Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I god?

Koreyomg

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

The Mormons believe that when they die they get to be god fo other worlds.

Literality a god or a figure of speech?

As an atheist, I'm the most important being in my world, some have taken this to calling themselves a god but not in the sense of magical powers.

• Like 1

Walk up to a bear and tell it you're it's god. See what happens. ;)

lol - but, but isn't a God supposed to be wise? :whistle:

• Like 1

In pantheism god is everything, so we are god along with everything else, rocks, kittycats, dogs, birds.... As above, so below.

• Like 1

May not be the right forum. But I have heard this a lot lately from some very spiritual people. And actually recently found it in a philosophical book by Deepak Chopra. Basically stating that we are our own god. Or I believe someone pointed to their head when asked about god.

It kind of makes more sense than a lot of other claims. To say that we are our own creator, so in essence we are god, our own god.

Is this something that is a popular belief or am I just coincidentally seeing this? I am really interested to hear what others have come to believe.

It is stated through Christianity that god believes that all people are equal and created in his image.. you tell me. if your your own god.. Cause I dont think "god" was joking...

As stated many a times in many ah religions.

Edited by KainFall

Seriously though. Where do people get these crazy accusations from.. Its obvious man. We are our own gods.. God teaches us the righteous path cause hes all knowing.. And its what helps us formulate what and who we are.. Its that simple.

It says I am a God underneath my avatar, and my signature says I am a God. As I believe everything I see online, then it must be true that I am a God. Actually it seems that I am not simply a god, I am the God. Very nice :D

Hmmm, I also appear to be dead, but better being a dead God than a living mortal...

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Yes you are God.

But to understand why you'd need to do the research to discover why reality is 100% subjective.

• Like 1

It says I am a God underneath my avatar, and my signature says I am a God. As I believe everything I see online, then it must be true that I am a God. Actually it seems that I am not simply a god, I am the God. Very nice :D

Hmmm, I also appear to be dead, but better being a dead God than a living mortal...

no one likes you pharaoh!!! You are no god. Simply an image to pertain OF god. douche :P, making my point through aspiration. What more do you have to say oh great reader of the symbols.. whether against or With the odds of having the head or mind, or possibly even pertain you brain into the equation for equitable contemplation.

See Korey, We All know what were talking bout :P

You can be God, but I AM THE

[media=]

[/media]

EDIT: To actually add substance, you're master of your own whims, but society constricts you, no normal person is a 'god' in the deity context.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

You can be God, but I AM THE

[media=]

[/media]

EDIT: To actually add substance, you're master of your own whims, but society constricts you, no normal person is a 'god' in the deity context.

Yes.... :P Supposedly.

In pantheism god is everything, so we are god along with everything else, rocks, kittycats, dogs, birds.... As above, so below.

Nearly right.

While pantheism says god is everything there are no seperate objects which exist. Everything is one. This is possible because reality is just a collection of perceptions it isnt objectively real.

So in effect the only thing that exists is your mind and this is what God is.

• Like 2

no one likes you pharaoh!!! You are no god. Simply an image to pertain OF god. douche :P, making my point through aspiration. What more do you have to say oh great reader of the symbols.. whether against or With the odds of having the head or mind, or possibly even pertain you brain into the equation for equitable contemplation.

Curiously.....

What is reality made out of?

Most people will answer matter and energy because they dont know any different. When we get our science books out and look at colour we discover than colour isnt actually a property of photons. Photons come in different wavelengths and our eyes detect those wavelengths within a small range of frequencies. When they do they send electrical signals to the brain and its your brain that creates your experience of colour from them.

Now thats a problem for a materialist because it shows a part of reality is made out of mind. If you doubt it then how can one person see blue sky and a colourblind one see green sky? That should start you off on a little journey which will end with you discovering that reality is 100% mind.

