Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

video showing UFO 200miles in space using IR

uprize

Interesting video which shows a number of craft visible through IR equipment estimated about 200miles out.

What are everyones thoughts?

[media=]

[/media]

The Karman Line is about 100K, and this is another 100 K beyond that. The Karman line is were aerodynamic lift becomes unachievable. Traces of our atmosphere can reach 800 KM's away, but the ISS sits at only 400 Kms up. Only he says.

The Hubble and satellites sit at about 380 KM's. So whilst I cannot see the Youtube Vid posted, I can tell you that if something it 200 Kms up, it will be coming back down again sometime soon. 200 Ks and under means rapid decay of orbit. It is not really space but LEO.

Could I trouble someone to tell me what it is we are looking at?

ETA oops, just noticed you were talking miles. Bah, imperial measurements!

That puts you around the ISS height then. Cannot be bothered with all the other conversions.

Edited by psyche101

Interesting video which shows a number of craft visible through IR equipment estimated about 200miles out.

What are everyones thoughts?

[media=]

[/media]

My thoughts are that this is just about the lamest video I have ever seen. Phew....

• Like 1

The Karman Line is about 100K, and this is another 100 K beyond that. The Karman line is were aerodynamic lift becomes unachievable. Traces of our atmosphere can reach 800 KM's away, but the ISS sits at only 400 Kms up. Only he says.

The Hubble and satellites sit at about 380 KM's. So whilst I cannot see the Youtube Vid posted, I can tell you that if something it 200 Kms up, it will be coming back down again sometime soon. 200 Ks and under means rapid decay of orbit. It is not really space but LEO.

Could I trouble someone to tell me what it is we are looking at?

ETA oops, just noticed you were talking miles. Bah, imperial measurements!

That puts you around the ISS height then. Cannot be bothered with all the other conversions.

More text book references to absolutely no end. Thanks for the science lesson. :whistle:

Now what about the UFO's?

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

To learn more about this, I began watching this doc. I haven't finished it yet so I have no conclusion at this time.

Steve Kates a noted astronomer (aka 'Dr Sky') takes a look at the footage. This can be seen at 2:40 on the following clip.

• Like 1

My thoughts are that this is just about the lamest video I have ever seen. Phew....

I couldn't agree more... It is amazing to me that this many people went out there and were convinced that they were actually seeing space craft. Mind boggling.

Is it just me or did the "delta" look like a flock of birds?

Downright painful to observe so much stupid packed into one little video.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more... It is amazing to me that this many people went out there and were convinced that they were actually seeing space craft. Mind boggling.

Is it just me or did the "delta" look like a flock of birds?

Downright painful to observe so much stupid packed into one little video.

I've looked thru IR viewers and I can personally say this is exactly what you can see!

....but don't get excited yet.

They are not ET's

They are birds, bats, and insects.

IR picks up thermal heat.

The nifty triangular formation is a triad of satellites...yes they orbit in a triangular formation. Just google it.

...the delta is probably birds

• Like 2

I've looked thru IR viewers and I can personally say this is exactly what you can see!

They are not ET's

The nifty triangular formation is a triad of satellites...yes they orbit in a triangular formation. Just google it.

Yes Synch, glad to see you're familiar with such things, though I must admit that at this point I'm not surprised. Your depth of knowledge on the general subject is downright commendable. :tu:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were some kind of debunker incognito... ;):ph34r::lol:

• Like 1

Yes Synch, glad to see you're familiar with such things, though I must admit that at this point I'm not surprised. Your depth of knowledge on the general subject is downright commendable. :tu:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were some kind of debunker incognito... ;):ph34r::lol:

Thankyou.

I carry my knowledge humbly and do my part to dispell the tinfoil hat stereotype. I don't hold myself out as an expert, because their ain't no such animal in this field.

As far as being a debunker incognito...I suppose that's true.

I take a personal dislike to those that profess to have great knowledge and make money off gullible folks (I don't mean that to be derrogatory) that want so desperately to know we are not alone in this big Universe.

Based on probabilities, it is staggeringly unlikely that we are alone and sorry to say it but...

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

...and you're sure as hell not going to find it with IR viewers from an army surplus store.

Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 1

Thankyou.

I carry my knowledge humbly and do my part to dispell the tinfoil hat stereotype. I don't hold myself out as an expert, because their ain't no such animal in this field.

As far as being a debunker incognito...I suppose that's true.

I take a personal dislike to those that profess to have great knowledge and make money off gullible folks (I don't mean that to be derrogatory) that want so desperately to know we are not alone in this big Universe.

Based on probabilities, it is staggeringly unlikely that we are alone and sorry to say it but...

