Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fired Over Post About Obama Assassination

woman fired obama assassinati

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    soldier4death

soldier4death

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 226 posts

• Believe me, you don't want me believing there isn't a GOD.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

This woman posted her thoughts on her Facebook page about Obama and his reelection. Those comments would lead to her losing her job.

The Coldstone store in Turlock, where Helms had worked for less than a year, received more than 20 angry voicemails about the Facebook post, store manager Chris Kegle told the Modesto Bee.
"We found her comments to be very disgusting, and they do not reflect our opinions here," Kegle said.

http://latimesblogs....book-obama.html

"Use your real eyes to realize these real lies."

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,669 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Why do some people assume that what they write and show on Facebook is private?

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Her comments were dumb and just kept getting dumber, hahaha,like Trump's .Oh twitter I love you. Not....

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,669 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

View Postbones101proof, on 10 November 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

She should of known way better than to post on an all-viewing site, especially since Facebook is the one site employers go to view their employees' profiles, and base hiring and firing off Facebook profiles.
I wonder if she listed her place of employment on her profile.If she did, and it affected her employer's business, I think that she should have been fired too.

#5    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Regret trumps stupidity

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

What happened to freedom of speech.even people talking stupid should not be fired..

#7    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I can't believe people are still stupid enough to believe that things they post on FB will not come back to bite them on the rear.

#8    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,669 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 10 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

What happened to freedom of speech.even people talking stupid should not be fired..
If you put your information 'out there' and you expect that your right to do so is protected by anything, well... not so much.I'm sure that she'll find another job.

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,122 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 10 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Freedom of speech doesn't protect people from consequences of making stupid statements.

#10    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

No one cared when Berry supporters threatened to start a riot if Romney won.

http://www.infowars....if-romney-wins/

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

This was all over the news here . She claimed she's not racist . She hadn't lost her job yet,when I saw them interview her .
Ooohhhh wwweeellllll

Miss me?

#12    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postlsra, on 10 November 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

I can't believe people are still stupid enough to believe that things they post on FB will not come back to bite them on the rear.
Joke or not you still do not post things like that. If you said something like that towards someone, you never know how they are going to react.

#13    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

People are way to sensitive about things people say. This is one of those just shake your head and *facepalm* moments. Not a hey let's get a girl fired and secret service involved on something that isn't a real threat.

All this shows is at the end of the day who has the real power(Money). If this didn't happen (only possibly not 100%) to affect sales in a negative way nothing would of been done. You work for somebody else they basically own you.

Not defending her because of what she said(Because well I like Obama), I'm defending that if we work for somebody we should have some say about how we act in our own lives outside of the workplace.

This is why people need to learn to cover their butts, don't post current employment on facebook, if you don't post it you don't represent them outside of work and can do and say what you want(It's like wearing the uniform while your working there). Remember that you are not your job, but when you represent them watch your mouth.

This is a very slippery slope.

#14    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

She was interviewed on TV today, and admitted to using the "n" word and talking about the assassination of the president.  She is being investigated by the FBI and Secret Service, since making threats like these is against the law.  They will go after someone even for making a "joke" about that.

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Whenever this topic pops up,I always post this. I do not know her,but this was widely circulated at the time it occured ,2004.
I went thru many of her posts,and at the time,she was a teenager,and a Harry Potter fanfic writer .So a teenage harry potter fan,drew this ki.d of attention ,for speaking her mind,on her journal .

Bush is the one that made this kind of thing more popular ,as many people made comments,and he was a whiney little ***** ...so..

. http://anniesj.livej...com/331112.html

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users