The final realisation is that the mind is not confined within your skull. If thats hard to get your head around then think about how colour, which is mind, exists outside of your head. There is in fact no division between reality and mind because they are the same thing. All that exists is your mind and it is the creator of your experiences. It is God.

• Like 1

Curiously.....

Really, Gaht dang it pharaoh, I apologize for my intrusion of apathetic attempt of reason an explanation. I understand that your stance "could" be over a higher explanation of/for the soul.. And an even deeper meaning behind that.. I shouldv put it into consideration. The depth of ones own mind.. An how far it can go.

But a pawn from a higher game... Its just history.

I see behind your deception. I have no furthur right to question your mind.. No more than any other person presumably.. Sigh*

What is reality made out of?

Most people will answer matter and energy because they dont know any different. When we get our science books out and look at colour we discover than colour isnt actually a property of photons. Photons come in different wavelengths and our eyes detect those wavelengths within a small range of frequencies. When they do they send electrical signals to the brain and its your brain that creates your experience of colour from them.

Now thats a problem for a materialist because it shows a part of reality is made out of mind. If you doubt it then how can one person see blue sky and a colourblind one see green sky? That should start you off on a little journey which will end with you discovering that reality is 100% mind.

The final realisation is that the mind is not confined within your skull. If thats hard to get your head around then think about how colour, which is mind, exists outside of your head. There is in fact no division between reality and mind because they are the same thing. All that exists is your mind and it is the creator of your experiences. It is God.

I completely understand where your coming at... Simply because I payed attention in school... An common sense....100% mind. over matter.. Your basically Talking about a grid.. This grid. Explained through many of ancient languages.. Latin Being a strong Example.. Hyroglyphs, Being an overall Entity of the Idea... And Even the Simple Chinese LAnguage.. All Grids of mediums and forms of Perception.. Its simple/basic mathematics.. Theres no saying its not true, or its not possible.. Cause you just thought of it.. Its the basis of your thought of insanity.. Which is where i think the grid of space time continuum lies... Thus the subject through/of racism.

Most people will answer matter and energy because they dont know any different.
And unlike you, they'd be right.

OT: Is the fact that CERN contradicts your delusional position the reason you haven't responded to http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240103&st=45#entry4602582

?

How is it the materialist's problem you can't tell the difference between perception and reality?

First you'd have to show our perception of colour exists outside our head.

And unlike you, they'd be right.

OT: Is the fact that CERN contradicts your delusional position the reason you haven't responded to http://www.unexplain...45#entry4602582

?

How is it the materialist's problem you can't tell the difference between perception and reality?

First you'd have to show our perception of colour exists outside our head.

I think you might have lost the point with your materialistic view for criticism. Ingenious form of abnormality. But it tends to make people feel like there not getting there point across.. Always a good punt for further explanation though..

Perception is simply and as stated... What we are perceiving of reality...

theres no formality in that.. true.. aside from ourselfes forming a perception... of reality

Edited by KainFall

I think you might have lost the point with your materialistic view for criticism. Ingenious form of abnormality. But it tends to make people feel like there not getting there point across.. Always a good punt for further explanation though..

A straw man argument is a logical fallacy.

Materialism in no shape or form contradicts colour perception.

A straw man argument is a logical fallacy.

Materialism in no shape or form contradicts colour perception.

If i even knew what you just said, i would of loved to go more in depth in conversation over it.. But idk what a Straw man Argument is.. Or logical Fallacy..

im sure your completely right, Materialism in no shape or form contradicts colour perception.. even though i can pertain that as a lie.. Through a materialistic outlook towards.. ohh idk... say a perception... An say the science that colors give off emotions or set moods of perception.. Imagine your life outlook setting a mood.. Like a dim light.. It could be considered materialistic.. through the idea and fact that its what you made yourself out to be..

Edit: An sry for editing my original post.. ill fix it back i sppose.

--- I dont understand the term behind Materialism in no shape or form "Contradicts" colour perception.. So im just throwing out brain farts..

Edited by KainFall