Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Ancient Astronaut Theory

• Please log in to reply
1927 replies to this topic

#1861    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,539 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 31 October 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm hoping that his videos are intended to be a tongue in cheek parody.  That's the impression I get from watching the few that I've watched anyway.  If they are intended to be serious, they are pathetically bad. :lol:

I'm definitely hoping for tongue-in-cheek myself, boo. The video is not exactly something a well-grounded person would take seriously. LOL I got a chuckle over the part where the "cryptozoologist" says that it's "well known" that aliens can use mind control, especially at low frequencies. Really, this is well known? Perhaps it's stated on an episode of Ancient Aliens or was in an old episode of The X-Files, but otherwise I must have missed the scientific journal or paper corroborating that fact with real-world evidence.

I must also admit to being amused by the term "cryptozoologist." I am always amused by it. It always strikes me as quite funny when people invent scientific-sounding terms for something that lacks scientific merit. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#1862    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 31 October 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

I'm definitely hoping for tongue-in-cheek myself, boo. The video is not exactly something a well-grounded person would take seriously. LOL I got a chuckle over the part where the "cryptozoologist" says that it's "well known" that aliens can use mind control, especially at low frequencies. Really, this is well known? Perhaps it's stated on an episode of Ancient Aliens or was in an old episode of The X-Files, but otherwise I must have missed the scientific journal or paper corroborating that fact with real-world evidence.

I must also admit to being amused by the term "cryptozoologist." I am always amused by it. It always strikes me as quite funny when people invent scientific-sounding terms for something that lacks scientific merit. :rolleyes:

Finding animals that were thought to be imaginary hasn't all been in vain, kmt_sesh. Considering such examples as the Java Rhino (which is now extinct in Vietnam) and the Okapi.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1863    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,539 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 31 October 2011 - 10:10 PM, said:

Finding animals that were thought to be imaginary hasn't all been in vain, kmt_sesh. Considering such examples as the Java Rhino (which is now extinct in Vietnam) and the Okapi.

cormac

Aw, man, you're just trying to rain on my parade. Here I'm considered one of the "nice guys" of the skeptics, and the moment I get nasty, you put me in my place. :w00t:

No respect, I tell ya. No respect.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1864    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 31 October 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Aw, man, you're just trying to rain on my parade. Here I'm considered one of the "nice guys" of the skeptics, and the moment I get nasty, you put me in my place. :w00t:

No respect, I tell ya. No respect.
Harte must be rubbing off on you, ya ol' meanie! :P

#1865    Dreamr

Dreamr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Attached File  untitled.jpg   158.83K   24 downloads

hey guys the co ordinates for this pic are  12.814035°/ 78.252684°.

this is in India...the drawing of the man is approx. 80 metres.

please let me know if anyone finds any info on this.

#1866    lyoung1101

lyoung1101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• We don't know as much as we think we do.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 30 December 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

This is one of numerous threads at UM that seems to be immortal. It might appear to die and disappear, only to be resurrected at a later time. :devil:

A testament to the curiosity of mankind to seek out its origins when all the other crap doesn't seem to fit.

I'm exhausted

#1867    lyoung1101

lyoung1101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

For all of you believers out there that come to this thread, and for all of you out there just visiting... here is a video that can help you in your search concerning Ancient Aliens. Godspeed in your searches for truth and don't let the gang of skeptics from this site steer you off of your path.

Edited by lyoung1101, 01 March 2012 - 05:07 AM.

I'm exhausted

#1868    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Sitchin Is Wrong

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1869    lyoung1101

lyoung1101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

Sitchin is right

I'm exhausted

#1870    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

The only think Sitchin is right about is in confirming the old saying "There's a sucker born every minute". There's no such thing as "Anunnaki" in Sumerian, only the Anuna gods who were deities of the Underworld. Nor is there any such planet as Nibiru, but Nibru/Nibiru IS another name for the city of Nippur in Iraq.

cormac

#1871    lyoung1101

lyoung1101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 01 March 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

The only think Sitchin is right about is in confirming the old saying "There's a sucker born every minute". There's no such thing as "Anunnaki" in Sumerian, only the Anuna gods who were deities of the Underworld. Nor is there any such planet as Nibiru, but Nibru/Nibiru IS another name for the city of Nippur in Iraq.

cormac

If you were living around 1514 this is what you would've said about Nicolaus Copernicus and his Heliocentrism theory:

"The only thing Copernicus is right about is in confirming the old saying "There's a sucker born every mintue". There's no such thing as Heliocentrism. Dugh the Sun revolves around the Earth! I laugh at this idiot! ahahahahahaha!"

