Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria mixes chemical weapons into bombs

docyabut2

Well now, this could get nasty, if true.

40,000 people killed, that's a shame. I certainly hope he doesn't use chemical weapons on his people. You never know what someone will do when backed in a corner. He is definitely in a corner.

I have to feel sorry for his neighbors being dragged into this. How long can this go on before there is a much larger conflict at hand.

This sounds like war propaganda to me..

Especially considering the source & it's delivery..

hope I'm right though..

and hope it's just propaganda and is treated as such..

• Like 7

It's hard not to admire the U.S. military at a time like this, because the potential for good here is great.

There may be a chance to change the course of history at this juncture, but I would not wade in without the Russians. There's no reason that Putin can't add "hero" to his resume.

My strong sense is that Panetta and Hillary are negatives here, and I'm a big fan of hers. This calls for a special knight on the chess board, possibly a European statesman with some past ties to Syria's wellbeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJBblCRM6I

*snip*

This video is disturbing so be warned. It shows what nerve, cyanide and blister agents do in even slightly built up areas. I cannot imagine this stuff being sprayed as an airburst over a major city. It's lethal in the extreme and it's persistent in some cases. Thousands could die and tens or even hundreds of thousands could flood healthcare systems. I vaguely understand "binary" weapons like the one's described here. The warhead is divided into 2 chambers of chemicals that must mix to create the deadly result. But once loaded they have a short "shelf life" and must be used or disposed of soon. If this report is true then this crosses the line that Obama drew. I hope someone is talking to Putin right now. Because if he decides to get in the way this could really get uglier than it already is. Israel will allow us some time to take care of this mess but on THIS they won't wait long. If they attack Syria it probably changes everything in the region.

Edited by Saru
Removed video link, contains graphic images

THe source is yet another un-named WH official who's name is being with held because he probably wasn't authorized to speak to the media.

In other words it's simply a rumor..... just like yellow cake , aluminum rods and mobile labs.

10 years wasn't that long ago.... sure Bush was in charge but the whole reason Obama is in there now was because HE WASN'T BUSH.

Why anybody believes anything these crooks say is beyond me.

• Like 6

THe source is yet another un-named WH official who's name is being with held because he probably wasn't authorized to speak to the media.

In other words it's simply a rumor..... just like yellow cake , aluminum rods and mobile labs.

10 years wasn't that long ago.... sure Bush was in charge but the whole reason Obama is in there now was because HE WASN'T BUSH.

Why anybody believes anything these crooks say is beyond me.

You got my vote on this one. I really, really hope the report is wrong. The amount of schizz that could be started over this situation isn't something I like to think about.
  • Like 2

**** is about to hit the fan in the middle east, I doubt it is going to be used on Syria's people. I have a feeling it is going to be used against a foreign nation, namely either U.S. Fleet off the coast or Israel. But if it does happen to be used on the people, there is going to be some serious fireworks from several nations against Syria.

**** is about to hit the fan in the middle east, I doubt it is going to be used on Syria's people. I have a feeling it is going to be used against a foreign nation, namely either U.S. Fleet off the coast or Israel. But if it does happen to be used on the people, there is going to be some serious fireworks from several nations against Syria.

It occurs to me that Assad has a built in excuse for his use of the poison when the time comes. He has stated more than once that he will never use it "against the Syrian people" but many of those fighting against his army are already volunteers from outside the region. He knows that firing a single shell of this will mean the end of his regime and probably the end of his life. I'm sure there would be disinformation attempted to put the blame on "rebels" but it's just not very plausible unless he first admits some of the weapons have been stolen or seized. That alone is a red line for Obama - or so he has said. The news from the region consistently paints a grim picture for his forces. They are slowly being pushed back and losing many, many troops. I think the Russians are again, key to solving this. They should either force him to surrender and give him sanctuary or they should kill him and his immediate cadre of leaders. If a sustained salvo of chemical scuds were to strike Israeli cities I fear that we will see NEW videos of a mushroom cloud over Damascus. I'm sorry to be crude here but gassing Jews is going to lead to a very poor outcome for the world. Putin could be hailed a hero if he acts now.

another invisible man report

What does this mean?

