Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two NYC officers shot dead

F3SS

Two NYC Police Officers Dead After Being Shot Ambush-Style While Sitting in Patrol Car

NEW YORK (TheBlaze/AP) — An armed man walked up to two New York Police Department officers sitting inside a patrol car and opened fire Saturday afternoon, shooting both of them fatally before running into a nearby subway station and committing suicide, police said.

The shooting took place in Brooklyn’s Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood. Both officers were rushed to Woodhull hospital, where one was pronounced dead, police said. The second officer was later pronounced dead at the hospital. That death was confirmed by two officials, a senior city official and a law enforcement official, who had direct knowledge of the shooting but were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Authorities say the suspect fatally shot himself inside the station. His motive wasn’t immediately clear.

More... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/20/report-two-nyc-police-officers-shot-in-ambush-in-grave-condition/

Oh Sharpton. Look what you've done. What do we want...?

• Like 3

This is terrible, so terrible.

Oh Sharpton. Look what you've done. What do we want...?

Hmm. The article you provided made no mention of the racial background of the assailant or the officers.

He shot his girlfriend too! And he posted a picture on Instagram of a gun and said "I'm about to give some pigs wings" or something to that effect.

*Sigh*

I find myself feeling cold for what happened to the girl. I'm indifferent towards the police, due to events that have happened over the last several years.

I feel just as bad for these cops as i do for anyone else whos life is carelessly taken...

These officers had nothing to do with any of these cases we have been seeing all over our tv sets,i dont believe in guilt by association...Their families grief will be just as real as anyone elses.

And NOW the net effect will be for the LEO's to be even more jumpy and quick on the draw. At least this man had the decency to save the taxpayers for his upkeep.
  • Like 5

I would blame Mayor Bill Deblasio just as much as Al Sharpton for his careless comments.

At the press conference that happened tonight all the cops turned their backs to the Mayor.

• Like 3

Hmm. The article you provided made no mention of the racial background of the assailant or the officers.

Apparently, it was a black shooter and according to the names an Asian and a Hispanic officer...rest their souls.

• Like 3

All of the cheerleaders saying how bad Police are helped the gunman want to do what he did.

• Like 3

He attacked because he was ignorant and probably mentally ill. And honestly, he probably hindered much of the progress made and has further polarized people. This isn't an us vs them situation. This is about the cops covering up evidence and the necessity of having a third party investigate these issues.

• Like 3

He attacked because he was ignorant and probably mentally ill. And honestly, he probably hindered much of the progress made and has further polarized people. This isn't an us vs them situation. This is about the cops covering up evidence and the necessity of having a third party investigate these issues.

why, must he be mentally ill. people kill every day who are not ill.

why, must he be mentally ill. people kill every day who are not ill.

I didn't say he must be mentally ill, I said probably. It was just an assumption. I am no psychologist.

• Like 1

Thread cleaned

Could we keep the comments in this topic civil and respectful please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Body armor is looking good right about now. How about some bullet proof glass on their cars. I hope there are no copy cats because murder is never the solution to any problem.

The motive for these slayings finally got released last night, or in the last few hours

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

• Like 3

*Sigh*

I find myself feeling cold for what happened to the girl. I'm indifferent towards the police, due to events that have happened over the last several years.

You are free to have that opinion, but please don't call the police next time you need help, find someone else to help you ( and good luck with that ) . I am only saying that because honestly , if you cannot support them when you don't need them, you don't deserve their help at all ..
  • Like 2

When I heard this news it took me back to Australia in the 1980s when 2 young police officers were murdered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walsh_Street_police_shootings

No doubt the families of the 2 American Police Officers are proud of them , I would hope the rest of America is too .

As for the murderer , shameful and cowardly .

• Like 5

*Sigh*

Will you be indifferent to the death of the next Black thug? I mean, "due to events that happened over the last several years".

• Like 2

You are free to have that opinion, but please don't call the police next time you need help, find someone else to help you ( and good luck with that ) . I am only saying that because honestly , if you cannot support them when you don't need them, you don't deserve their help at all ..

Sorry but it is acceptable to be critical of cops but still call them when you need them. That's like saying if you don't like your doctor and are critical of him don't go to any doctor. If we the people didn't say anything on some of their less than legal methods of policing lord knows what they would get away with. Do I believe all cops are bad, of course not, but there are some bad apples wearing badges.

S.F. Sheriff’s Deputy facing felony charges for assaulting hospital patient, filing false report

• Like 3

Sorry but it is acceptable to be critical of cops but still call them when you need them. That's like saying if you don't like your doctor and are critical of him don't go to any doctor. If we the people didn't say anything on some of their less than legal methods of policing lord knows what they would get away with. Do I believe all cops are bad, of course not, but there are some bad apples wearing badges.

S.F. Sheriff’s Deputy facing felony charges for assaulting hospital patient, filing false report

Being indifferent to 2 human beings being murdered because they are Police Officers is revolting , there is a big difference between being critical of 'bad apples' and being critical of 2 innocent men being shot . It is not like saying if you don't like your doctor , don't go to any doctor, it is like saying you heard there are some bad doctors ,so if any doctor is shot , who cares ........ I think the point being missed by you , is 2 men died , doing their job to protect others . It is not acceptable to think it is ok to be indifferent to ANY innocent person being shot.
  • Like 8

Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return. W.H. Auden

Variations on a theme....What goes around, comes around.

Had the Staten Island cop been indicted, is it possible that this would not have happened?

calls are being made for Bloomberg to step down, because he said officers were bigoted and these officers deserved to be shot or something like that.

Hmm... I was speaking more to the race baiters from down low to up on the Hill who've whipped people into a frenzy with irresponsible divisive rhetoric. The narrative is that cops kill black people only and solely because they're black. Facts and circumstance be damned. From Sharpton to DeBlasio to Holder. They've all acted in egregious ways and crowds were chanting for dead cops because of them.

... To be honest my gut reaction was a black guy doing their bidding. Turns out I was right.

Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return. W.H. Auden

Variations on a theme....What goes around, comes around.

Had the Staten Island cop been indicted, is it possible that this would not have happened?

What evil had been done to this murderer? With that kind of logic evil done to one is evil done to all. Therefore evil commuted by one must be evil commited by all. Right? Yes. That's exactly the kind of grouping and divisiveness that causes all this crap in the first place. Black people aren't one entity.

• Like 5

I wonder if he killed himself because he is a coward or because he realized that he didn't do what he really set out to do, IMO, and that is kill white cops. I'm concerned that someone else is going to try and fix that for him.

• Like 2