Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I am contemplating becoming a mason.

White Crane Feather

So I am a leader in my community, I own a business that puts me in a highy respect leadership position. I have been feeling a little... Well lonely lately. I want to be apart of something that shares my passion for personal development, has people that i can look up to and aspire Towords.... I miss that. The masons seem like a good fit.

Any masons here that might chime in?

Seekr,

A friend of mines Uncle was a freemason.He talked very highly of him, and said he loved it....I thought you had to be " invited " into it?

And to those wondering, nothing involving secret societies, as Seeker says, he wants to help the community, and they do that.

FWIW, I know how you feel, I kind of miss the comradere I had when I was in the Boys' Brigade. But Sakari's right, you need to be invited and then vetted.

Not a Mason, but the father of a good friend was a Mason before he passed on and she thinks very highly of his understanding of life, our place in the scheme of things et al.

She is also a fellow gnostic and her father's life teachings to her parallel the understanding we have of life through gnosis.

It is an opportunity for gaining information, always a good thing, and as it welcomes all denominations I think it is a great opportunity to understand wisdom in a broad sense through understanding the wisdom teachings of other denominations and cultures.

Edit to add: perhaps you do need to be invited but I don't see what harm it would do to ask them how one might come to be invited ....

Edited by libstaK

My father was a mason for about 30 years and loved the community service aspect of it as well as the fellowship. Good luck if you join.

Edit to add: perhaps you do need to be invited but I don't see what harm it would do to ask them how one might come to be invited ....

Never know till you try.... :tu:

• Like 1

has people that i can look up to and aspire Towords

Be careful buddy.

You don't need to draw that kind of thing from the external when you are capable of going within, which you are.

Before you do anything, question what is making you feel this.

• Like 7

Never know till you try.... :tu:

Seekr,

A friend of mines Uncle was a freemason.He talked very highly of him, and said he loved it....I thought you had to be " invited " into it?

And to those wondering, nothing involving secret societies, as Seeker says, he wants to help the community, and they do that.

My step dad was a mason, from the type of lodge he was a part of, it was like you said. Pretty much a way of loads of business men to help each other out and an excuse to go out for a meal and have good drink. However I have heard of bad lodges, that are rather corrupt. Especially with power etc. Even heard some pretty nasty things towards 1 lodge. I won't say who or where as it's not my place and don't 100% know the truth. I do know the wives at that lodge where treated like they are not equals and the wives suspected there was "rituals" taking place which involved homosexual practices and young boys as well. (not saying there is anything wrong with being gay, but using it for rituals is weird when you are a married man and well young boys is just sick and twisted)

Also yes you have to be invited.

Be careful buddy.

You don't need to draw that kind of thing from the external when you are capable of going within, which you are.

Before you do anything, question what is making you feel this.

Good advice. :tu:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Extending on what Coffey says, a lot is coming out in the UK about ritualistic stuff involving children, not all lodges, but some have a lot to answer for...and heck if you really want to know more go research Jimmy Saville. It is just not true to say that there is no connection to secret societies etc.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

Extending on what Coffey says, a lot is coming out in the UK about ritualistic stuff involving children, not all lodges, but some have a lot to answer for...and heck if you really want to know more go research Jimmy Saville. It is just not true to say that there is no connection to secret societies etc.

Was Jimmy Saville a mason? The only things I found that tries to answer that question comes from forums like Stormfront, Above Top Secret and David Icke. I'd rather have it come from a more mainstream source before reaching any conclusions.

If you are wanting to help your community why not do some volunteer work at your local hospital or charity. I'm not a club joiner myself and will not take any oath that puts them before my family or country but I will volunteer my time.

Was Jimmy Saville a mason? The only things I found that tries to answer that question comes from forums like Stormfront, Above Top Secret and David Icke. I'd rather have it come from a more mainstream source before reaching any conclusions.

Yeah fair enough, i wasn't calling JS anything btw I was just saying do the research and connect the dots. Someone acting on this scale for so long ( decades ) who had involvements with networks of people who knew and facilitated it as well helped to keep it secret. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been reported in the media about it. But with everything coming out in the UK about his dealings and connections, and yes with 300 alleged child abuse cases reported, which are being investigated and several celebrities and what not interviewed by the police. As well the BBC being swayed to do their own enquiries for why something like this went on so long, and kept a secret.

• Like 1

Yeah fair enough, i wasn't calling JS anything btw I was just saying do the research and connect the dots. Someone acting on this scale for so long ( decades ) who had involvements with networks of people who knew and facilitated it as well helped to keep it secret. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been reported in the media about it. But with everything coming out in the UK about his dealings and connections, and yes with 300 alleged child abuse cases reported, which are being investigated and several celebrities and what not interviewed by the police. As well the BBC being swayed to do their own enquiries for why something like this went on so long, and kept a secret.

