Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best Evidence - Top 10 UFO Cases

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

As for the Nuremberg wood carving from 1561, I have no explanation for that one.  Never have.  Ditto for the Skylab UFO in 1973, an 800-foot UFO that was 20-30 miles away.  I regard that as a good UFO case.  I do agree that the astronauts were always the cream of the crop, the "best of the best", and that if they saw UFOs out there then they were real.

I think the witnesses were telling the truth about Malmstrom in 1967, and the ravings of James Carlson never convinced me otherwise.  Not at all, in fact.  There have been other instances of UFO interference with missiles over the years.  

Shag Harbor is one of the best UFO cases of all time, and better-documented than most, although we still don't have the complete record of what the divers saw down there.  That's the point where the screen usually gets put up, at the moment they get really close to the ETs or whatever they are.

From history, I know that the treatment of "primitives in the neighborhood" has never been very good, to put it mildly, and that some empires will attempt to control them or feel they have some kind of mission to "civilize' them.

#3    johnk81

johnk81

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

• Reporting live

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Great post,

Very compelling evidence especially the texas sighting by the USAF with the signal coming from the the UFO.

Raises all the right questions for me!

Posted Image

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

excellent post!! Was it just me or did the female narrating sound sexy as hell

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 24 September 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

excellent post!! Was it just me or did the female narrating sound sexy as hell

That was pretty much all I got from that clip aswell. The rest was just the same ol same.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

• Great video thanks. For posting

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostHazzard, on 24 September 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

That was pretty much all I got from that clip aswell. The rest was just the same ol same.

Yeah because it's usually not a female voice narrating, I liked it

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Real good video, and liked the female narration as well...

I wish we could harnass that underwater technology so that we humans could finally explore the biggest mystery of our own planet.  The depths...

There has got to be a way to reduce friction underwater and achieve better speed and depths.  At the rate we are going it would take a Thousand years to map and cover all the deep water in the world, salt and fresh.
* NOTE - that's my own exaggeration of time but it seems like progress there is slow and at the low end of dollars going into it.

Just my 2cents

#9    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,799 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 September 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

As for the Nuremberg wood carving from 1561, I have no explanation for that one.  Never have.  Ditto for the Skylab UFO in 1973, an 800-foot UFO that was 20-30 miles away.  I regard that as a good UFO case.  I do agree that the astronauts were always the cream of the crop, the "best of the best", and that if they saw UFOs out there then they were real.

How did the astronauts measure the distance as 20-30 miles?

Can any case be 'good' if nobody but believers gets to comment on it?

#10    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,799 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I always found it curious that the lines-of-sight to the Trent/McMinnville object crossed beneath an overhead power line that was usually conveniently cropped out of most published versions of the photos, and one other photo on the same roll had one of the Trent kids standing by a stepladder in the yard with a mischievous grin on his face. I'd bet not 1 UFO buff in 1,000,000 has ever seen -- or been shown -- THAT photo. Anybody hereabouts?

#11    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

How did the astronauts measure the distance as 20-30 miles?

Can any case be 'good' if nobody but believers gets to comment on it?
I saw how this was done.  Sorry I don't have the source link anymore.
If I recall, the astronauts noted the object was travelling the same speed as they were.  As they orbited they measured the time it passed into Earth's shadow (or out of, can't recall which) then noted how long before they passed into (or out of) the shadow.  Knowing their orbital speed, they then calculated the approximate distance to the object.  Using that distance and the angular distance from one end of the object to the other, they could calculate the length of the UFO.
It was something like that.  The method and math used were very understandable.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#12    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I always found it curious that the lines-of-sight to the Trent/McMinnville object crossed beneath an overhead power line that was usually conveniently cropped out of most published versions of the photos, and one other photo on the same roll had one of the Trent kids standing by a stepladder in the yard with a mischievous grin on his face. I'd bet not 1 UFO buff in 1,000,000 has ever seen -- or been shown -- THAT photo. Anybody hereabouts?

The pic of the kid on a ladder has been shown around here a few times. Dismissed by those that believe the UFO angle, as usual of course. Too much for just a coincidence in my opinion.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#13    WGH

WGH

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 361 posts

• Today is tomorrows yesterday, and yesterdays tomorrow.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostJohn Rayne, on 01 October 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

There has got to be a way to reduce friction underwater and achieve better speed and depths.
Just my 2cents

I thought this was acheived by heating the outer shell of an abject so that it boils the water around it creating air bubbles. That way its like passing through air instead of water. As for depths thats a different matter.

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,720 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

ITs good to have questions,and answers,the Trick is Getting the Facts . That would answer a lot of these cases. Too many loose ends. :tu:
Great commits Jim !

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,133 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Caught you on NASA's Unexplained Files.  Pretty cool.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users