Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4861    littlemonster92

littlemonster92

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

I tried out some of these techniques last night after I found out about astral travel after suffering from sleep paralysis and browsing the forums. I became very calm and looked into the blackness behind my eyes, when I think I did feel a slight vibration but my eyes began to shake uncontrollably which felt weird and it put me off because I ended up opening my eyes :(

#4862    Pulsar_J

Pulsar_J

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostZiggy Stardust, on 26 January 2006 - 06:24 AM, said:

QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Jan 26 2006, 06:00 AM) View Post

I have a short attention span so I didn't bother to read your entire post (I will soon after I eat my cereal). But is it possible to astral project into an animal? My roommate claims that he can do this with cats. And I find this spooky.

Hey there,

I'm afraid this is impossible. Ironically, I've tried to 'get inside' my cat before. Doesn't work at all. style_emoticons/default/original.gif

You can turn yourself into animals in astral. The experts talk about doing this.

Savvy?

#4863    NoelleS

NoelleS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

OK. Well I just started trying AP. And when I did, my body got numb, my pulse was everywhere in my body and my heart was hammering. Then I felt almost weightless. But I couldn't seem to pull myself out of my body. Was I close?  And any tips on how to get closer?  Anything is appreciated :)

#4864    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,696 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostNoelleS, on 27 July 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

OK. Well I just started trying AP. And when I did, my body got numb, my pulse was everywhere in my body and my heart was hammering. Then I felt almost weightless. But I couldn't seem to pull myself out of my body. Was I close?  And any tips on how to get closer?  Anything is appreciated :)
You were close. Read over the pinned thread.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4865    NoelleS

NoelleS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 27 July 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

You were close. Read over the pinned thread.

Thanks .

#4866    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

im going to give it a try and tell u how it goes well once i have time.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#4867    SamErin

SamErin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

hey guys , i read about astral travel and was interested in it, and last night i came across this thread and i gave the technique ago (first time ever) , so about 3am in the morning i woke up And i did everything said , and i tried it , i tried focusing on being stood up across my room when i was actually in my bed. not alot happend at first but after a while , my arms felt wieghtless but apart of me was like thats just my head doing that. then my eyes sort of throbbed like twitched uncontrollably but again i thought it was just me doing that. and then i tried again and nothing happend , so i read all the way through this thread and found that other beginners on here have said about the eyes and the wieghtless feeling so im going to keep trying , is there any other advice you can give me?

#4868    Thinking Twice

Thinking Twice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• Never stop learning, cause the day you stop will be something you've never learnt.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I've read up to 16 pages, but I'm not reading all 300 pages -__-

But guys I need some help, every time I try to astral project I keep falling asleep... Even with pre sleep, I've tried the relaxation method and the 4am method. Just need some advice to keep my mind occupied without relaxing too much, and falling into sleep :(

