Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was this an attempt at possessing my body?

Nyx83

This is going to be really long so please forgive me,but i wanted to put as much info here that i could think of,in order for you guys to be able to know pretty much what's going on here. Thank you all in advance.

I want to get other people's ideas on this. It happened about 2 years ago. But first i need to tell ya'll that this house is very old and is definately haunted.Doors that are dead bolted have opened in front of us,when i slammed the attic door the first time i could hear the creaking of the steps as 'it' turned around and went back up them!.

I've seen a cup pick its self up and 'walk' around the edge of the dish drainer about 2 or 3 inches above it.It was wobbly but it went around one side and the end of the drainer then sat it's self down in the dish drainer again.

Plus all sorts of other things.I mean there are so many!.I'm not feeling scared of it like it's evil but of course i was scared in the sense that this is not normal. I have sort of gotten to the point that i try to ignore it as much as i can. It's never hurt me although i did feel the feeling of someone running their fingers along my thigh while sleeping,it woke me up but i was alone. And the room-mate is an elderly man so it wasn't him. It wasn't my imagination either. This happened back around the time of the ocurrence that i'm asking ya'll about.

I was standing in the dining room and was facing towards the living room where the room-mate was sitting.I was getting ready to go shopping and looking in my purse for some thing. And then i was suddenly getting the feeling of dread and the feeling of some thing coming towards me from the back and about that time i felt like something had ran right through me..i really can't think of a good description.

It was just a feeling of impending doom,dread and the knowledge that some thing was behind coming fast then the slamming feeling of being hit that something had ran through me.

That's really all i can describe it as.It was all very very fast. About 3or 5 seconds i'm talking FAST!!. Then it was over and i was left standing there with the feeling of WTF!? and a drained,numb feeling. The room-mate is as i said old, he's going to be 90 this year.And he's very Catholic and refuses to believe in ghosts even though he's seen stuff to..right in front of me and he refuses to believe.Back to this though....he had a horrified look on his face and was asking me "are you okay", "are you okay,are you sure".

He asked it several times and all i could do is say "umm yeah,yes i'm okay" I was so freaked out and so drained i didn't even want to acknowledge it,what ever 'it' was. He to this day refuses to tell what he saw. That is the only time i was truley fearful of this house and what ever's in it.

I have 2 cats and they seem okay.They are healthy and unafraid of it.But the oldest one (2 years) will go and sit in the hall and just stare into the bathroom at times. My 5 month old kitten that i took in at 2 weeks old is okay and healthy as well. But since he was tiny i have carried him in a sort of sling type thing that lets him stay close to my chest and is secure enough to allow me to do dishes and what ever,but when i take him to with me to use the bathroom he will after a few seconds start whining and will actually try to bury himself deeper into the sling and he will continue until i leave that room.

Edited by Nyx83
  • Like 1

This is going to be really long so please forgive me,but i wanted to put as much info here that i could think of,in order for you guys to be able to know pretty much what's going on here. Thank you all in advance.

I want to get other people's ideas on this. It happened about 2 years ago. But first i need to tell ya'll that this house is very old and is definately haunted.Doors that are dead bolted have opened in front of us,when i slammed the attic door the first time i could hear the creaking of the steps as 'it' turned around and went back up them!.

I've seen a cup pick its self up and 'walk' around the edge of the dish drainer about 2 or 3 inches above it.It was wobbly but it went around one side and the end of the drainer then sat it's self down in the dish drainer again.

Plus all sorts of other things.I mean there are so many!.I'm not feeling scared of it like it's evil but of course i was scared in the sense that this is not normal. I have sort of gotten to the point that i try to ignore it as much as i can. It's never hurt me although i did feel the feeling of someone running their fingers along my thigh while sleeping,it woke me up but i was alone. And the room-mate is an elderly man so it wasn't him. It wasn't my imagination either. This happened back around the time of the ocurrence that i'm asking ya'll about.

