Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Source Of All Evil

thaphantum

i thought about this today... after reading a few post in the thread about the love of money being the root of all evil... not only that... it has been posted in a few other threads also...

according to some people... God created the devil... and the devil is evil... so that makes God evil since he created the devil...

I personally believe that God gave us free will to choose whether to be good or evil...

but my belief aside... i'm curious as to what people think on the issue...

if God did create the devil and people... and they do evil... is God the root of all evil?

if the deity worshiped by other religions created people... are they the root of all evil?

if it was an accident... is nature the root of all evil?

if we are genetically intent on evil... are our parents the root of all evil?

i'm just wondering what some people think the answer to this question is... since i always see people posting that God is the root of all evil... but they are atheists... supposedly...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graylady2

• thaphantum

• Radian

• ND-DAVE

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the blame lies anywhere but inside ourselves. People who are slaves to their emotions.

Why do rapists rape? They love the high and control feeling they get off it.

Why do theives theif? They love the high and control feeling they get off it.

Why do murderers murder? They love the high and control feeling they get off it.

Most of us, we know where the line is drawn, but there are the select few who cant control themselves from doing one of the mentioned above; it's like their drug, an addiction. Even if they do know right from wrong.

Thats my examination of it anyway.

edit: spelling

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

I think we have to take responsibility for the things we do and the things we don't do. It is all very easy to blame God for all the things we do wrong, but the fact we have free-will means just that, we have the free-will to do whatever we wish, but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be correct. If we choose to do something that we know is wrong, we have no-one to blame but ourselves and as nothing is free we ultimately pay the price.

Isn't this in keeping with the Poll/Thread you posted regarding the same topic. "Evil". Root of, or source of. I would think this would be a merge.

Isn't this in keeping with the Poll/Thread you posted regarding the same topic. "Evil". Root of, or source of. I would think this would be a merge.

actually... this has nothing to do with the other thread...

the other thread was asking if you had ever heard that verse misquoted or taken out of context...

this one here is asking what people's opinions are on the subject of evil... so they are indeed two different topics...

The other one was about money, the misquoting of the "the pursuit of money is the root of all evil", etc.

I do not believe that God is the route of all evil. I believe mankind, if his actions are evil, has nothing to blame but himself. No Bible, no intitution, no religion, no lack of it is to blame for man's tndency towards evil behaviour. We can be a malignant bunch when we want to be.

Sin is the embodiment and root or source of all evil be it from demon or man. Sin was not a creation of God but the result of the rebelion against the Word of God which in defenition is the Law of God. Sin is the chaos to the lawful that is the Word. But one must have the other to balance and describe the other. Before Sin or Law there was the Word and the Word was all. When the word was challenged or apposed then a counter effect happened which was sin. So from sin came the balance of law. Both are under God's jurisdiction But only one truely came from God. Evil spurned from sin when Eve came under temptation. Sin corrupted when both Adam and Eve fell under temptation and were cast from Eden. Sin resided in man and woman and was inherentedly given to their offspring. So it spread from parent to child all the way to the present and into the future. We as man have that balance of good and evil, the word and sin, chaos and law inheritedly in our minds since we have been raised and influenced by those with sin and law. That is what separates our souls from the Angel and Demon. The Angel dwells in the Word and law while the Demon dwells in chaos and sin. We dwell in both so we are the balance to this earth. We must have one to have the other. So in a sense the Word is the source of evil since from the apposement of the Word came sin. But truely from sin came the true origin of evil.

i am not sure where i read or heard this but someone once said " i believe god was created because people needed someone to BLAME" i share this opinion to some lvl :)

The source of evil is the human mind. We decide what is good and evil.

Good point darkwind, and I agree. People need to stop looking to their mythologies for good & evil, and look within themselves.

However...... In a sense the god concept can be considered the creator of evil: according to the stories, it is god who set the standard of what is 'good' and 'bad' by placing a prohibition on his creations in the first place.

