Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Do You Think? Orbs? Or More

MomOf2

I have live in my home now for over a year, upon moving into my house I always felt there was more going on then I new. sad.gif Well as time goes on I know there is. It is alot to explain, but here is one of many pictures I have took in my home. Tell me what you think. w00t.gif

post-10-1093901917.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MomOf2

• AliceCoopersGirl

• MichaelS

• mr_halo

Looks like dust on the lens to me.

grin2.gif What I thought to at first, Until I took other picture in the same area and there was nothing there. Or did the dusk fall off that fast? huh.gif

Dust can be shaken off very fast, I think. And it does kind of look like dust...

Can you go back to the spot. Look at the wall very carefuly. between the first & third line from the left. Look carefully at the design of the wood panel. I see a face in that picture. I do not want to give details, till you look at the engravings of the wood.

I believe some of those orbs, are from the brad of nails, that were hammeres into the wall panel. I do believe you have captured at least 2 orb.

If you take the orb, magnify them, you will see, that some appear to have a face in it, some will look like a making of a spider web. This is the case with most orbs. It will depend on the energy of the orb, at the time the picture was snapped.

Please check to see if you have a face and any other body design, in the wood pattern.

I do understand about the dusk thing. Like I said there is a long story to this house, So before even taking picture I read up on it. And have asked one other person on the web, which lead to me to get others thoughts.

The reason for all the hall shots is due to the fact this is where everything starts, When you first enter the hall you just feel something different, once you hit the bedroom for some reason you never feel alone. But if there is someone who does know more about this, please let me know, for I have some balls of color and also some with shapes in them, one has a cross and other looks to be like a witch or something to that affect. but due to how small pictures have to be to put on here I cant get them on without all the fuzz to.

But if there is someone who is into this and know some of it, I would like to explain more of what is going on and what has gone on. and let you see more pictures of what I have.

By the way the wall is a weird design, no one board is the same anywhere. also for the nail holes they would of been coverd by the white holder. there is some towards the bottom though that wouldnt have been coverd. no nails in the wall though. I will try to add a closer picture if I can for some reason I am having trouble with them being to big.

Thanks for helping grin2.gif

Intresting, I have seen pictures of Orbs and that is what they look like. Usually you can see them. Keep taking pictures of the hall and make sure the lens is clean.

Here is a good web sit about them.

http://orbstudy.com/BIZyCart.asp?NEXTPAGE=...CLIENT=OrbStudy

Sorry but, I will be unable to take pictures for a while, Plus as many pictures as I have dunno if I have room for more. But is it true if orbs are around, your batts die faster? Or is someone pulling a chain?

Also these is the picture I was talking bout, when sized it will look like a cross in the middle, this was taking right outside my door. And yes there is a whole lot of dusk in the picture. And no moon that night so light was bad. I turned all lights off before walking out the door to take the picture.

Also for anyone that knows, are orbs just what they are balls of lights, or can they cause mayham like ghost? I do know when we first moved in I saw a guy (maybe in his 20s) and a dog in ghost form. ( no it couldnt been someone in my home, for there is knowone that age here or animal) So I was wondering if they can go between?

Thank you all for answering my long questions.

post-10-1093920238.jpg

Guest Lottie

Think its time for an early spring clean! original.gif Its dust. I tried to create 'orbs' before... I shook out rugs and blankets , my hair and jumped up and down and the same effect was created for the camera.

Keep posting Mom, this is fascinating. I have photos of orbs; they are not dust particles. Tell us more about your feelings and the ghosts that you have seen. They say these are spirits in orb form. Have you had any activity in the house or on the grounds such as lights going on or off... or objects moved?

Edited by Babs

I can see where yes there are alot of dust balls, But to come from that one area in the house? anywhere else in the living room and dinning you will never get that many. If any. And yes I did the whole dusk thing to, Which they always come out more grey.

As for the thing that happen, yes there has been some things. Which I have checked out what may have cause alot of it. I have had lights go off and come back on, but this could be from bad wiring,Tv that come on in the middle of the time, which could be timing maybe, Tv when turning them off has a outline of a person in them, Also pictures coming off the wall when everything is still. Which still have no found what have cause that due to the fact, I have hit the wall, slam doors, put a lot of air on them and nothing happen, Also had something break in the bathroom, it keep falling off the wall, on the third time it broke, But yet when I hung something with more weight in the spot nothing happens to it.

My year old also says he sees things, and will not go in the back bedroom at night even with someone, he will go to the door and thats it. when sleeping in the backroom, you always feel a heavy weight during the midnight hours on you, like being held down. Also have seen a young man and dog in the back room, which put off a blue form around them. (no man in the home and my dog didnt look like the dog and wasnt even in the home when this happen, which I got up to check)

Had only one thing really big happen in the living room, which was a form of some kind, dark form, had a hat and a shape as a man, but small. most everything happens in the hall and back room.

I am not saying I have ghost or trying to make things more than what they are. Just asking for those who may know, why they think it is. Thanks

Can you go back to the spot. Look at the wall very carefuly. between the first & third line from the left. Look carefully at the design of the wood panel. I see a face in that picture. I do not want to give details, till you look at the engravings of the wood.

249888[/snapback]

i-can-see-the-face-too-and-looks-like-someone-wearing-georgian-period-clothes whistling2.gif

Hello everybody from Lonecat.

Happy new month to all! I found the picture very interesting indeed. When I looked closely at the main orb, l was reminded strongly of one of those thin lead seals that you find over the cork in a bottle of wine. I can see what looks like a stylised bunch of grapes in the centre and there seems to be some sort of incription or legend written inside the rim. It would be interesting to enlarge this image as much as possible.

