Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

American Horror Story

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#91    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 30 December 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

Oh... and the man that is burned.. who was looking money from the husband AFTER he killed his bit on the side  and she was buried in the back yard and he built a gazebo on top of her... he buried her along side the old maid remains... Well... How come he can tell  who the ghosts are? Yet the couple who own the house can't ?

Is it just me... or is this turning into a Rosemary's baby thing?  
Do you mean how can Larry tell that Ben's mistress and the maid are ghosts? Well, he did live in the same house as the Harmon's did so I assume he had some experience with the ghosts. and you'll learn a lot more about his past in the last few episodes.

And yep, it does get a Rosemary's Baby vibe.

Posted Image

#92    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 30 December 2011 - 04:30 AM, said:

Do you mean how can Larry tell that Ben's mistress and the maid are ghosts? Well, he did live in the same house as the Harmon's did so I assume he had some experience with the ghosts. and you'll learn a lot more about his past in the last few episodes.

And yep, it does get a Rosemary's Baby vibe.

I see no point to his role, other than he once lived there and set fire to it...went crazy...  I can see how the rest of the cast fit in well but not him...

I am also wondering if  the gazebo   will ever get torn down, and the bodies revealed...  The maid finally gets to cross over ...

I must admit, the show is really good and leaves you asking yourself so many questions  ... When I watched the pilot and seeing the hubby mast_rbating ..I was put off.. I thought  here we go, they must feel we have to see this sort of crap to keep us glued to it...  I was glad to see it get better....

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#93    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

If I get time tomorrow I'll rewatch ep 11, stupid hubby deleted all my Supernatural eps when he was meant to delete each one of these instead and replace it after I watched it.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#94    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 30 December 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

I see no point to his role, other than he once lived there and set fire to it...went crazy...  I can see how the rest of the cast fit in well but not him...

I am also wondering if  the gazebo   will ever get torn down, and the bodies revealed...  The maid finally gets to cross over ...

I must admit, the show is really good and leaves you asking yourself so many questions  ... When I watched the pilot and seeing the hubby mast_rbating ..I was put off.. I thought  here we go, they must feel we have to see this sort of crap to keep us glued to it...  I was glad to see it get better....
Gotcha, but they'll reveal a lot more about him. His role definitely has a point. And yeah, I was a little concerned about that scene as well.  :lol:

Edited by ~TheBigK~, 30 December 2011 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image

#95    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 30 December 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Gotcha, but they'll reveal a lot more about him. His role definitely has a point. And yeah, I was a little concerned about that scene as well.  :lol:

I was just telling the hubby about our thread on this show.... I said, you know that American Horror Story I set to record a  lot?  Well we have a thread on it and you'd nearly think from they way we all talk about it, that it was like a soap Posted Image  

It does sound like a soap only a horror story soap  lol   I love it..

I hope it doesn't wind up like Heroes..... I remember ho many of us went mad to watch that  show.....  We had a thread or two on it too and couldn't wait for the next episode.. it was too exciting and then it died a death.ran for a couple of seasons and that was it gone ..!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 30 December 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#96    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 30 December 2011 - 07:46 PM, said:

I was just telling the hubby about our thread on this show.... I said, you know that American Horror Story I set to record a  lot?  Well we have a thread on it and you'd nearly think from they way we all talk about it, that it was like a soap Posted Image  

It does sound like a soap only a horror story soap  lol   I love it..

I hope it doesn't wind up like Heroes..... I remember ho many of us went mad to watch that  show.....  We had a thread or two on it too and couldn't wait for the next episode.. it was too exciting and then it died a death.ran for a couple of seasons and that was it gone ..!!
Haha, it really is like a soap! The internet fan base it has is crazy, there are tons of blogs dedicated to theories and stuff like that.

Posted Image

#97    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Ok I re-watched 'Birth' and the places mentioned were Boston, Florida, North Carolina/ Roan Oak?

Also the psychic mentioned how energies thrived in places of suffering such as prisons or asylums..... now we'll just have to wait and see.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#98    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

View PostTia, on 31 December 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Ok I re-watched 'Birth' and the places mentioned were Boston, Florida, North Carolina/ Roan Oak?

Also the psychic mentioned how energies thrived in places of suffering such as prisons or asylums..... now we'll just have to wait and see.
Yep, most people are thinking it's going to be Florida. My two favorite theories though are a prison and a farm. The prison because it might be the one Larry went to, and I would like to see him (at least the actor) again. Not to mention if there's a horror/ghost story centered around a prison, well, there's a lot of possibilities. The farm was never specifically mentioned (that I can recall) in Birth but there's a ton of things that suggest it, like farm animal imagery in the nursery Chad was building. I think that would be a good setting because if it was a particularly old one, there could be the classic Native American burial ground type haunt, or maybe even slaves. I have a feeling Ryan Murphy wouldn't make the clue obvious like how they mention Florida a lot, but the farm hinting was subtle, so I think that could be it.

Posted Image

#99    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

I only have the last two episodes to watch.. one is recorded but the other doesn't come on until this Thursday, the finial episode...  

I still saw no point in the burned man  who told his wife to leave and take the girls, then they were burned alive... His role still had no real meaning to the story..

#100    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 31 January 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I only have the last two episodes to watch.. one is recorded but the other doesn't come on until this Thursday, the finial episode...  

I still saw no point in the burned man  who told his wife to leave and take the girls, then they were burned alive... His role still had no real meaning to the story..
I can't remember which episode it was but have you seen the one that reveals how he actually got burned?

Posted Image

#101    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 31 January 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I can't remember which episode it was but have you seen the one that reveals how he actually got burned?

Yes  him and Tate ..  He was creepy to look at before he got burned .  I am up to were Vivian is about to have her baby. I have yet to watch that one ..  There are more ghosts in that show than the living.. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire family just died  too  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 31 January 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#102    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

So what did you think of the rest of it BM?

And for anyone who's interested, Jessica Lange will be the main character in the second season.  

We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.

http://www.tvline.co...bc-saving-hope/

Posted Image

#103    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Got to admit I don't even remember Paulson's character but am looking forward to Peter's again. So will Jessica and he be the total opposites this time? I'm so use to seeing the both so twisted lol.

HEY I WON!

#104    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

It sounds like they'll be the total opposite. I can't find the link but Zachary Quinto is returning as well as Jessica Lange's "nemesis" apparently. I'm a but confused though, Murphy said there would be 4 actors returning but now I'm hearing of 5.

Posted Image

#105    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,121 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 02 March 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

So what did you think of the rest of it BM?

And for anyone who's interested, Jessica Lange will be the main character in the second season.  

http://www.tvline.co...bc-saving-hope/

That's really interesting, thank you for posting that.  My best friend and I are hooked on this show, I basically went to her house and demanded she put it on her dvr record list, and later, she's thanking me, lol.  To be honest, I'm really lost on the direction the show is heading, so Jessica Lange is someone else entirely?  That's kind of a bummer because she was great as Constance, but I guess they are just going to have a new story, new location each season, which is kind of a neat idea.  I'm still excited to see what happens next season.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users