Photo

I Need To Get My Bachelor / honours degree HELP!

Posted by Beckys_Mom , 26 May 2006 · 237 views

Hey

I have been wanting to sit and study Psychology And I am so egar to get my BSc (honours degree) I want to do this ...reallly really want to do this, now that I am only working part time.....I have been wanting this for a long time but as I have always worked full time I never got around to doing it...now I can...I want to be a shrink LOL weird huh??

I have what it takes, and I am a great listener, I love to help people...its a passion of mine and I believe I can do this, now that I have the time

Here's the tricky part

I went on line to the Open University....downloaded the info I need

Got the price list and DAMN its expencive....the entire courses come to a total of 4580 (approx $9000) just to do the courses...they are done in 3 levels

Each level has a number of modules...I can chose one or two of the modules and each module costs between 295(aprox $580) - 595 (approx $900) each...and the ones priced 595 are the best ones to study!!

As I have bills to pay like my mortgage(mortgage costs 478 = approx $895) not including my rates...and the car insurance ect ect ...ect.credit card bills...cell phone cards...fuel...food...broadband ..sky tv ...my loan...garys car loan (almost paid but its still a lil left to pay on that) ..I cant afford to hand that kind of dosh over....so I looked up to see if I could get a student grant...the goverment only allows you 1100 if you are lucky WTF???

I so want to get my degree...my heart is set on it...and when Geri has her heart set on something like an exam/degree...I pass with flying colors...and get what I wanted from that exam/test

But I would like to see a much better way to get my degree and have easy payments

I tried ICS and they are just as bad...they are looking 300 (aaprox $570) a month...I cant pay that...I have bills to pay and mouths to feed...if I pay that after all my bills are paid and my food, electricty ect is paid for...I have enough to keep me going till next payday...but I drive too and I am trying to save for my holiday..so if i where to pay out 300 a month on top of what I already pay out ..I would have very little for myself!!!

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get to study and get my degree with lower payments?? I have a savings account but that money is for our holiday and Becky..so I am forbidden to touch that!!!

My mom wants me to be a lawyer...she has done for years...all becuase my teachers told her I would make a great lawyer...I have studied a bit on LAW...I like it....but even if I did deside to go for my Bachelor of Laws degree...it costs a lot more eeeepppppppppp and I am talking 2000 ($3700 odd)  more !!!...and it something I KNOW I can do too

I am sick of kitchen designs I want to do betterLOL  tongue.gif

So if anyone knows of anything...please let me know...I am pulling my hair out over here LOL  wacko.gif

SnakeProphet
May 26 2006 12:56 PM
Immigrate to germany, you can study for free here.
Work full time and go to school part time.  It's hard but that's the way I did it.

bLu3 de 3n3rgy
May 26 2006 05:25 PM
Hi there,

I am a student with the Open University doing a BSc Psychology Degree. I can't recommend the OU enough!!! It is perfect and totally geared up for people who are juggling many things in life, family, work etc. I would get in touch with them and ask about the fees. You can qualify for help if you earn under a certain amount. There is also alterntive methods available in how you pay, like interest free monthly payments.
QUOTE(Anvil @ May 26 2006, 06:25 PM)

Hi there,

I am a student with the Open University doing a BSc Psychology Degree. I can't recommend the OU enough!!! It is perfect and totally geared up for people who are juggling many things in life, family, work etc. I would get in touch with them and ask about the fees. You can qualify for help if you earn under a certain amount. There is also alterntive methods available in how you pay, like interest free monthly payments.

REALLY ohh please do, I appreciate it thumbsup.gif  pm me if you like with any info
QUOTE(coldethyl @ May 26 2006, 02:50 PM)

Work full time and go to school part time.  It's hard but that's the way I did it.

I have always been a full time worker up untill I came back off maternity leave in March this year and it pays better to go part time...when I was full time and all the late nights I was working, I didn't have the time to go to night school either, besides I am a new mother and I want to spend some time with my child original.gif

Recent Comments