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

...and you're sure as hell not going to find it with IR viewers from an army surplus store.

Agreed on all points. I have a similar disdain for what I've come to call the ETH Propaganda Machine. And it is always welcome to see someone that is convinced about visitation who isn't afflicted with SkeptiphobiaTM. :tu:

Cheers synch, very glad to have you here. :)

• Like 2

NASA will tell you,,,, anything moving up there is ice crystals.

And more often than not, they would be right when doing so because they would be referring to footage taken while in orbit. Ice crystals and other particulates which are out of focus. These IR videos shot from the ground however have nothing to do with that, but that doesn't mean they don't likewise have an equally prosaic explanation.

More text book references to absolutely no end. Thanks for the science lesson. :whistle:

Now what about the UFO's?

No end? Do you know what an orbit is? Have a think about what we have in that height range. What could it possible be??? I dunno. About a billion things that we have dumped up there.

Here is something else for you to chew on. What height does an orbit become unstable? Hrrmmmz? Would the UFO's in question be in an orbit or would they have to be under their own power?

Your blinkered view is less than impressive, but not nearly as unimpressive as your condescending manner. Which amusingly tend to backfire on you a heck of a lot.

Orbitalaltitudes.jpg

They are not ET's

That's probably what your seeing. Not what they are seeing. See 2:40 in the above clip. Perhaps again we need to give other human beings a little credit eh? After all they have been looking into this phenomena for years. You haven't.

Coming along with a snap judgement is only going to convince the skeptics and non else.

For your hypotheses to be convincing to need to take a clip and go though it to see what they were seeing. Yes?

That's probably what your seeing. Not what they are seeing. See 2:40 in the above clip. Perhaps again we need to give other human beings a little credit eh? After all they have been looking into this phenomena for years. You haven't.

Coming along with a snap judgement is only going to convince the skeptics and non else.

For your hypotheses to be convincing to need to take a clip and go though it to see what they were seeing. Yes?

At 2:40 I see something that could very well be the ISS.

I don't see them using a standard technique of checking their laptop for current satellite flyby's.

How do you know I have not been looking at this phenomena for years? For the record, it has been my passion since 14 years old. I am now 49. You do the math.

Snap judgement? No.

Heard plenty about this fella before.

For my hypothesis to be convincing? You have it backwards. It's their hypothesis that they are viewing ET craft "patrolling" our skies. Seems the onus is on them. Their "proof" consist of objects in the sky and their own statements of what they are.

It's "speculative conjecture stated as fact"

There is absolutely nothing scientific being done here. Their claims are completely unfounded.

If IR showed the phenomena so easily, the hypothesis would have been proven long ago beyond any shadow of doubt.

I understand and respect your enthusiasm for the ETH, but you must always demand proof. Hard evidence.

You have to realize that MOST of the claims made regarding ET evidence are faked or mistaken. Unfortunately, that is the most prevalent fact about the ETH.

That being said, I remain on record as a believer.

• Like 1

At 2:40 I see something that could very well be the ISS.

How about listening to the expert commentary just for once eh? If it was as easy as that Steve kates (Dr Sky) would have picked up being an expert on astronomy would't you think? Come on, the emperor needs to put some real clothes on.

If we could just for once resist jumping to snap early conclusions and give other people more credit I would be very grateful.

Thanks

That being said, I remain on record as a believer.

I know and appreciate that your hearts in the right place. That's ok. You do tend to jump to snap conclusions without really listening to expert analysis sometimes.

I'm guilty too and perhaps we all need to learn this. So it's not a rebuke. Just an observation.

How about listening to the expert commentary just for once eh? If it was as easy as that Steve kates (Dr Sky) would have picked up being an expert on astronomy would't you think? Come on, the emperor needs to put some real clothes on.

If we could just for once resist jumping to snap early conclusions and give other people more credit I would be very grateful.

Thanks

I am not the emperor. Scientific investigation is.

If you don't like my evaluation of it, then dismiss it.

Notice at the start of the video, something prominently displayed which is for sale?

The statements at the start of the video regarding the discoveries of McKinnon are embellished speculation.

• Like 1

Thanks

Perhaps you should have listened to everything Steve Kates had to say. He did indicate that the lights in question were of potential interest, but he also stated that if he had more information available he might be able to identify what it was. I agree with Synch in that it most likely is the ISS, but without more details like those discussed by Steve Kates we may never be able to confirm.

• Like 2

You do tend to jump to snap conclusions without really listening to expert analysis sometimes.

I beg your pardon??

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I appreciate all your feedback so far.

However I am still not conviced that all (or even most) of these are space junk or satelites

• Like 1