#4869    Drperrywinkle

Drperrywinkle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

I think you have done an amazing job explaining the process of astro travel. I also wanted to address the people who may not believe in astro travel, your entitled to feel anyway you want to on the subject but there is no reason you need to leave  negative comments or belittle someone who shared a story about their travels.
Anyway, I'd like to share and ask for some feed back if anyone else has experienced the same. I seem to get sleep paralysis, at first it scared the crap out of me. I would be totally awake and alert in my mind but unable to move any part of my body. I'd tell my arm to move but it wouldn't. Then just like that my body caught up with my head and I was able to move. I thought something was wrong with me so I looked into it and realized it was normal and not to panic when it happens to just go with it. So one night I when that happened to me I calmed myself down and told myself I'm gonna astro travel to let go ....enjoy it... And after many years of doing it little by little getting better and alittle more control of it,  let me tell you ... I bolted out of my body like a speeding bullet!  This is gonna make me sound crazy but i swear to GOD ITS TRUE. My body soared straight into outer space!!  And the feeling i had while it was happening was like when i was on a roller coaster at the very top... And then when the roller coaster rushes down full speed my stomach dropped just like that!!. I felt scared and excited. I mean the laws of nature didn't apply like needing air to breath because it wasn't my physical body and then I was soaring through the sky above a beach and ocean.and when I came back i remember every second it felt like I wasn't even asleep I felt ALIVE. Does any of this make sense??? And I have never had the pleasure of a guide, but over the past 16 years, 3 times only I have seen 3 people I loved very much durning astro travel. I don't know if I went to them or they came to me all I know is they had passed away and I was aware of that when I saw them. They came to say good bye. The first time was my grand farther and I awoke crying from a dead sleep. I mean full tears streaming down my cheeks and shaking.
Ziggy I wanted to ask you if you felt or seen any of what I went through? And do you think it's possible if you have been travling since you were a child you could travel as an adult without having to go in a alsleep/dream state? Ive also never seen any bright lights or hear my name called or have a guide... That makes me jealous of those who do... In a good way. Besides those 3 times I saw I guess they would be Angels since they were passed on at that time I see nothing but the places I drift off too. And for some reason I go to places I don't know... Soaring over open fields of sun flowers God knows where...do you have any tips for me to have more control over my trips? Any advice and story's you like to share I'd love to hear about them so I know I'm not a crazy or alone. Thank you so much for allowing me to post a jr. Novel lol I promise I won't post any more really long messages.

still hard for me to this day because my first reaction is fear when I can't move  so

G

#4870    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,696 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostDrperrywinkle, on 09 August 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I think you have done an amazing job explaining the process of astro travel. I also wanted to address the people who may not believe in astro travel, your entitled to feel anyway you want to on the subject but there is no reason you need to leave  negative comments or belittle someone who shared a story about their travels.
Anyway, I'd like to share and ask for some feed back if anyone else has experienced the same. I seem to get sleep paralysis, at first it scared the crap out of me. I would be totally awake and alert in my mind but unable to move any part of my body. I'd tell my arm to move but it wouldn't. Then just like that my body caught up with my head and I was able to move. I thought something was wrong with me so I looked into it and realized it was normal and not to panic when it happens to just go with it. So one night I when that happened to me I calmed myself down and told myself I'm gonna astro travel to let go ....enjoy it... And after many years of doing it little by little getting better and alittle more control of it,  let me tell you ... I bolted out of my body like a speeding bullet!  This is gonna make me sound crazy but i swear to GOD ITS TRUE. My body soared straight into outer space!!  And the feeling i had while it was happening was like when i was on a roller coaster at the very top... And then when the roller coaster rushes down full speed my stomach dropped just like that!!. I felt scared and excited. I mean the laws of nature didn't apply like needing air to breath because it wasn't my physical body and then I was soaring through the sky above a beach and ocean.and when I came back i remember every second it felt like I wasn't even asleep I felt ALIVE. Does any of this make sense??? And I have never had the pleasure of a guide, but over the past 16 years, 3 times only I have seen 3 people I loved very much durning astro travel. I don't know if I went to them or they came to me all I know is they had passed away and I was aware of that when I saw them. They came to say good bye. The first time was my grand farther and I awoke crying from a dead sleep. I mean full tears streaming down my cheeks and shaking.
Ziggy I wanted to ask you if you felt or seen any of what I went through? And do you think it's possible if you have been travling since you were a child you could travel as an adult without having to go in a alsleep/dream state? Ive also never seen any bright lights or hear my name called or have a guide... That makes me jealous of those who do... In a good way. Besides those 3 times I saw I guess they would be Angels since they were passed on at that time I see nothing but the places I drift off too. And for some reason I go to places I don't know... Soaring over open fields of sun flowers God knows where...do you have any tips for me to have more control over my trips? Any advice and story's you like to share I'd love to hear about them so I know I'm not a crazy or alone. Thank you so much for allowing me to post a jr. Novel lol I promise I won't post any more really long messages.

still hard for me to this day because my first reaction is fear when I can't move  so

G

Read through this thread

http://www.unexplain...0

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4871    Dark Of Night

Dark Of Night

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

How do you do when you have troubles to go back to sleep? I woke up at 3 a.m, read a magazine for about 20 minutes, and then I tried to lie back, to close my eyes and to do everything that was said, but I would not even feel sleepy. And when I started to feel something, it was not vibrations, it was my right hand lifting by its own in the air (my "signal" to tell me I'm under self-hypnosis). So, how not to fall in a state of self-hypnosis? And how to feel sleepy enough when I turn off the lights? 'Cause I was wide awake last night.