Catholic church, boy scouts, etc. I appreciate your points. I just find them off topic. :)

Fair enough, however it wasn't the bulk of my contribution anyway and the bulk of what i did post is ontopic. I still want to hear why Seeker is contemplating what he is.

I still want to hear why Seeker is contemplating what he is.

"What he is..." You do mean 'why he is' contemplating becoming a mason?

I find this interesting because the two people I know who are Masons are women. They were family Masons who were raised in it and considered it their "faith". One woman I know went to Mason gatherings in other countries (like exchange students) and was very involved in it. I wonder if it was a different organization.

See what you started Seeker :)

As for rituals, especially regarding children, that is a pretty big accusation to make from anyone....Any investigations involved in this, or just rumors?

I would think at least 1 or 2 of the kids would have pressed charges......

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE MASONS?

The person who wants to join Freemasonry must be a man (it's a fraternity), sound in body and mind, who believes in God, is at least the minimum age required by Masonry in his state, and has a good reputation. (Incidentally, the "sound in body" requirement -- which comes from the stonemasons of the Middle Ages -- doesn't mean that a physically challenged man cannot be a Mason; many are).

Those are the only "formal" requirements. But there are others, not so formal. He should believe in helping others. He should believe there is more to life than pleasure and money. He should be willing to respect the opinions of others. And he should want to grow and develop as a human being.

HOW DOES A MAN BECOME A FREEMASON?

Some men are surprised that no one has ever asked them to become a Mason. They may even feel that the Masons in their town don't think they are "good enough" to join. But it doesn't work that way. For hundreds of years, Masons have been forbidden to ask others to join the fraternity. We can talk to friends about Freemasonry. We can tell them about what Freemasonry does. We can tell them why we enjoy it. But we can't ask, much less pressure, anyone to join.

There's a good reason for that. It isn't that we're trying to be exclusive. But becoming a Mason is a very serious thing. Joining Freemasonry is making a permanent life commitment to live in certain ways. We've listed most of them above -- to live with honor and integrity, to be willing to share with and care about others, to trust each other, and to place ultimate trust in God. No one should be "talked into" making such a decision.

So, when a man decides he wants to be a Freemasonry Mason, he asks a Mason for a petition or application. He fills it out and gives it to the Mason, and that Mason takes it to the local lodge. The Master of the lodge will appoint a committee to visit with the man and his family, find out a little about him and why he wants to become a member of the Masons, tell him and his family about Freeasonry, and answer their questions. The committee reports to the lodge, and the lodge votes on the petition. If the vote is affirmative -- and it usually is -- the lodge will contact the man to set the date for the Entered Apprentice Degree. When the person has completed all three degrees, he is a Master Mason and a full member of the Freemasonry fraternity.

This is the truth about joining Freemasonry, you have to ask which leads to a petition and inspection if you are of dubious character or committed crimes or various immoralities, when it comes to the vote, you will be "black balled". Its all about growing each brother spiritually to wisdom and to do charity to serve God and make the world a better place.

Unfortunately, there are even a few evil secret societies interacting hiddenly within some lodges. These are NOT the Freemasons when you hear the evil horror stories, any more than Satanists practicing a black mass means all Catholics practicing a mass are just practicing another form of Satanism or that all priests are gay and pediphiles! The rites they do may be similar in some aspects but are in total opposition to the original rites of tradition.

There is good and evil throughout the whole world and in every society. Please don't judge the whole of the traditions by the perverted few who call themselves Masons when they are not!

By the way, there are Masonic orders that include women. There is a lot of fellowship for all family members of the Masons, but even family members have to ask to join if they want to go through the degrees of instruction of what ever order they wish to be an initiate.

My grandfather was a mason.he also worked for the government part time.

But go for it masons are great.

I find this interesting because the two people I know who are Masons are women. They were family Masons who were raised in it and considered it their "faith". One woman I know went to Mason gatherings in other countries (like exchange students) and was very involved in it. I wonder if it was a different organization.

There are women in the masons,but its usually because a man in her family is a mason .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Eastern_Star

The women wear the star depicted here,usually in jewelry . Pins,necklaces,rings.

I have the ring . I just liked the design because it looks like a pentagram . My uncle was a mason ,so he got it for me.

As for the rest ,in the USA,now,most mason lodges are just a way for men to be involved with community ,and do social things together .

