Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Rapture... And then What?

Mrs.Kahalioumi

Have any of you read the books in the Left Behind series? Since I started reading these I have tried to find any and all information about that time period. Bible, other works and books, etc.... I have asked opinions of others, and have gotten an array of ideas... One person said that it has already taken place... (Which I don't personally agree with... If 1 quarter of the population just disappeared, I think that people would remember that event...)

My thoughts/questions are this... What do you think will transpire during this event? Will all the children and innocent go, too? Do you think that they will be there one second, and then not be there the next? IF you believe in the rapture/bible prophesies, how do you think it will change the world if/when it occurs?

I personally would love a whole host of different opinions and questions on this matter... I have my own, that I will share too...

What do you think?

grin2.gif

Edited by Mrs.Kahalioumi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mrs.Kahalioumi

• Jesus_Freak

• beowulf

• Zaus

Okay, the Rapture is when Jesus coems back to Earth to take all of God's children back to Heaven with him. At this time, all of God's followers will be taken form the Earth, and they will go to Heaven with Jesus. As for the innocent children, I'm not sure what the age you must be to be reponsible for your faith, but in the biblical days it was 14, I'm sure that around the same age now, if not a little younger. After all of God's children are taken back to heaven, that's when the Anti-Christ will come into rule. I think, not 100%. Then there will be 7 years of chaos and hell on earth. There will be one sacred spot on earth where you will be able to go if you didn't get redemption during the rapture. I forget the specifics, but after the 7 years of chaos on Earth, God will destroy the earth by fire. All those who do not believe in Him will perish. =I'm pretty sure that's how it will work. anyway, I hope that was helpful, and God Bless original.gif

So, do any of you all think that when Christ comes to take his rightous away, will it be a big event, or POOF and they are all gone?

(I love this kind of discussions... So fun!!!)

original.gif

Edited by Mrs.Kahalioumi

Well after the christians are gone all the Pagans come out of the woods and party and run naked on the beach. Then there is a thousand years of peaceful Sundays with no JW's knocking at the door. laugh.gif

No offence just the cold pills talking. wacko.gif

So, do any of you all think that when Christ comes to take his rightous away, will it be a big event, or POOF and they are all gone?

(I love this kind of discussions... So fun!!!)

original.gif

356305[/snapback]

I think it will have to be a big deal, because Christ has followers all over the world (Including myself) I can't say for sure. No one knows, but when it happens, you'll know wink2.gif

I think that when the time is right those who are true christians will be gone in a blink of an eye. No one will know why so many people have vanished, there will be total chaos. This is the time the antichrist will come to power and smooth everything over and for three and a half years things will go well. After the first three years things will rapidly change and most will fear God and put their trust in the antichrist. Those who do not follow the antichrist will be persecuted and must try to keep their faith in God until the day when Jesus returns and all eyes will behold him as he decends to cast satan into the bottomless pit for 1000 years. Those who did not turn to Christ in those dark days will be struck down and those who did will live a new life in the service of God for 1000 years.

Some people think tribulation will be 7 years and some think 3 1/2. All I know is I hope I'm not here for it.

Hmmm, better start changing my ways.

Look, in my humble opinion - In regard to a rapture occurring, I highly doubt it will happen in a way that hundreds of thousands of people disappear. God will just leave all of the jungle, tribal people right where they are...*wonders if Bush could be taken away by the rapture :lola:

I have to admit it seems a little impossible for so many to vanish but given Gods power and a little faith in Him, all is possible. Take into account the state of the world..maybe not so many will vanish.

I have to admit it seems a little impossible for so many to vanish but given Gods power and a little faith in Him, all is possible.  Take into account the state of the world..maybe not so many will vanish.

356457[/snapback]

Haha... No kidding.... The world isn't exsactly a totally god-fearin' place....!! w00t.gif

I think there is a limited number of people in the book that is suppose to already exists that will be going. I read the number a while ago but I don't remember what it was.

I think there is a limited number of people in the book that is suppose to already exists that will be going. I read the number a while ago but I don't remember what it was.

356490[/snapback]

it's supposed to be 144,000 or so. anyway, i think it will happen, because i am a believer of God. i need to change my ways if i wanna be chosen though whistling2.gif

Those who did not turn to Christ in those dark days will be struck down and those who did will live a new life in the service of God for 1000 years.

Some people think tribulation will be 7 years and some think 3 1/2.  All I know is I hope I'm not here for it.

Hmmm, better start changing my ways.

356370[/snapback]

Well said. I don't wanna be here for it either, but I think instead of 1000 years it's supposed to be eternity

I have read that the eternity part is when Christ does come back, and Satan is banished forever... Atleast I think so...

From what my mother says people won't just disappear they will rise including the dead believers and people will be able to see them rise up to heaven.

Quite a few times in the NT, Jesus states that before all of those with him die, he will return. He didn’t, they are very dead, and Xians are still waiting for his return nearly 2000 years later! The book of Revelations was not accepted into the bible until around the 13th century and then only by the Catholics (their linear descendents the Protestants inherited this particularly crazy bit of mythology when they translated the Vulgate and Greek bibles). None of the other Xian groups (Coptic, Orthodox, ect) accept Revelations as valid – so you Protestants are taking the word of a dead Catholic Pope that Revelations is valid! Go figger – don’t religions make such strange inconsistencies! whistling2.gif

1. You'v got to believe in the Bible to believe in the Rapture.

2. Beowulf, I doubt you believe in the Bible.

3. You can't mess with other people's faith, so why even try?

Anyway, I do believe in the Rapture.