Satan wasn't forced to do evil- He was self absorbed, greedy, envious..these evil things influenced him in favor of evil. It was his choice, not God's. If God was to be blame for the evil in this world then we shouldn't be held responsibile for our evil deeds, just give that responsibility to God and we are clean. There is a reason why God doesn't stop us, and gives us a choice instead -- b/c we are responsible for our bad deeds, our evil doings. Ultimately it's our choice, and us alone seek those repercussions from that-- much in the same way as Satan will.

Sin is the embodiment and root or source of all evil be it from demon or man. Sin was not a creation of God but the result of the rebelion against the Word of God which in defenition is the Law of God. Sin is the chaos to the lawful that is the Word. But one must have the other to balance and describe the other. Before Sin or Law there was the Word and the Word was all. When the word was challenged or apposed then a counter effect happened which was sin. So from sin came the balance of law. Both are under God's jurisdiction But only one truely came from God. Evil spurned from sin when Eve came under temptation. Sin corrupted when both Adam and Eve fell under temptation and were cast from Eden. Sin resided in man and woman and was inherentedly given to their offspring. So it spread from parent to child all the way to the present and into the future. We as man have that balance of good and evil, the word and sin, chaos and law inheritedly in our minds since we have been raised and influenced by those with sin and law. That is what separates our souls from the Angel and Demon. The Angel dwells in the Word and law while the Demon dwells in chaos and sin. We dwell in both so we are the balance to this earth. We must have one to have the other. So in a sense the Word is the source of evil since from the apposement of the Word came sin. But truely from sin came the true origin of evil.

I'd have to say out of the responses this is the one I lean more toward. God knows that this universe is a balance. In order to have good you must know what the opposite of good is, which is evil. How can you truly know what "good" is if there is nothing evil from you to learn from? God is perfect in all ways and is the source of light and love for all of the universe. When God created satan and the angels before mankind creation, that negative balance was satan and the rebellion against the Most High God. Satan is now the father of all evil and lies, and has tried to get humankind to rebel not only against their earthly parents, but as well as their Heavenly Father, and has also successfully led many away from God through bogus science and media sources. Im not saying all science is bogus, but satan was pretty much second in command next to God and is extremely unimaginably intelligent. It is evident by some of the responses such as "there is no god" and the mockery of Jesus Christ on these boards. I will not preach to those who post that as you are certainly free to post what you will but keep in mind that one day you will be accountable for your words standing under the King of the universe, choose what you will, but satan is the source of all evil, my opinion

Edited by Nephilim_Slayer

I'd have to say out of the responses this is the one I lean more toward. God knows that this universe is a balance. In order to have good you must know what the opposite of good is, which is evil. How can you truly know what "good" is if there is nothing evil from you to learn from? God is perfect in all ways and is the source of light and love for all of the universe. When God created satan and the angels before mankind creation, that negative balance was satan and the rebellion against the Most High God. Satan is now the father of all evil and lies, and has tried to get humankind to rebel not only against their earthly parents, but as well as their Heavenly Father, and has also successfully led many away from God through bogus science and media sources. Im not saying all science is bogus, but satan was pretty much second in command next to God and is extremely unimaginably intelligent. It is evident by some of the responses such as "their is no god" and the mockery of Jesus Christ on these boards. I will not preach to those who post that as you are certainly free to post what you will but keep in mind that one day you will be accountable for your words standing under the King of the universe, choose what you will, but satan is the source of all evil, my opinion

Good post and thank you for the compliment.