Regarding the idea of dust specks : I have been in many dusty places in my time but I have never photographed an orb....not even once! Of course it is a good idea to keep the objective lens of your camera clean but in order to find out whether orbs are "dust specks", all you have to do is take several picture in a row in different places and against a plain background. If the orbs or specks are in the same position each time then obviously the lens is dirty. Remember that on many night vision video footages there are orbs which move around in erratic paths and do not just drift like dust. Another thing that occurs to me is that if these phenomena were due to specks of dust then each one is not only out of focus (why are not some of them at least IN focus?) but they must ALL be out of focus to the SAME degree : in other words all must be at the same distance from the camera lens or on the exactly the same plane. If however these are unknown luminous entities, (and therefore being their own light source) then they COULD be at different distances from the camera. By the way, dust particles are not all spherical or disc shaped. Why does one not see irregularities in the shape of them?

The only other thing I'd like to mention about luminous anomalies in photograhs is that all these apparitions, whether they look like ghostly faces or cigarette smoke or semi-human figures, appear to be on a flat plane, rather like a sheet of glass, close to the camera. One cannot rule out the possibility of their being "specks of dust" but neither must one pontifically state that they ARE and SAY "CASE CLOSED". All this still needs study. Lonecat cool.gif

i've always been very suspicious or these "orb" pictures, i mean most of the photos i've sen look so fake, and i mean they could be anything, stuff on the camera, bit of dust that cauht the light, anything, i doubt they are ghostly in nature..

few photos for you.....

post-8538-1094123149.jpg

MomOf2, I promise, I'm NOT "disin' you," but I've gotta ask one question, (I always wonder this about pics such as this one,) Why were you taking a pic of THAT wall? blink.gif

I mean, I always see these pics of wall and doors and things without subject matter, but there's "mysteriously" a ghost or something in the pic that no one ever saw until AFTER it was processed. If you were taking a pic of SOMEONE or SOMETHING OF INTEREST, I'd be more apt to believe the pic. But when I see a "photo of nothing" in which there's suddenly an apparition of something, I'm suspicious.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in The Supernatural. I've had my own experiences. However, I'm a Skeptical Believer. I am more likely to give credance to Stories than I am to Pics. With Digital Cams notorious for creating "Orb-like" anamolies, and with "Photoshop," I know that "Pictures are NO LONGER worth a Thousand Words."

Hello everybody from Lonecat.

Happy new month to all!

252169[/snapback]

BTW, Happy New Month, Lonecat!!! grin2.gif

When I was an Overnight Prison Corrections Officer, (EONS AND EONS AGO,) my Partner and I used to celebrate "Happy New Month" EVERY MONTH! laugh.gif

What else do you do when you get all of The Inmates on their "slabs" and asleep and it's midnight and there's nothing to do?

You create "Holidays" to celebrate. wink2.gif

My partner was a woman, so she used to bake cakes, and then we'd play party games and have party favors. We also played music and danced! It was a lovely time for all, errr,,,well,,,for both of us. laugh.gif Unfortunately, we were "on-duty," so sips of Champagne were out of the question. sad.gif But we DID have fun, EVEN WITHOUT "The Bubblie..." thumbsup.gifwhistling2.gif

SORRY MOMOF2, I DIDN'T MEAN TO "HIGHJACK" YOUR THREAD, BUT I JUST HAD TO RESPOND TO LONECAT'S POST, WHEREIN HE WISHED US A "HAPPY NEW MONTH."

That brought back some really cool old memories!!! wink2.gif

Hi Dave, hope your evening, is going good.

I can't answer for Mom, I myself, will take pictures of the walls, ceilings floor ect, because, I will either see an orb or something there and or sense it's energy.

I have a friend, who hears noises in her house, she'll snap in the area of the noise. So I guess, as usual with this topic, it depends on the individual. wink2.gif

my 1st guess was it looked like water droplets....but then the picture would have been distorted.

now it looks like dust to me.

The reason for the picture, was of my son. But due to the fact I didnt want him all over the board I edit him out of it. But I do snap pictures of walls or outside, when I am trying out a new one, to see how the picture come out and stuff. The one outside. Now that was just a picture to see how good a picture would come out in the dark. (trying a new one) Plus the normal picture was way to big to put on. so I had to cut it down alot, there was more in it.

I understand about the dusk, Cause I took this picture and seen only two that came out on the preview button, then snap other one right after. So they were back to back. This one looked like this and the other was nothing. And when I take picture anywhere else in the house, I get a lot less than this. this is the only spot in the house I get alot. I know for sure it isnt dusk on the lens, might be moving in the home.

But does dusk make a bright light when you take a picture? Light maybe a light bug?

Thanks for everyone thoughts. wavey.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain this one for me please.

Noone was moving around(from what I could see from where I was)and there was no dust on lens(the person who took photo cleaned lens just before taking it)

There have been other photo's like this taken in different places in the pub that have similar things in.

user posted image

I personally think it's dust (I'm VERY sceptical when it comes to orb photos). It's not on the lens but is floating just in front of it and is being illuminated by the flash. You'll find also any amount of movement can stir dust up and you'll normally not see it.

Oh yes was the photo taken on a digital or compact camera by any chance? It's more likely to happen with one of these as the lens is close to the flash.

Have a look at the photo's below, I took these in quick succession after shaking out a duster (some people might remember these - can't believe I still had them). The 1st no flash - no orbs, 2nd flash - orbs, 3rd orange filter over flash - orange orbs. Basically 99.9% of orb photos are false positives, particularly if a flash is used.

post-2854-1095365783.jpg

user posted image

Here's another one

Im not saying they are orbs...just think they are interesting.