Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

100,000 members

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16    farandaway

farandaway

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

• I know the voices aren't real...but they have some pretty good ideas!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Not just the best paranormal site.  The best site for just about anything you are interested in!!  UM Rocks.B)

And all dead years draw thither, and all disastrous things...  
The Garden of Proserpine by Algernon Charles Swinburne

#17    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,890 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

I am a tad late on replying.

Hell yeah.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#18    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,765 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thats extraordinary Saru!

Congrats UM!!

And its good to see you back Drayno!

Posted Image

#19    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

Congrats UM !!!!!!!!! *breaks open a bottle of champers*

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,878 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:35 AM

It would be more impressive if I did not suspect that like 90% of those people only came to the site 10 times or less and only posted 5 times or less. Have any of you gone through the Members list alphabetically trying to remember someones name? Takes forever, and you get to see thousands of people with 0 or 1 post who for whatever reason, made a membership and then dropped out.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,858 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

It's true that not everyone posts on the forums, however many members visit UM just to read and/or subscribe to the articles. UM is a great online resource for information.

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 March 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

It would be more impressive if I did not suspect that like 90% of those people only came to the site 10 times or less and only posted 5 times or less. Have any of you gone through the Members list alphabetically trying to remember someones name? Takes forever, and you get to see thousands of people with 0 or 1 post who for whatever reason, made a membership and then dropped out.

Very true... it would be great if a good even just 80% of the people made posts ..I guess for many... they happen to google a certain topic and find UM as one of the top searches... the want to go in and make a post...and leave ..not bothering to stick around

I have done this to yahoo once... I only registered to make a post or two and vanished... but I can't say I did that on UM  lol...not a mission haha

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,878 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

I do that with the Oregonian online newspaper. I only read articles that pop up on various searches and only occationally leave a comment.

I guess a lot of those people could be just reading and watching. Really, if you look at just about every thread, there is like 10 to 20 views for every post.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#24    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 March 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

I do that with the Oregonian online newspaper. I only read articles that pop up on various searches and only occationally leave a comment.

I guess a lot of those people could be just reading and watching. Really, if you look at just about every thread, there is like 10 to 20 views for every post.

She-Ra made a thread once..politely asking for all those lurking  ( reading) to please make some posts...all are welcome...

Good ole She-Ra...her thread made me happy...I too was wanting some ot come on and post...and I think some did..YES they did...I recall some entering  right after joining saying they say the thread and thought they would start posting....so hey She-ra did help...

I subcribed to a few topics ...still do...

#25    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Wonder if that includes closed accounts. I had changed my user name twice in the past and started over with a new account once.

#26    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

View Postclyde barrow, on 11 March 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

Wonder if that includes closed accounts. I had changed my user name twice in the past and started over with a new account once.

I don't think changing your user name would add to the count.. you would still have the same account.. If you close that account and open a new one to start afresh, then yes I think that will add to the count of members joined

Looking at the exact total to date -> 92,716 members have joined UM.   Well if you were to take in to account - those that have closed their accounts and later came back with new accounts.. and even those that have trolled, got banned and came back  over and over  .... that still would not scratch the surface of the 90 odd thousand acounts registered with UM... I would dare say those that have done that would not reach  1% of the total

Just guessing mind you !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 March 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#27    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,098 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 March 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

I don't think changing your user name would add to the count.. you would still have the same account.. If you close that account and open a new one to start afresh, then yes I think that will add to the count of members joined

Looking at the exact total to date -> 92,716 members have joined UM.   Well if you were to take in to account - those that have closed their accounts and later came back with new accounts.. and even those that have trolled, got banned and came back  over and over  .... that still would not scratch the surface of the 90 odd thousand acounts registered with UM... I would dare say those that have done that would not reach  1% of the total

Just guessing mind you !!
There's one I can think of, that must have contributed at least 10% by doing that.
Naming no names, but he pops up repeatedly in the UFO forum, usually with a message from God to humanity, with a new name each time (or some variation on the same one), then is banned after about 10 minutes and the thread disappears once more into oblivion.

Edited by 747400, 12 March 2011 - 08:59 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#28    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,098 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 March 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

I do do that with various things; this is one of the only two or three places I've stuck around at, actually. I registered with our local paper just the other day to complain about the traffic. I doubt that I'll bother doing anything else.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

View Post747400, on 12 March 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

There's one I can think of, that must have contributed at least 10% by doing that.
Naming no names, but he pops up repeatedly in the UFO forum, usually with a message from God to humanity, with a new name each time (or some variation on the same one), then is banned after about 10 minutes and the thread disappears once more into oblivion.

So this person has made 9,200 ID's?   really? wow

I do not get why anyone after getting banned..would bother making up new email addresses over and over with new ID's just to troll?  thats just pathetic..

#30    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,443 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

View Post747400, on 12 March 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

10% would be over 9,000 accounts.... :lol:

It might seem like he's registered a lot but in reality he'd have a long way to go to reach even three figures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users