Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#361    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,405 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 08 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

I do not see that it would change drastically. Whsilt many snake oil salesmen might have managed a leg up with little challenge until recent times, repeatability is stil the most valuable commodity. Today that is policed by peer review. There is no "fine line" at all, it is more like a major dam wall. One can make claims and say what they imagine, the other has to pass a strict regime. The Homo Florensis debate is testament to this.
So all of the philosophers and pioneers of scientific study were snake oil salesmen? That's a very respectful way of looking at these people. There was no such fine distinction as "Science" and "Irrational drivel that only the gullible would possibly believe" until this artificial distinction had been made in quite recent times, particularly since this artificial barrier was set up between Science and Religion.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#362    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,013 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 08 April 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

So all of the philosophers and pioneers of scientific study were snake oil salesmen? That's a very respectful way of looking at these people. There was no such fine distinction as "Science" and "Irrational drivel that only the gullible would possibly believe" until this artificial distinction had been made in quite recent times, particularly since this artificial barrier was set up between Science and Religion.

How can they be snake oil salesmen? What were they peddling as an alternative?

How are pioneers going to know new ground until they break it? I respect these people because they were open to new evidence. They were often wrong, but strived to correct themselves. If not, we might still say lighting is thrown by Zeus. In some cases, it took some time. It was inevitable that science and religion would part ways. This is just an ongoing part of the Industrial Revolution. As we become smarter and faster, we remove redundant processes. They should be archived for antiquity, but some like to think these archaic processes are still the best way to tackle a situation. That is where anti progress comes in. Or FTB's. Same thing.
I do not know that the barrier you mention is artificial. It seems very natural to me.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#363    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostHazzard, on 04 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Can anyone honestly say he examined and eliminated all the above items before he convinced himself that some of these UFOs are Alien star ships?

Since nobody can possible examine *all* of the BS out there, that is clearly a trick questions.

However, I am surely not the only one to notice that NONE of this sort of stuff he has ever come across is in anyway convincing,

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#364    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Since nobody can possible examine *all* of the BS out there, that is clearly a trick questions.

But, we can make sure that we do our absolute best to try and eliminate the,...

Fraud, forgery, deception, misrepresentation, sophistry, and specious reasoning, illogical reasoning, self-deception, misreading, inadvertently fudged data, willful misunderstanding, ignorance, innocent mistakes, misinterpretations, equipment errors, out-of-date references, overlooked results or causes, etc.

...before we consider the extraordinary claim that some of these UFOs are alien starships.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#365    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Few things are more gratifying to the creatively competitive than hoodwinking one’s fellow humans. Coupling a desire for fame with a mischievous streak can spell great entertainment for one person, and vast cultural adaptation for the rest of us.

Whenever a hoax is proven to be a hoax, not everyone listens. Some believers remain believers for the rest of their lives, no matter how unlikely their claims. The indelible cultural watermark created by hoaxing is exemplified in the ten most famous UFO hoaxes of the last few decades.

Top 10 Most Famous UFO Hoaxes http://listverse.com...ous-ufo-hoaxes/

Edited by Hazzard, 10 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#366    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Yes Indeed ,It would be nice to read some real Drivel !

This is a Work in Progress!

#367    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 23 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

http://www.dumbassguide.info/

LOL...didn't even know such a thing existed. Makes me laugh though.

HAHAHA! Saw this on that site:

Posted Image

#368    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,108 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

So, this meaning being abducted results in big hair and spray tans?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#369    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,405 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostLilly, on 14 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

of course, he's being levitatated by means of the hair.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#370    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 14 April 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

of course, he's being levitatated by means of the hair.

Either that or it is a result of all the probing that apparently happens :tu:

#371    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 April 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Gidday Mate'

Yes I was. I was under the impression that Q was getting a hard time for speaking about Pascagoula, and I just wanted to point out that he did not even bring it up, in fact he even suggested people head over to the other thread. Nothing malicious I assure you, just that I well respect Quillius' input, and would like to stand for him having a fair go where I can.

And suffice to say, not that there was anything wrong with the question you had asked either in fact, that is indeed the very point of this thread as I understand it and it was a fair question. Sorry for any confusion. And sorry for the late reply, work has been keeping me over the top busy of late.

Cheers.
Understood

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#372    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,013 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostLilly, on 14 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Seems to be an improvement on probing anyway!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#373    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,390 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

If it sell`s in Vegas ITs good enough for me ! THe probing however Thats just wrong ! Ouch ! :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#374    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

In July 2015 the New Horizon probe will take Pictures of Pluto,... this is what I expect to see.

Posted Image

#375    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

View PostHazzard, on 21 June 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

In July 2015 the New Horizon probe will take Pictures of Pluto,... this is what I expect to see.

Posted Image

Funny, I saw the same image when I was on a visit to Europa once, only the Sun looked smaller. This must be zoomed in. Where did you get the picture anyway? I always thought I discovered the place.

Edited by Rolci, 16 April 2014 - 02:37 AM.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users