Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alternate Memories

nivak

Do you have any alternate memory that mismatch the current timestream? I have a lot of them. Most of my alternate memories are related to the death of famous people who later I found out they were alive.

Though, I am not sure if it's a matter of a mistake or bad memory regarding some of these deaths. But I have a few memories which are very vivid, and I am sure there is something very strange going on. The most vivid alternate memory I have is the death of Billy Graham. I remember clearly when he passed away. I watched on CNN his funeral, they were making a big deal of his death. I remember each detail of that funeral. Bush, Obama and his wife attended his funeral and lot of other famous people. I also watched an interview with his son as his son mourned his death. I remember my grandmother crying as she was very upset about his death. She said he was a truly a man of God and she would miss him. Then, a few years later, I found out he is still alive and I almost had an attack. I also vividly remember a lot of other people dying "before" like Shirley Temple, Ernest Borngine, Abe Vigoda, Kirk Douglas and Lindsay Lohan.

So, I was wondering if I am the only one with these alternate memories, or anybody here has also had this experience before?

What the hell is it? Memory issues? Reality shift? Conspiracy?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myles

• all16universes

• Skep B

• nivak

Top Posters In This Topic

I experienced this once as a child. I must have been 6 or 7 at the time. I was watching a movie at home with my family. I remember saying "oh I remember watching this movie", and my parents said "that's impossible, it just came out". I was disregarded because I was a child but I vividly remember seeing this movie. I was just a kid so I didn't think much of it. As I got older I just assumed I dreamt that I saw it, and that it was more of a deja vu kind of thing.

Nowadays I've noticed interesting memory phenomena while lucid dreaming. Often during lucid dreams I'll suddenly have a flood of memories that aren't from waking reality. When I wake up I'm totally disoriented and question if I have suppressed memories or if I'm experiencing some memory lapse. It's as if memories are suddenly interjected into my awareness. I question if they have actually happened because they feel equal to a normal memory. The only way I can distinguish them apart is if I carefully backtrack my timeline throughout life.

This isn't necessarily what you're experiencing but I think I can relate. Perhaps your memories of these people dying stem from vivid dreams that have forgotten? The memory gets stored the same if I'm not mistaken. So instead of processing it as a dream it was processed as a memory.

Just my two cents.

Edited by all16universes

I think it is a case of similar memories being confused.

Memories are strange. We are bombarded by millions of bits of data in the course of a day, and as amazing as the human brain is, it doesn't keep perfect record of everything.

So everyone's memories get jumbled here and there sometimes, it's extremely common