I was standing in the dining room and was facing towards the living room where the room-mate was sitting.I was getting ready to go shopping and looking in my purse for some thing. And then i was suddenly getting teh feeling of dread and the feeling of some thing coming towards me from the back and about that time i felt like something had ran right through me..i really can't think of a good description.

It was just a feeling of impending doom,dread and the knowledge that some thing was behind coming fast then the slamming feeling of being hit that something had ran through me.

That's really all i can describe it as.It was all very very fast. About 3or 5 seconds i'm talking FAST!!. Then it was over and i was left standing there lfeeling like what the feeling of WTF!? and a drained,numb feeling. The room-mate is as i said old he's going to be 90 this year.And he's very Catholic and refuses to believe in ghosts even though he's seen stuff to..right in front of me and he refuses to believe.Back to this though....he had a horrified look on his face and was asking me "are you okay", "are you okay,are you sure".

He asked it several times and all i could do is say "umm yeah,yes i'm okay" I was so freaked out and so drained i didn't even want to acknowledge it,what ever 'it' was. He to this day refuses to tell what he saw. That is the only time i was truley fearful of this house and what ever's in it.

I have 2 cats and they seem okay.They are healthy and unafraid of it.But the oldest one (2 years) will go and sit in the hall and just stare into the bathroom at times. My 5 month old kitten that i took in at 2 weeks old is okay and healthy as well. But since he was tiny i have carried him in a sort of sling type thing that lets him stay close to my chest and is secure enough to allow me to do dishes and what ever,but when i take him to with me to use the bathroom he will after a few seconds start whining and will actually try to bury himself deeper into the sling and he will continue until i leave that room.

I don't know, But I can tell you I've had that exact same feeling you described, And It wasn't nice, It was when I was at work alone one night in the holidays (I work at a residential college for people with special needs, Its an old place and used to be a hospital for soldiers injured in WW1), As I said, I was working alone one night in the holidays and that exact same feeling you described came over me, To the extent I was practically paralysed with fear for about 15 minutes, Not a nice feeling and one I don't ever want to experience again, I'm a pretty level headed person and will look for the rational explanation before I jump to a ghostly conclusion, But when somebody else from work described the exact same thing I experienced happening to them, I crapped a brick, I've experienced other things at work too, But nothing as bad as that, It really was the most horrible experience ever. I still don't have an explanation for what was really going on,But it wasn't my imagination.

Edited by CatFromHell
  • Like 2

Had exactly the same sensation in the basement area of my former business premises, very disconcerting, It completely envelops you. Whatever I experienced did not come through me but stayed directly behind me and I experienced a sense of fear and foreboding that I had never felt before or since. .Other things had happened, but nothing prepared me for this. I simply had to get out of there and I was too afraid to look behind me to see what it was and made my exit from the basement, looking at the floor the whole way to the stairs so I hopefully didn't see what it was, that is, of course, if it was visible. I certainly would not like to experience it again. Horrible feeling, completely unexpected and unexplainable. I certainly did not imagine it as I was just going about doing my work as I had done for many years prior to what happened and I was not thinking about anything that could have caused me to have any kind of negative emotional feelings.

Nyx83: Interesting about the cats, we had a shop cat that used to sit in the basement and stare at a blank wall for ages but he never showed any fear when he was in that area.

• Like 2

Had exactly the same sensation in the basement area of my former business premises, very disconcerting, It completely envelops you. Whatever I experienced did not come through me but stayed directly behind me and I experienced a sense of fear and foreboding that I had never felt before or since. .Other things had happened, but nothing prepared me for this. I simply had to get out of there and I was too afraid to look behind me to see what it was and made my exit from the basement, looking at the floor the whole way to the stairs so I hopefully didn't see what it was, that is, of course, if it was visible. I certainly would not like to experience it again. Horrible feeling, completely unexpected and unexplainable. I certainly did not imagine it as I was just going about doing my work as I had done for many years prior to what happened and I was not thinking about anything that could have caused me to have any kind of negative emotional feelings.

