Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Animals go to Heaven?

Ultima Weapon

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)

I don't know since I haven't been there yet. I do know they have spirits after seeing the ghost of my cat. I am hoping they are there, would like to see my dogs, cats and horses that have pasted besides the people that I loved. Would even like to see that old raccoon again.

• Like 3

I'm going to approach this from a different angle. Would it be heaven for YOU if there were no animals there?

John 14:2

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

• Like 1

Had to put down my dog I had from childhood today. Therefore naturally the question arised.

Would it be heaven for YOU if there were no animals there?

Don't really care either way. As long as I didn't have to clean up thier poop.

• Like 1

Then it wouldn't be heaven for you if you had to clean up their poop. But I thought you had lost your dog today? I'm sorry to hear that but I gather he lived a full life if you had him from childhood.

So the question becomes would it be heaven for you to be reunited with your dog?

Then it wouldn't be heaven for you if you had to clean up their poop. But I thought you had lost your dog today? I'm sorry to hear that but I gather he lived a full life if you had him from childhood.

So the question becomes would it be heaven for you to be reunited with your dog?

It'd be nice I suppose. I don't have nearly as great of emotional attatchments to animals as I do people, the main thing that bothers me with him is simply the fact that he was a large portion of my childhood memories. That and it's really affected my mother pretty hard. (He was much more her's than mine) Don't worry about hurting my feelings by saying he's not. Essentially I'm trying to gather some overall thoughts of this community so that maybe I could use some things to console her.

It'd be nice I suppose. I don't have nearly as great of emotional attatchments to animals as I do people, the main thing that bothers me with him is simply the fact that he was a large portion of my childhood memories. That and it's really affected my mother pretty hard. (He was much more her's than mine) Don't worry about hurting my feelings by saying he's not. Essentially I'm trying to gather some overall thoughts of this community so that maybe I could use some things to console her.

Well, I can't hurt your feelings any more than mine. Fact is, I don't know for sure but that quote from John 14:2 gives me cause to believe it is entirely possible as many people have a deep and abiding love for their animals and would hardly be experiencing "heaven" if they were not there to share it with them.

Whether or not we make it to heaven ourselves but animals get a free pass is an interesting question to pose too ;)

Note to add: John 14:2 could console her as it does me in these matters.

Edited by libstaK

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)

No smart aleck comments.. I promise. :innocent:

but humans are animals too, so to those who do believe, surely humans should not have the privileges over the other animals we share this planet with which are "all gods creatures" too?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Well thats not very Christian like! :cry:

Note to self:

no smart aleck comments.

• Like 1

Whether or not we make it to heaven ourselves but animals get a free pass is an interesting question to pose too ;)

Ah, now that would be interesting. If that were so, I think a lot of people would start questioning the so called "superiority" of the human race.

• Like 2

Ah, now that would be interesting. If that were so, I think a lot of people would start questioning the so called "superiority" of the human race.

Yes, our so called "superiority" definitely needs to be questioned.

• Like 2

Well thats not very Christian like! :cry:

Says who? The way I see it is, Christ came to save humans and therefore instructed us how to be saved. Besides, no matter what fate animals have, it's not like we can change it anyways...

• Like 1

Says who? The way I see it is, Christ came to save humans and therefore instructed us how to be saved. Besides, no matter what fate animals have, it's not like we can change it anyways...

Well someone taught me how to save my garden getting filled up with dog pooh, thought it would apply where ever he came with me. Its not that bad, a pair a gloves and a pooh bag is a very small sacrifice to pay to have him with you forever.

• Like 2

Well someone taught me how to save my garden getting filled up with dog pooh, thought it would apply where ever he came with me. Its not that bad, a pair a gloves and a pooh bag is a very small sacrifice to pay to have him with you forever.

ouch stop bashing aquila :cry: even if its a very good point :tu:

The reason I don't care for having pets isn't just because I don't like to clean up poo... I just happen to find our time in this life short and would rather spend that time being with and attempting to help humans as opposed to animals. It's not like I wanted my dog to die just because he pooped... :huh:

The reason I don't care for having pets isn't just because I don't like to clean up poo... I just happen to find our time in this life short and would rather spend that time being with and attempting to help humans as opposed to animals. It's not like I wanted my dog to die just because he pooped... :huh:

Thats were we differ, I would help animals first. But that does not mean I would not help a human........... just an animal first.

Our time in life is short, but its still a whole long longer than our pets.

• Like 5

Did it ever occur to any of you that the bodies of the beings in heaven animal and human alike may not be subject to something as base and material as "pooping" :P:lol:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

Thats were we differ, I would help animals first. But that does not mean I would not help a human........... just an animal first.

Our time in life is short, but its still a whole long longer than our pets.

Well, most of that's due to my spiritual views. If humans have immortal souls and Christ explains how to save them, then I'll spend my time doing that as opposed to helping animals that may or may not even go to heaven (thus the genesis of the thread) and even if they did there's nothing I could do about it. Completely different perspectives.

Did it ever occurred to any of you that the bodies of the being in heaven animal and human alike may not be subject to something as base and material as "pooping" :P:lol:

Ghost_965c0e_2777970.jpg

Did it ever occurred to any of you that the bodies of the being in heaven animal and human alike may not be subject to something as base and material as "pooping" :P:lol:

Nope! but thats a good thought. :blink: would keep AquilaChrysaetos from trying to get me to do it.

• Like 1

Ghost_965c0e_2777970.jpg

For some reason I can't see that image :(

Nope! but thats a good thought. :blink: would keep AquilaChrysaetos from trying to get me to do it.

Scenario: I'm in heaven experiencing a neverending state of absolute blissful paradise, and so are you.

Therefore, why the **** would want to try and get you to poop!?!? :blink: