Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UMers, Gender: Not Specified... Intuition.

Professor T

I'm not sure to be honest...

I think perhaps that some people may percieve male or female energy as intuition?

Let's call it sensory intuition or something to that effect. I think because of the yang energy you exude, even if it's subtle, effects the way you express yourself. Some men have very feminine energy, not gay or transgendered, just have yin energy and vice versa. I have met very feminine women that give off very yang/male energy that have female admirerers even though none considers themself gay or bisexual.

It can get confusing for those that are hung up on sexual identity.

I thought I read about a computer program that could detect whether the writer was male or female, based on language patterns alone.

That would be interesting to try. Do you remember where you saw this?

• Like 1

OK, so you've established that you are male........but are you human? :alien:

Does fiberglass skin itch? :P

:lol:

Doesn't itch.

But the chafing is something awefull..

• Like 1

:P I've been on vacation and it's a bit late now, but for some reason I always thought you were a guy. I must admit I have been wrong about a couple of the ladies that I thought were male. Even now that I know they are female I still think of them as male because of their responses about certain things. :blush:

:(

Sorry Michelle, but the excersise is closed now..

I suppose I could start another one.. err, circumsised or not? perhaps?.. but that would create havoc and get closed down.

Simbi is right, these type threads need to be PG13.

An internet search brought me here: http://www.hackerfac...nderGuesser.php

It seems to reference the original research paper. But I haven't seen this above site before.

That's interesting.. :w00t:

I pasted my first 4 posts in to the anylyser and the results were....

Genre: Informal

Female = 754

Male = 601

Difference = -153; 44.35%

Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Then I pasted my last 4 posts (after comming clean) and the results were,

Genre: Informal

Female = 596

Male = 1008

Difference = 412; 62.84%

Verdict: MALE

I'm quite blown away by this..

Edited by Professor T

very interesting website.

my first analysis was formal. I posted a very neutral email and the result was, weak: female. the difference of maybe 50 points.

my second post was informal, an email where I was upset and used some very strong language. Analysis - male, by over 300 points.

I turn again with an email where I was expressing sympathy, results for that, obviously, female again by over 300 points.

not magic just an algorithm counting specific types of words but still interesting in that the creators of the program would assume that males use certain words more than females and vice versa. I know a lot of women who can spew out the most horrendous filth when they are upset. I am 1 of them. then there are men who are extremely quiet watch what they said they're very careful all the time.

so I guess the idea is, once again, the energy of the speaker but this time in specific situations.

I need to sleep. :sleepy:

Edited by Lava_Lady

An internet search brought me here: http://www.hackerfac...nderGuesser.php

It seems to reference the original research paper. But I haven't seen this above site before.

I'll have to try that. That sounds as if it could provide a source of amusement. :santa:

Well, i tried it with a sample of my Vampire story. from what I can make out, that is categorised as 'Formal' (and isn't it a particularly Male characteristic to have to categorise everything :st ), and, after some cogitation, its mighty mind decided

Genre: Formal

Female = 714

Male = 488

Difference = -226; 40.59%

Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

:clap:

Ok, I'm bummed out...it's appears that I am neither psychic nor particularly intuitive. My grasp on rational thinking remains strong but all this 'touchy/feely' stuff leaves me perplexed. Unless a poster is talking about gender specific activities I can't tell if they're male or female! Exactly, how *does* one assess another person's gender when talking about 'neutral' subjects?

• Like 1

Well I must say that I've really enjoyed this.. :lol:

I AM MALE..

And in other news, water is wet lol :P

• Like 3

Exactly, how *does* one assess another person's gender when talking about 'neutral' subjects?

I don't think one could access gender without some sort of social clues, but what's interesting about that is that if one is preoccupied, or concerned with remaining gender neutral, then they're making a conscious effort to do so, which impacts their expression by inhibiting it, and limits potential discussion, and those are reasons why I find it negative for both the speaker and the listener.

Ok, I'm bummed out...it's appears that I am neither psychic nor particularly intuitive. My grasp on rational thinking remains strong but all this 'touchy/feely' stuff leaves me perplexed. Unless a poster is talking about gender specific activities I can't tell if they're male or female! Exactly, how *does* one assess another person's gender when talking about 'neutral' subjects?

Lets pretend we are talking about the neutral subject of going to a rock concert. A male might say something like, That band rocked...f-ing great concert! A female might say something like, OMG, they rocked so much...I loved every second of it!

...yeah...

• Like 1

Lets pretend we are talking about the neutral subject of going to a rock concert. A male might say something like, That band rocked...f-ing great concert! A female might say something like, OMG, they rocked so much...I loved every second of it!

...yeah...

What about 'OMG that band rocked so much... I loved every f-ing second of the concert'?

• Like 1

Personally, the comments regarding the rock concert would actually tell me more about the age of the responders. Point made though. However, not everyone communicates in a sexually streotypical manner.

• Like 3

Does anyone remember this recurring skit from Saturday Night Live?

Every opportunity was taken by others to try to determine Pat's gender, and just when they thought they were on the right track, Pat's response remained ambiguous.

It was hilarious.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by regi
  • Like 5

I suppose I could start another one.. err, circumsised or not? perhaps?.. but that would create havoc and get closed down.

Simbi is right, these type threads need to be PG13.

It needs to be more on the lines of this thread, something that affects all UM users and has a specific purpose. Otherwise it'll end up being another fun and games thread and we have plenty of those. You need to come up with something different :)

• Like 1

PG-13 !

I could try to post one about myself ,and I assume now it would have to go in the OTHER forum .

But what could the question be .

Hmmmmm

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I could pose it as a question ....

How about this one .

Which of the following things have I NEVER been involved in .

A-Modeling lingerie

B-Playing guitar in a punk rock band

C-I was a girl scout

D-A witches coven

E-Baking cookies

F-Attending Easter Mass at St Louis Cathedral

Only one answer is correct .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I could pose it as a question ....

How about this one .

Which of the following things have I NEVER been involved in .

A-Modeling lingerie

B-Playing guitar in a punk rock band

C-I was a girl scout

D-A witches coven

E-Baking cookies

F-Attending Easter Mass at St Louis Cathedral

Only one answer is correct .

Girl scout?

No a witches coven...

How about me:

Bowling league

Bible study class

Physically abusive relationship

Middle school choir

Government foodstamps program

:D

Which have I never been in....

Don't feel sad Lilly I believe you can have psychic moments, they don't necessarily have to be invoked on command... But at least you tried. :(

:)

You're like 7 feet tall and covered in fur?

My avatar is pretty spot on

LOL so I was wrong your a dude