A few mason friends of mine,all belong to occupy wallstreet , and Anonymous ,at managerial levels . Oh yes .They fight the good fight .

Hi Simbi,

I have interest in the Order of the Eastern Star, Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt was a member, it is probable that the shape of the Pentagon comes from this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Eastern_Star

Under "History" you find that Queen Ester Chapter No.1 was established in Washington DC on 1st December 1874, Egyptian Sunrise day marker was chosen for as Sun rose at location, Sirius Isis star was setting in the West, astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3890&mode=view

The Pentagon had it's ground-breaking ceremony on 11th September 1941, i feel they used ancient Greek day marker on actual day, thus ceremony must have been after sunset, for as Sun set, Alnilam, Belt of Orion, and Osiris star was aligned to the NADIR, graph on link below:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3889&mode=view

Please note that masons are not the only ones to align Egyptian Stars, and not all of them do it.

• Like 1

See what you started Seeker :)

As for rituals, especially regarding children, that is a pretty big accusation to make from anyone....Any investigations involved in this, or just rumors?

I would think at least 1 or 2 of the kids would have pressed charges......

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE MASONS?

The person who wants to join Freemasonry must be a man (it's a fraternity), sound in body and mind, who believes in God, is at least the minimum age required by Masonry in his state, and has a good reputation. (Incidentally, the "sound in body" requirement -- which comes from the stonemasons of the Middle Ages -- doesn't mean that a physically challenged man cannot be a Mason; many are).

Those are the only "formal" requirements. But there are others, not so formal. He should believe in helping others. He should believe there is more to life than pleasure and money. He should be willing to respect the opinions of others. And he should want to grow and develop as a human being.

HOW DOES A MAN BECOME A FREEMASON?

Some men are surprised that no one has ever asked them to become a Mason. They may even feel that the Masons in their town don't think they are "good enough" to join. But it doesn't work that way. For hundreds of years, Masons have been forbidden to ask others to join the fraternity. We can talk to friends about Freemasonry. We can tell them about what Freemasonry does. We can tell them why we enjoy it. But we can't ask, much less pressure, anyone to join.

There's a good reason for that. It isn't that we're trying to be exclusive. But becoming a Mason is a very serious thing. Joining Freemasonry is making a permanent life commitment to live in certain ways. We've listed most of them above -- to live with honor and integrity, to be willing to share with and care about others, to trust each other, and to place ultimate trust in God. No one should be "talked into" making such a decision.

So, when a man decides he wants to be a Freemasonry Mason, he asks a Mason for a petition or application. He fills it out and gives it to the Mason, and that Mason takes it to the local lodge. The Master of the lodge will appoint a committee to visit with the man and his family, find out a little about him and why he wants to become a member of the Masons, tell him and his family about Freeasonry, and answer their questions. The committee reports to the lodge, and the lodge votes on the petition. If the vote is affirmative -- and it usually is -- the lodge will contact the man to set the date for the Entered Apprentice Degree. When the person has completed all three degrees, he is a Master Mason and a full member of the Freemasonry fraternity.

Firstly the Lodge I am talking about is in England. Completely different to the US. The Lodge my Step dad was part of is Scottish freemasons and they are different from the English and US ones.

I know all the info you posted.

My "accusations" are more than that they come from trustworthy sources and it's more than a little rumor.

Also there has been more than 1 case of Lodges being charged with pedophilia and **********. I read at least 4 cases yesterday that went public while trying to find info on the lodge I was talking about. One of which is a famous case in Wales. Where a 4 year old buy said he witnessed them digging up graves and killing infants in rituals. Obviously he was sexually abused. They where taking children from a famous bernardos orphanage in wales.

So yes that kind of thing does happen. It's not a conspiracy, it's a sad fact.

Firstly the Lodge I am talking about is in England. Completely different to the US. The Lodge my Step dad was part of is Scottish freemasons and they are different from the English and US ones.

I know all the info you posted.

My "accusations" are more than that they come from trustworthy sources and it's more than a little rumor.

Also there has been more than 1 case of Lodges being charged with pedophilia and **********. I read at least 4 cases yesterday that went public while trying to find info on the lodge I was talking about. One of which is a famous case in Wales. Where a 4 year old buy said he witnessed them digging up graves and killing infants in rituals. Obviously he was sexually abused. They where taking children from a famous bernardos orphanage in wales.

So yes that kind of thing does happen. It's not a conspiracy, it's a sad fact.

That is sad....Sounds different then in the US though......

You know, if you know about a child sex crime, or have any information on it, you should be contacting the Police......it would be the right thing to do. :tu: