Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#256    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,710 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postjoc, on 20 November 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

I second that.  Just because someone has a liberal perspective and a belief system that is...uh...different (  :)  )...doesn't make one anti-American...and...Questionmark does present arguments that are based in truth...possibly from a parallel universe...but nonetheless he is not a liar...and name calling like that is just so...well...apart from being against the forum rules...it's just kind of vulgar...now...if I call Obama an out and out liar...which I believe he is...that is kind of different...but when you are calling a classmate, or teammate, or fellow forum member names like that...tsk, tsk... :no:

Joc-- to call Obama an out and out liar is your opinion, in order to establish your argument; otherwise, you will have to evidence your claim with facts.  But-- you are certainly entitled/free to hold a belief that he is.(Yay--1st Amendment!) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, nonetheless..

Edited by Sherapy, 22 November 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#257    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostSherapy, on 22 November 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Joc-- to call Obama an out and out liar is your opinion, in order to establish your argument; otherwise, you will have to evidence your claim with facts.  But-- you are certainly entitled/free to hold a belief that he is.(Yay--1st Amendment!) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, nonetheless..
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :) :wub:
Obama lied about Single Payer.
Obama lied about Bengazi.
Obama lied about Fast and Furious.
He lied about Reverend Wright.
He lied about Bill Ayers.
He lied about creating jobs.
He cannot tell the truth about anything that has to do with any part of his real agenda because if he did he would never have gotten elected in the first place.

But that is neither here nor there...the point was...that calling other people on the forum 'liars' is unacceptable.  
And I can back up to the hilt everything I mentioned about The Bama....but I'm not going to right now because I am tired and it is Holiday time.....

.....Have a Marvy One!
btw...if you ever can break through the iron curtain of California...you might want to consider joining The United States of Texas.
I however, am going to talk to some people about annexing certain parts of California...well...one certain part...okay, San Diego...so, we'll see how that goes. :gun:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#258    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View Postjoc, on 22 November 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :) :wub:
Obama lied about Single Payer.
Obama lied about Bengazi.
Obama lied about Fast and Furious.
He lied about Reverend Wright.
He lied about Bill Ayers.
He lied about creating jobs.
He cannot tell the truth about anything that has to do with any part of his real agenda because if he did he would never have gotten elected in the first place.

But that is neither here nor there...the point was...that calling other people on the forum 'liars' is unacceptable.  
And I can back up to the hilt everything I mentioned about The Bama....but I'm not going to right now because I am tired and it is Holiday time.....

.....Have a Marvy One!
btw...if you ever can break through the iron curtain of California...you might want to consider joining The United States of Texas.
I however, am going to talk to some people about annexing certain parts of California...well...one certain part...okay, San Diego...so, we'll see how that goes. :gun:

And you can give us some quotations to those lies?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#259    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,255 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Postjoc, on 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.
surely that's only sensible, since they have more money than poor people.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#260    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Obama has only four years left.
No need for Texas to go psycho, if Obama is their concern.

#261    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,255 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

View Postpallidin, on 22 November 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Obama has only four years left.
No need for Texas to go psycho, if Obama is their concern.
that's the thing. It seems a bit, well, Drama queen, to stomp off from the entire United States just because their preferred choice of president wasn't elected. Unless they really think, like some of the more Paranoid do, that Obama will sign legislation to make himself Dictator for Life (twirls moustache).

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#262    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,751 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

and some hypothetical dictator-for-life would let Texas seceed? or stay independent?

#263    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 22 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

and some hypothetical dictator-for-life would let Texas seceed? or stay independent?

You always have to have present that future for most Americans is the next payday, many don't think past that.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#264    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

And you can give us some quotations to those lies?

Here are a few:

LINK

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration,” the president said.
In actuality, the Fast and Furious program was started in October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency.

LINK
Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years...has a long history of ..."inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."
In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

LINK
Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC.

If anyone is interested in actually seeing ALL of the lies Obama has told, you can do what I did and just google Obama Lies...or just go to this LINK.

Edited by joc, 22 November 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#265    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postjoc, on 22 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Here are a few:

LINK

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration,” the president said.
In actuality, the Fast and Furious program was started in October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency.

LINK
Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years...has a long history of ..."inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."
In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

LINK
Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC.

If anyone is interested in actually seeing ALL of the lies Obama has told, you can do what I did and just google Obama Lies...or just go to this LINK.

A lie is something you have told intentionally, so link?

about me

#266    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

He knew his affiliation with Bill Ayers was more than just 'some guy in the neighborhood'...that was an intentional lie.

He knew that the Bengazi attacks were not because of an obscure youtube video...hi intentionally lied about that for almost two weeks.

He knew Fast and Furious wasn't started under Bush...he intentionally lied about that.

He knew ObamaCare was destined to become Single Payer...he has always been a proponent of Single Payer..so when he says that he isn't and that Single Payer isn't right for America...he is intentionally lying about that.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#267    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,255 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

it's called "Being economical with the truth" in Politician-speak.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#268    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,615 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

People are still laughing at the idea of Texas seceding.

Posted Image

I'd say that makes it pretty feasible. ^

If Vatican City can operate independently, so can Texas.

Considering Texas once was a country from 1836-1846, I'd say it's not impossible.

And that was before modernization..

Edited by Drayno, 24 November 2012 - 10:08 PM.

"A belief is like a guillotine, just as heavy, just as light." - Franz Kafka

#269    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostDrayno, on 24 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

People are still laughing at the idea of Texas seceding.

Posted Image

I'd say that makes it pretty feasible. ^

If Vatican City can operate independently, so can Texas.

Considering Texas once was a country from 1836-1846, I'd say it's not impossible.

And that was before modernization..

As long as 1/3 of it does not resemble Germany in productivity and industrialization my bet would be that it has a chance to become a country slightly more prosperous than Mexico.

about me

#270    Gromdor

Gromdor

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Texas has a GDP of $1,307,432,000,000. Mexico has  $1,032,224,000,000.  So if Texas were to cede it would be the 13th richest country in the world.  Assuming of course that it's economy doesn't change from the secession, Texas probably could successfully form it's own country.  Of course Texas leaving with its 34 red electoral votes would pretty much guarantee the end of the Republican Party in the greater United States.  Which to me would be ironic considering the first republican president, Lincoln, fought the civil war to preserve the Union.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users