Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

14 injured in stabbing

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

for those that think not resisting and givin up your things to a robber would save your life   read this.

After the victim handed over a bag with the boots he'd just purchased, he heard another man in the truck yell to the gunman to shoot him, Mitchell said.

In fear for his life, the victim pulled out his own gun and began shooting toward the robber, striking him, Mitchell said. The suspect then jumped back in the vehicle, which fled down the street to the intersection of Wafer and Southmore.

more here.  http://www.chron.com...eet-4415402.php

RESIDENT TROLL.

#92    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 11 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Maybe – maybe not.  Use of a Katana could have resulted in that many deaths.

But you are missing the point.  Gun violence against children is very high.  It doesn't come from mass shootings.  You have accidental shootings (resulting in one death) from kids playing with a weapon without respecting it.  This can be fixed with better parental controls (not community ones).  Also, suicide results in many youth dying (also resulting in one death) or severely crippled.  And gang violence accounts for one or two deaths at a time.  What is important here is that this violence is rampant and kills far more children collectively than any mass shootings like Columbine or Sandy Hook.  And the weapon of choice is usually a shotgun, hunting rifle, or handgun.

So why are people losing their bearing and being convinced that the solution is to ban assault weapons and creating a nation gun registry?  For what reason would a government need to do that?  How would this prevent the next Columbine or Sandy Hook?  No, it won't make it harder.  It won't even phase it.  If a background check does stop someone, how long before they google for "80% Lower"?  Someone intent on killing won't stop.  They will just acquire a weapon by some other means like stealing it or making it.

:tu:

#93    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Officials say a man accused of stabbing more than a dozen people at a Houston-area college told investigators that he had fantasized about cannibalism and about cutting off people's faces and wearing them as masks.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#94    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Officials say a man accused of stabbing more than a dozen people at a Houston-area college told investigators that he had fantasized about cannibalism and about cutting off people's faces and wearing them as masks.

WHAT??? :unsure2:

#95    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

i wonder what gave him that idea, oh wait i know, Hollywood. and video games, yet almost everyone denies they have any impact. guess that fact that this is multibillion $$$ industry, has nothing to do with it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#96    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Or Ed Gein gave him that idea.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#97    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have yet to play a game where I cut ones face off and wear it. Movies though... House of 1000 Corpses, Texas Chainsaw, Silence of the Lambs. Lets no forget the obvious, Face-Off.

Posted Image

#98    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

don't forget Spartacus

RESIDENT TROLL.

#99    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 12 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have yet to play a game where I cut ones face off and wear it. Movies though... House of 1000 Corpses, Texas Chainsaw, Silence of the Lambs. Lets no forget the obvious, Face-Off.

Along with negative music like this...........

I wonder if J. Loughner, J. Holmes and A. Lanza thought "There's nothing wrong with me!" every time they pulled the trigger?

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#100    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,011 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

those kind of 'music' is the worse ...
they listen to it repeatedly all day long it becomes a mantra ...

Posted Image

the same applies to music 'sheltered from criticism'  too I suspect ...

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#101    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postaztek, on 12 April 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

i wonder what gave him that idea, oh wait i know, Hollywood. and video games, yet almost everyone denies they have any impact. guess that fact that this is multibillion $$$ industry, has nothing to do with it.

Crazy people will find an outlet for their issues regardless of what they view.  Mad is mad.

I have seen violent films and played violent games since I was like 9 and am a perfectly nice, normal, grounded person with no anger issues or desire to eat people.

#102    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,971 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 09 April 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Because Americans treat each other like **** and people tend to get fed up and snap.

BTW I live in the US.
That is a relatively recent phenomenon - especially in the southern US.  Back in the day if a man disrespected another man or worse - his wife - someone was going to be killed or badly hurt.  This had a way of making civil conversations out of what might otherwise have been "imprudent" speech :)  
I don't suggest we return to the days of dueling but it's indisputable that maintaining a certain level of respect in public is needed badly anymore.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users