It will be an invasion of UFOs lead by Jesus.

Thats what I think.

Well said, DarkWind.

Im with you on that one

Blessed Be

xxx

Quite a few times in the NT, Jesus states that before all of those with him die, he will return.  He didn’t, they are very dead, and Xians are still waiting for his return nearly 2000 years later!  The book of Revelations was not accepted into the bible until around  the 13th century and then only by the Catholics (their linear descendents the Protestants inherited this particularly crazy bit of mythology when they translated the Vulgate and Greek bibles).  None of the other Xian groups (Coptic, Orthodox, ect) accept Revelations as valid – so you Protestants are taking the word of a dead Catholic Pope that Revelations is valid!  Go figger – don’t religions make such strange inconsistencies!  whistling2.gif

356917[/snapback]

There are other parts in the bible that state of the second coming of Christ... Not just in the book of Revelations... Also, lets not get to the authenticity of the bible... I think everyone has a different opionon about that...

Oh, and, Im not a Protestant. Please don't round all of us up who believe in the second coming/rapture... etc... as protestant... Im sure some of us are just Christians... :-)

Back on the subject......

... I dig the UFO one.. How cool!

It will be an invasion of UFOs lead by Jesus.

That is another thing Norman, Do aliens exist? Probably. Are they advanced? Probably not. Population I stars had nothing in them but hydrogen and helium and had a life measured in millions of years instead of billions. Population II stars formed from the debris of the deaths of the Population I stars (novas, supernovas, etc), had lifes measued in high million, low billion years, but were metal poor, so any life on their planets would never have progressed past the stone or ceramic ages. Population III planets (our sun is one) all formed from the debis of Population I and II stars and are relatively rich in metals. These stars all formed within a close time period and if evolution of life followed the norm, it will be like in Star Trek, with all the lifeforms similarly advanced - i.e. no UFO aliens or any that exist would only be a hundred or so years ahead of us....Doubt if they have even heard of any of our religions or their founders, so don't count on Jesus being on a UFO, that is unless Elvis is with him!

You can't mess with other people's faith, so why even try?

I think intelligent minds should be rational, so I attempt to infuse logic into those minds, to return them to rational non-gullible thought.

There are other parts in the bible that state of the second coming of Christ

Yes and if it is Jesus speaking about it, you will notice that he does one or another of the "I will return before all of you have died. To take the word of one of the Apostles means that you believe the "Messiah" was lying!

There are other parts in the bible that state of the second coming of Christ

Yes and if it is Jesus speaking about it, you will notice that he does one or another of the "I will return before all of you have died. To take the word of one of the Apostles means that you believe the "Messiah" was lying!

357094[/snapback]

So.... You say that all of Christ's followers have died? Every last one of Christ's followers? Interesting... blink.gif

i think intelligent minds should be rational, so I attempt to infuse logic into those minds, to return them to rational non-gullible thought.

Those are fighting words....

So, according to you, intelligent minds cannot entertain religious theory? You have a right to feel how ever you want to... Please don't call me or any one else gullible because we bellieve in the possiblility that such a Religious theory could be true.

Edited by Mrs.Kahalioumi

So, according to you, intelligent minds cannot entertain religious theory?

Fight if you must, but I apologize, that was misworded and aimed at the strange concoction of UFOlogy and Xianity that Norman seems to follow, not at mainstream Xianity. You can believe what you like, even against all the evidence. That is your right, but it is my contention that to come on a secular forum pressing religous beliefs is just plain rude. whistling2.gif

So, according to you, intelligent minds cannot entertain religious theory?

Fight if you must, but I apologize, that was misworded and aimed at the strange concoction of UFOlogy and Xianity that Norman seems to follow, not at mainstream Xianity. You can believe what you like, even against all the evidence. That is your right, but it is my contention that to come on a secular forum pressing religous beliefs is just plain rude. whistling2.gif

357116[/snapback]

I was not saying that "I" was fighting... Just that thoes word contain alot of prejuduce...

Wait, isn't this forum listed under "Spirituality?" I thought that this was the spot to begin a talk about The Rapture? Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I don't want to further this pointless debate over whether the bible is true or how we should interpret what is said...

sleeping.gif

Back to the subject...

Does anyone think that the rapture will happen in our lifetimes? Or...?

original.gif

Edited by Mrs.Kahalioumi

If it was to happen, it would be awfully late...I checked the NT, Jesus was quite specific in saying that some of themembers of the group would still be alive when he returned! It's inconsistencies like this that is slowly killing the religion.

Wait, isn't this forum listed under "Spirituality?" I thought that this was the spot to begin a talk about The Rapture?

Why yes it is, at least half of the forum title is "Spirituality"; strange tho, the other half reads "and Skepticism" so I guess that gives me the right to question the validity of your thread, your mythology, and anything else that I am skeptical about in this forum! America, whadda country! thumbsup.gif