Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tourist Breaks Priceless 14th Century Statue

finger statue museum

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,236 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 August 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

The good news is that the broken hand was not part of the original statue and had been restored years earlier.
Wow...that reminds me of THE NECKLACE by Guy De Maupassant.  All that fuss and bother over a "fake".

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

yeah some people dont think some times, it facinates me how simple the human race can be

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#18    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostMichelle, on 07 August 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

The good news is that the broken hand was not part of the original statue and had been restored years earlier.
I was wondering why there was a reinforcing rod sticking out. Didn't seem like standard Renaissance practice.

#19    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postcalaf, on 07 August 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I was wondering why there was a reinforcing rod sticking out. Didn't seem like standard Renaissance practice.
indeed

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#20    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,612 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postkannin, on 07 August 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

yeah some people dont think some times, it facinates me how simple the human race can be

wuduya mean?          But that is good news for the guy that the finger was not original ...  takes a little heat off him  .   I wonder what happened to the original hand ¿      Someone find out and get back to us on that.       [lol]

Edited by lightly, 08 August 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#21    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,560 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Regardless of the authenticity one simply shouldn't touch stuff that doesn't belong to them. My Mom taught me this when I was 4 or 5 years old for goodness sakes.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#22    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,149 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

I touched the Rosetta Stone when the guard was napping near by... LOL .. the next time I saw it several years later it was under Plexiglas. LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Also tagged with finger, statue, museum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users