -- and only then did they feast on other creatures, according to the Christian-based young-Earth theory.

Almost word for word!

http://www.uwosh.edu/colleges/cols/religio...llaboration.htm

According to this, 10,000 clergy have signed this letter supporting evolution and its sole teaching in science curricula.

So maybe there's hope for education yet.

B)

Those human footprints are nothing more than partial dino footprints...