It should not be to hard for me to achieve the astral travel, I used to be a natural lucid dreamer as a kid. And I've been reaching states of self-hypnosis quite easily. Maybe I astral travelled a few times when I was a kid without being aware of it. By the way, what's the difference then between a lucid dream and an astral travel? Since both happen when your body is asleep, and that you can do pretty much everything you want, from teleportation to having superpowers, whether it is a lucid dream and an astral travel.

#4872    Drperrywinkle

Drperrywinkle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

?I

#4873    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,696 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostDark Of Night, on 10 August 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

How do you do when you have troubles to go back to sleep? I woke up at 3 a.m, read a magazine for about 20 minutes, and then I tried to lie back, to close my eyes and to do everything that was said, but I would not even feel sleepy. And when I started to feel something, it was not vibrations, it was my right hand lifting by its own in the air (my "signal" to tell me I'm under self-hypnosis). So, how not to fall in a state of self-hypnosis? And how to feel sleepy enough when I turn off the lights? 'Cause I was wide awake last night.

It should not be to hard for me to achieve the astral travel, I used to be a natural lucid dreamer as a kid. And I've been reaching states of self-hypnosis quite easily. Maybe I astral travelled a few times when I was a kid without being aware of it. By the way, what's the difference then between a lucid dream and an astral travel? Since both happen when your body is asleep, and that you can do pretty much everything you want, from teleportation to having superpowers, whether it is a lucid dream and an astral travel.
Not everyone's body is asleep. Some learn to ap anytime. Not me though.

A dream will always be scenario driven and usually starts with a loss of conciousness. In ap there never is loss of conciousness, and there is no scenario. Scenarios unfold just as they do in this reality. If you just sit on your coach nothing will happen. Try doing that in a dream. With no loss of conciousness, This is why those that insist on calling it a lucid dream came up with the term WILD. Wake induced lucid dream. You are conciousnes through the entire process.

Also eegs of projectors show that the EEG pattern of ap is very different from eegs of lucid dreams both of which can be studied. Lucid dreamers can send eye signals to researchers when they are lucid.

Also dreams happen during REM sleep. This takes about 90 minitues to get into after falling asleep. Even lucid dreamers. Ap happens right as you start to slip down the latter of conciousness within minutes of reaching the right stage.

Ap is nowhere near a dream as a normal dream even a lucid one is defined. A closer scientific label would be sustained and induced lucid hypnogogia. But even this would have problems. EEGs of hypnogogia and AP at still different. It really is its own thing.

Bruce Lee-

#4874    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostDrperrywinkle, on 09 August 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

G

Also, check out Seeker79's blog.  Many amazing stories of his experiences in there.  One of the prime reason's I started looking into AP.  I stumbled across it when I first started getting interested in meditation/conciousness/etc.

#4875    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostThinking Twice, on 09 August 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I've read up to 16 pages, but I'm not reading all 300 pages -__-

But guys I need some help, every time I try to astral project I keep falling asleep... Even with pre sleep, I've tried the relaxation method and the 4am method. Just need some advice to keep my mind occupied without relaxing too much, and falling into sleep :(

Try sitting straight up, or only semi-reclined, instead of laying down.  I have the same problem.  I can fall asleep anywhere, so when I would try this, I'd do the same.

If trying by sitting straight up, make your back as vertical as possible, and find your balanced "sweet spot" so you exert very little energy keeping straight up.  Let the rest of your body: arms, legs, back muscles, everything, fall into total relaxation.

Good luck.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users