You are going to be on the wrong end of this coming paradigm shift my friend.

Edited by lyoung1101, 01 March 2012 - 05:44 AM.

I'm exhausted

#1872    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

In other words, you've got nothing but a desire to believe in a charlatan like Zecharia Sitchin. Sorry to hear that. Actual experts in the language of ancient Sumer have shown he didn't know what he was talking about. You can even search the following site and see that there is nothing to substantiate any of his claims concerning Sumerian texts:

The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (ETCSL)

cormac

#1873    XxAkaShikxX

XxAkaShikxX

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

"Ancient Aliens"=Fallen Angels (demons). They are extra-dimensional beings, not extra-terrestrial. I don't want to get into a spiritual debate, but all I can say is that they were never here to help us. I believe they are going to come back. Actually I believe they are here now, but there's going to be a time when everyone will know they are here and the skeptics are proven wrong.

I'm sure you ancient alien enthusiasts are aware of Genesis 6 "...and also after that." Well as in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of His second coming. They are here to DECEIVE us not to enlighten us. This is Satan's ultimate goal of deception to get people to believe they themselves are gods, and that Jesus Christ was no more than an enlightened being or a damned alien from another planet. I'm no saint, I'm no Bible thumper, I do my research, I have faith, I make educated guesses, I could be totally wrong. I know faith has no basis in fact, but if we are around when this happens, just be aware, be skeptical, don't believe everything anyone tells you. Don't believe what I tell you. Do your own research. Rely on your gut feeling.

#1874    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,539 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postlyoung1101, on 01 March 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

If you were living around 1514 this is what you would've said about Nicolaus Copernicus and his Heliocentrism theory:

"The only thing Copernicus is right about is in confirming the old saying "There's a sucker born every mintue". There's no such thing as Heliocentrism. Dugh the Sun revolves around the Earth! I laugh at this idiot! ahahahahahaha!"

You are going to be on the wrong end of this coming paradigm shift my friend.

The difference between the sixteenth century and now is, we have modern science and the benefit of centuries of legitimate historical exploration and research.

Sitchin was an entertainer with a talent for writing and a knack for skewing evidence and misrepresenting history to suit his own agenda. Whether he actually believed the twaddle he wrote is anyone's guess, but he for sure made a decent living off it.

That Sitchin was wrong is beyond dispute. The average college freshman is probably suitably equipped to slash Sitchin's arguments to pieces. These arguments are comically transparent and flawed, on every level. The only paradigm shift that I've seen is how thinking and reasoning adults have abandoned basic logic and science, turned away from fundamental reality, and flung themselves at known charlatans like Sitchin and von Däniken. To me this is not only sad, it's disturbing.

But if you prefer your snake oil, I suppose that's your business. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1875    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,539 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Rather than our just slinging slights at each other, lyoung1101, how about you present one of Sitchin's arguments that you personally find compelling. We can then present our own counter-argument, and we'll see from there who stands out the strongest. Cormac has already tried this a couple of times and I've yet to see you respond, so I don't know how well this might work.

Then again, this is something I've tried many, many times. The Sitchin pom-pom wavers are quick to stick up for him but are almost never willing to defend the specific points of his arguments, in the face of scrutiny. They toss out words like "paradigm shift" and other examples of the Woo Woo Credo (see #11) but never seem to be willing to apply an actual defense of position.

This is probably why I'm over-reatcing right now, and am being too negative. I'm just so tired of it. But by all means, lyoung1101, prove me wrong. You can be the one. Maybe we can start an actually useful debate. :tu:

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users