Nyx83: Interesting about the cats, we had a shop cat that used to sit in the basement and stare at a blank wall for ages but he never showed any fear when he was in that area.

Glad I'm not the only one! Did you ever experience it again, Or did any colleagues say they experienced anything similar?

• Like 1

CatFromHell: no just the once in that frightening format although it was always there. Work colleagues experienced cold spots and items being moved from where they had been left but nothing nasty. I was told years later by a friend who has remarkable psychic abilities that the entity, or whatever you want to call it, came to accept me and left me alone as I knew it was there and accepted it's right to be there. We basically co-existed for another 20 odd years together!

• Like 2

I don't know, But I can tell you I've had that exact same feeling you described, And It wasn't nice, It was when I was at work alone one night in the holidays (I work at a residential college for people with special needs, Its an old place and used to be a hospital for soldiers injured in WW1), As I said, I was working alone one night in the holidays and that exact same feeling you described came over me, To the extent I was practically paralysed with fear for about 15 minutes, Not a nice feeling and one I don't ever want to experience again, I'm a pretty level headed person and will look for the rational explanation before I jump to a ghostly conclusion, But when somebody else from work described the exact same thing I experienced happening to them, I crapped a brick, I've experienced other things at work too, But nothing as bad as that, It really was the most horrible experience ever. I still don't have an explanation for what was really going on,But it wasn't my imagination.

Thank you for responding,i agree it's not a nice feeling!.You imo had a encounter with a ghost or something like me. I've had panic attacks before but they don't feel like that.So supernatural has to be it.Demons from what i've read 'just do it' and probably would not fail. In all the time i've been here (6 yrs.) that feeling never happened before or after.

yeah,animals can see those things. i believe there's several or more here.one not so nice,but it is held back *i hope* by my crystals and sage,etc. Edited by Nyx83

yeah,animals can see those things. i believe there's several or more here.one not so nice,but it is held back *i hope* by my crystals and sage,etc.

Yes, in my experience if you have one there are usually a few more that come in with it. Can be rather disconcerting.to say the least!

• Like 1

Hi, having dealt with numerous possessions and helping with a number of exorcisms, your story doesn't specifically sound like an attempted possession. However it does sound like there is something in your home (clearly) and possibly living in your bathroom. I have a few tests you could use to see if you're possessed or to clear out the home. As easy as playing a few audio files. Let me know.

• Like 1

yeah,animals can see those things. i believe there's several or more here.one not so nice,but it is held back *i hope* by my crystals and sage,etc.

Really? And how do the animals distinguish the demons/ghosts from the humans and why would their behaviour towards them be any different? What tests have you conducted to conclude your results?

Really? And how do the animals distinguish the demons/ghosts from the humans and why would their behaviour towards them be any different? What tests have you conducted to conclude your results?

Apparently you didn't read my text in my avatar area. I have no need to convince you since it seems your sole intentions here are to aggravate and cause arguments among members. Now I'm off to block you.

Actually, what you experienced was quite normal in a paranormal way. You are what I call a "sensitive". I am fifty years old and have had the same sort of experiences for as long as I can remember. Some will say that these things are everything from alien activity, ghosts, demons, leftover energy, what have you. I don't know what causes these phenomena and I really don't think anyone else knows exactly why they happen either.

I experienced what I call a "walk through" just last week. Something either walked through me, or I it. I believe that there are many dimensions layered on top of each other, I possibly walked through someone else who was occupying the same space, but in a different dimension. But again, I don't know for certain. I know that when it happens I become ice cold, feel a slight sense of panic and have a creep factor of 100.

Is it an attempt at trying to possess you? Probably not. If it ever feels threatening or negative I have found that burning sage in your home and asking whatever it is to leave you alone works most of the time.

Cats are rather flighty creatures, we joke that one of my cats sees dead people. She will randomly stare into space intently, then go back about her kitty business. I dont attribute that to paranormal activity though.