Likely in reference to the fact that this is highly suspected, but not fully confirmed(at least publicly)

Could be nothing more than them moving those weapons farther away from those whom might steal them.

Hard to say at this point. Guess we'll find-out soon enough.

snapback.pnglightly, on 06 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

What does this mean?

The invisible man is the un- named "Senior U.S. Official" who "told Fox News" . Why can't we know this shadowy figure's name?????? And WHO the H is "Fox News" ? Not only don't we get the name of the official , we also don't get the name of the fox news person . I like to know WHO is telling us these things.

It makes me suspicious of the validity of any report from Un named Officials, or sources, or other ends of horses.

I've noticed lately, that sometimes the truth isn't even true!

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

Was not that long ago that Colin Powell ( who was at the time a fairly respected official) was telling the U.S., the U.N. and the world at large that Saddam has "weapons of masss destruction" and that if we didn;t go in there and get them they would be used by Al queda and such. Needless to say we still have not found any. So to simply believe the gov this time and be all gung-ho to go in to Syria would be rather foolish. IF Assad in fact does use the amount of Chem weapons he does have then fine we as the U.N> as a who;e should deal with him and a threat to the world; but there is no reason for the U.S. to have to be the cowboy in this situation.

Its time to bomb syria.

I think their own country is doing that well enough alone.

snapback.pnglightly, on 06 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

The invisible man is the un- named "Senior U.S. Official" who "told Fox News" . Why can't we know this shadowy figure's name?????? And WHO the H is "Fox News" ? Not only don't we get the name of the official , we also don't get the name of the fox news person . I like to know WHO is telling us these things.

It makes me suspicious of the validity of any report from Un named Officials, or sources, or other ends of horses.

I've noticed lately, that sometimes the truth isn't even true!

I see, thanks for explaining the reference. If these weapons get used maybe the invisible man will come forward to claim his credit for warning us. And if, God forbid, some of this stuff got used at a superbowl game or a Christmas Eve shopping mall we can just say that CIA pulled a false flag also..that how it goes? I understand the cynicism and believe some of it is a healthy balance but the world has known about Assad's chem weapons program from multiple sources for decades. And for the record - I predict that if he isn't deposed quickly then we will soon get all the proof anyone would ever desire - in high def. As to sending in US troops - I have consistently been against it and still am. THIS stuff is so "special" that it gets it's own bases to be stored at and that's a good thing militarily. It means it can be easily, accurately targeted from the air and destroyed by thermobaric bombardment. No civilian casualties at all unless the stuff isn't properly burned by the weapons. Hopefully if there are any civilians living close buy they will run when the bombs start falling.

Sadam did have gas weapons,he killed thousand of people with them. The US gave a month warning before going in, plenty of time to get them out of country. The US knows that Assad is now loading these weapons getting ready to use them and may give them to some terrorist groups, that what Hillery is saying.All Obama had said so far to Syria, if you use them you will pay the conquences..Apparently Obama is going on vacation and is not concern about the country going over the fistal cliff or Syria.

I see, thanks for explaining the reference. If these weapons get used maybe the invisible man will come forward to claim his credit for warning us. And if, God forbid, some of this stuff got used at a superbowl game or a Christmas Eve shopping mall we can just say that CIA pulled a false flag also..that how it goes? I understand the cynicism and believe some of it is a healthy balance but the world has known about Assad's chem weapons program from multiple sources for decades. And for the record - I predict that if he isn't deposed quickly then we will soon get all the proof anyone would ever desire - in high def. As to sending in US troops - I have consistently been against it and still am. THIS stuff is so "special" that it gets it's own bases to be stored at and that's a good thing militarily. It means it can be easily, accurately targeted from the air and destroyed by thermobaric bombardment. No civilian casualties at all unless the stuff isn't properly burned by the weapons. Hopefully if there are any civilians living close buy they will run when the bombs start falling.

... official sources (lightly) have no further comment at this time. :ph34r:

Likely in reference to the fact that this is highly suspected, but not fully confirmed(at least publicly)

Could be nothing more than them moving those weapons farther away from those whom might steal them.

Hard to say at this point. Guess we'll find-out soon enough.

That makes no sense. You don't combine the chemicals, essentially activating them, to move them. I do not believe any military commander would be stupid enough to do that.

• Like 1