Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two crop circles depicting Shroud of Turin?

Still Waters

Drivers speed along one of Britain's busiest motorways completely oblivious to the Holy presence that surrounds them.

For two crop circles depicting the face of Jesus Christ have appeared on either side of the M4 near Hungerford in Berkshire.

The two almost identical circles, both 250ft in diameter, seem to portray Jesus Christ in an image resembling the world famous Shroud of Turin.

The Shroud of Turin is believed by many to be the cloth used to cover Christ at the time of his burial and the face on the shroud is believed to be the face of Jesus himself.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Still Waters

• TheSearcher

• JGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess i could maaaybe see what theyre getting at. With some imagination.

Although, if this was trhe artists intent, they could have made it a little less abstract.

shroud-of-turin.jpg

Edited by Agent. Mulder

Although, if this was trhe artists intent, they could have made it a little less abstract.

shroud-of-turin.jpg

I was about to say the same. I'm honestly not really seeing it. Oh well, I'll probably burn in hell then for being a heathen....

I was about to say the same. I'm honestly not really seeing it.

My thoughts exactly.

If you draw a face you draw "Eyes, nose, mouth, hair, shape of head", not "lots of circles". I think it looks not like a drawing, but more like an audio file or something. Like the different-sized dots are changes in tone? And if you were to play all the tones in one of the circles correctly, you would get a message. Maybe :wacko:

Why does it have to say JC depicted? I knew many guys who liked like the dude of the Turin shroud during my (early) hippy days. We have absolutely no idea what the man was looking like, so why make the conclusion. From far away, the design vaguely suggests a face, from close up, it's just circles and lines.. nevertheless, someone had fun making them.

Why does it have to say JC depicted? I knew many guys who liked like the dude of the Turin shroud during my (early) hippy days. We have absolutely no idea what the man was looking like, so why make the conclusion. From far away, the design vaguely suggests a face, from close up, it's just circles and lines.. nevertheless, someone had fun making them.

Uh ? I see a big circle with a bunch of small circles in it. :unsure2: Look out for the crowd of new age nut jobs rushing this way.

Edited by ohio state buckeyes

If you draw a face you draw "Eyes, nose, mouth, hair, shape of head", not "lots of circles". I think it looks not like a drawing, but more like an audio file or something. Like the different-sized dots are changes in tone? And if you were to play all the tones in one of the circles correctly, you would get a message. Maybe :wacko:

I agree i dont see a face at all... But i kinda agree with you audio file idea thats what i was thinking because it looks like a bunch of strings with notes lol

The image we have in our minds is the idealized image of the early roman catholic church, which does not correspond to the historical reality, in my opinion. I doubt very much that the historical Jesus was a caucasian, he would have had to be a Semite in all fairness.

I guess if you stare at it for awhile and let you eyes unfocus on it you can kinda see a face in a very weird way :wacko:

I can kinda see the resemblance, but the artist/artists/aliens didnt really do a good job. Anyway, why would aliens "draw" the face from the shroud of turin, in the time and place jesus is supposed to have lived, he wouldnt have looked like that. Unless the aliens created jesus (as i am sure some believe), then how would they even have an idea of how he looked? The artists/hoaxers should try harder next time :rolleyes:

I hate to say this,.. before, I was astound by this phenomena, i really felt that those were alien arts... but now this crop circle made me believe that we as humans can actually make something as complex on my perspective crops circles like this... whew wish people who created this did something different... if this were alien art.. ohh noo please dont tell me theyre Christians :innocent::alien::innocent: ....

Since the Shroud is quite probably a fake, the circles (and most of them) are likely to be fake.

when will they crop circle artists come up with a Mickey Mouse/donald duck crop circle? ;)

I guess if you stare at it for awhile and let you eyes unfocus on it you can kinda see a face in a very weird way :wacko:

Maybe, but it's a very abstract version of the shroud's face if it is indeed the intended image by the circle's creator.

Since the Shroud is quite probably a fake, the circles (and most of them) are likely to be fake.

when will they crop circle artists come up with a Mickey Mouse/donald duck crop circle? ;)

Well, yes the crop circles are "fake" in the sense that theyre not ET.

The shroud is most likely "real", but not that of jesus.

So, the circles are still real, and supposedly a rendition of the shroud, which is real, but not of jesus.

Ummm. Not seeing it at all, even with a picture of the shroud up next to the circle. Sorry.

If I saw those without the reference to the Shroud of Turin, I would never, ever link the two. The crop circles look like some kind of code to me, rather then a picture.

I can see a face - only its not the messiah! - its Dr Zoidberg from futurama!

I can see a face - only its not the messiah! - its Dr Zoidberg from futurama!

Well maybe the aliens are trying to tell us that Dr. Zoidberg is the new messiah? :blink:

I don't see anything actually. Just a bunch of circles to be truthful. :/

I'm not sure what crack they're smoking to see a face out of that, but I can't see a thing except for circles placed in random positions inside a large circle. :wacko:

Well, yes the crop circles are "fake" in the sense that theyre not ET.

The shroud is most likely "real", but not that of jesus.

So, the circles are still real, and supposedly a rendition of the shroud, which is real, but not of jesus.

the shroud is real.. anyone could see it when they take it out.. to say it's the shroud of JC is a lie :P

I'm sorry, I don't understand the comparison? I love art but IMO this is way too far fetched to make such a comparison. :hmm:

I have never actually been to a crop circle. I knoow we have them over here but I guess I just miss out on hearing about them. As to what this one looks like, got me. I guess it's just hoe one looks at it.Guess I'll burn, along with thhe other member who mentioned his fate, above this comment, for not seeig the face. Shoot, I settle for just seeing a crop circle that was a circle just to say I have seen one.:lol:

Edited by Graveyard Hound