Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Gay Christians

gay church gay faith gay christian

  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I posted this link on the other gay (is it a sin, choice, or biology) thread, but think it needs its own attention.

Browse around this site a little bit, it is dedicated to affirming gay christians.

:)

God is real, don't let any naysayers take that away from you. Uninformed Christians wise up to who your brothers and sisters in the Lord really are... take a good look at yourself if you are an advocate of "gay people are going to hell" or try to make it seem like a gay person cant have a relationship with Jesus.

http://www.gaychurch.org





The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

ive never met a gay Christian, as a Christian hetrosexual I put god before my own sexuality. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,150 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

More than likely you have AE but just don't know it.  Gays can be pretty good at hiding the fact they are gay because of fear of bodily harm.

I don't see why gays can't be Christians.  More and more churches all the time are accepting them.  I think the real sin would be turning away someone that wanted Christ in their life.


#4    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

ive never met a gay Christian, as a Christian hetrosexual I put god before my own sexuality. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

What god wants from your sex life is between you, your partner and God.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

    Bio-Electric sentient being.

  • Member
  • 9,291 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hurricane State

  • May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Out all the gay and lesbian people I know, much to my surprise I know a quite a few, 2 are Christian the rest are Pagan, Buddhist or nothing. I think the Christians and the Muslims have really drop the ball on this and have driven them away.  But Pagans and Buddhist have excepted them with open arms. Which is why I many friends who are gay or lesbian.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 10 June 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

What god wants from your sex life is between you, your partner and God.
what do you base this on?

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#7    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,714 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

ive never met a gay Christian, as a Christian hetrosexual I put god before my own sexuality. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?
@AE
You said you are heterosexual correct, how are you putting god before your Sexuality? I am not following?

You know Spirit Writer this is a great thread.

I am so glad to see you did this. I think if our gays knew how many people do support and embrace them it may in some small way help them feel included.

Kudos!

Edited by Sherapy, 10 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.




#8    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostSherapy, on 10 June 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

@AE
You said you are heterosexual correct, how are you putting god before your Sexuality? I am not following?

You know Spirit Writer this is a great thread.

I am so glad to see you did this. I think if our gays knew how many people do support and embrace them it may in some small way help them feel included.

Kudos!
im celibate and don't spend my time pursuing sex but try to better my self as a Christian. im not meant to have sex until marriage.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#9    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,714 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 10 June 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Out all the gay and lesbian people I know, much to my surprise I know a quite a few, 2 are Christian the rest are Pagan, Buddhist or nothing. I think the Christians and the Muslims have really drop the ball on this and have driven them away.  But Pagans and Buddhist have excepted them with open arms. Which is why I many friends who are gay or lesbian.

I know a young man who was raised Christian, he was raised to think that being gay is ooky, icky, and sinful. He is in college now and he met a bisexual girl and began a relationship with her, it changed everything for him. He told me that she shared the struggles she has encountered and poured her heart out to him, he said he would feel like a leper and miss the whole point of Jesus's message if he didn't change his mind. In fact, he says he loves this girl unconditionally, he thinks she was put into his life to open his mind and heart. He said she is the most amazing person he has ever met and she has changed him for the better.

Edited by Sherapy, 10 June 2013 - 11:30 PM.




#10    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,714 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

im celibate and don't spend my time pursuing sex but try to better my self as a Christian. im not meant to have sex until marriage.

Oh, I see what you are saying. Thank you for the clarity.




#11    ChloeB

ChloeB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,051 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female

  • “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 10 June 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

What god wants from your sex life is between you, your partner and God.

What's that a threesome?  Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!!  But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#12    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostChloeB, on 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

What's that a threesome?  Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!!  But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.
I think this is a reflection of your personality rather than gods, I dare say you haven't got any thing he hasn't seen before lol

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#13    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostSherapy, on 10 June 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

I know a young man who was raised Christian, he was raised to think that being gay is ooky, icky, and sinful. He is in college now and he met a bisexual girl and began a relationship with her, it changed everything for him. He told me that she shared the struggles she has encountered and poured her heart out to him, he said he would feel like a leper and miss the whole point of Jesus's message if he didn't change his mind. In fact, he says he loves this girl unconditionally, he thinks she was put into his life to open his mind and heart. He said she is the most amazing person he has ever met and she has changed him for the better.

That is a good story. Touching.
The bible states in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou Shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

However can anyone really argue that gays do not feel love for each other? John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

So how can us Christians say that homosexuals are not going to heaven? If they have true love, they obviously have god truly watching over them.

Being a Christian, I think our biggest problem with Christianity  is that we seem to have forgotten these verses on matters such as these.   Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest the speck that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the plank that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the speck out of thy brother's eye.

We need to worry about building our temple inside us instead of worrying about other peoples temple.

If I had one prayer that could be answered, I would pray that everyone gets to feel the love that I experience with my family every single day. If a man or woman is only able to find that love with someone of the same sex than who am I to say that they should not pursue? While I may not agree with homosexuality, it may just be that I do not understand how to put myself into their shoes. I do know what love is, and I do feel that every person should get to experience that in this fast life we live in today.

All I know is based on what I've read in the bible, I had better not judge. If I am judged the way I have judged people in the past god will surely have no place for me in heaven. I have been close minded at times when really, I shouldn't have even chimed in an opinion that may have effected others.  May god give you all love whomever that may be with and may we all see eachother in heaven.


#14    ChloeB

ChloeB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,051 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female

  • “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

I think this is a reflection of your personality rather than gods, I dare say you haven't got any thing he hasn't seen before lol

And therein lies the problem.....people believing God has a personality, just a big overblown version of a human and over the years, the people who write the story of this God have projected their own personality including likes and dislikes, bias, prejudice, etc. onto that big overblown version of a human and called it a god.

Edited by ChloeB, 11 June 2013 - 12:03 AM.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#15    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
this isn't talking about loving your wife or partner but your fellow Christians and fellow man.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users