I'd have to say out of the responses this is the one I lean more toward. God knows that this universe is a balance. In order to have good you must know what the opposite of good is, which is evil. How can you truly know what "good" is if there is nothing evil from you to learn from? God is perfect in all ways and is the source of light and love for all of the universe. When God created satan and the angels before mankind creation, that negative balance was satan and the rebellion against the Most High God. Satan is now the father of all evil and lies, and has tried to get humankind to rebel not only against their earthly parents, but as well as their Heavenly Father, and has also successfully led many away from God through bogus science and media sources. Im not saying all science is bogus, but satan was pretty much second in command next to God and is extremely unimaginably intelligent. It is evident by some of the responses such as "their is no god" and the mockery of Jesus Christ on these boards. I will not preach to those who post that as you are certainly free to post what you will but keep in mind that one day you will be accountable for your words standing under the King of the universe, choose what you will, but satan is the source of all evil, my opinion

could not have said it better. good post

"There is no right and wrong, just perspective and opinion."

We may have our own personal definitions of what good and evil/right and wrong are...but there is no universal Good or Evil.

If Good and Evil truely existed the would be so clearly defined and so different from each other there would be no need for debate...there would be no "shades of gray", no room for interpretation.

Good cannot exist without evil...because there wouldn't be anything to compare it to. For something to be Evil it has to be compared to something Good and vice versa. Maybe God had to create Satan for these reasons.

Quote Time!

"Evil When you are in its grasps is not felt as evil but as a necessity or even a duty."

"If there wasn't any evil then there wouldn't be any good, so I guess its good to be evil sometimes."

"One man's heaven is another man's hell."

"Your actions are reasonable and justifiable but does that make them right?"

i love your avatar its hilarious

according to some people... God created the devil... and the devil is evil... so that makes

God evil since he created the devil...

Thinking in terms of positive and negative is less emotional than d/evil - which congers fear/contempt/disgust with some people.

<snip>

if God did create the devil and people... and they do evil... is God the root of all evil?

if the deity worshiped by other religions created people... are they the root of all evil?

Positively not... ; )

i'm just wondering what some people think the answer to this question is... since i always see people posting that God is the root of all evil... but they are atheists...supposedly...

We put far too much stock in our own importance. We are invisible compared to 'what's out there...' Our planet is miniscule compared to the Sun...which means the inhabitants are micro-organisms in comparison to the Earth.

Why do you suppose that some believe we're worthy of divine attention - being nothing more than what may amount to germs on a living organism? Germs that are unhealthy and infectious - being as we're the only species which is determined to poison our life support system....

There is nothing divine about us...we are what we create - which seems to be toxic waste. Nothing godly about our behavior, is there?

Satan wasn't forced to do evil- He was self absorbed, greedy, envious..these evil things influenced him in favor of evil. It was his choice, not God's. If God was to be blame for the evil in this world then we shouldn't be held responsibile for our evil deeds, just give that responsibility to God and we are clean. There is a reason why God doesn't stop us, and gives us a choice instead -- b/c we are responsible for our bad deeds, our evil doings. Ultimately it's our choice, and us alone seek those repercussions from that-- much in the same way as Satan will.

What about those who aren't responsible for their deeds? Children don't have a choice when it comes to abuse, molestation...and a litany of other disgusting behaviors inflicted upon them...

What about those who aren't responsible for their deeds? Children don't have a choice when it comes to abuse, molestation...and a litany of other disgusting behaviors inflicted upon them...

i think you misunderstood... i THINK sunny was saying that the people who do those things are responsible for their own actions... children obviously don't molest themselves... so they aren't responsible for the actions of others...

i think that makes sense... or at least i hope it does...

i think you misunderstood... i THINK sunny was saying that the people who do those things are responsible for their own actions... children obviously don't molest themselves... so they aren't responsible for the actions of others...

i think that makes sense... or at least i hope it does...

Yep, makes perfect sense.

Children are too innocent/ young to 'understand' the repercussions from their decisions & shouldn't be held accountable until then.

Thanks for clarfying-- :tu:

i thought about this today... after reading a few post in the thread about the love of money being the root of all evil... not only that... it has been posted in a few other threads also...

according to some people... God created the devil... and the devil is evil... so that makes God evil since he created the devil...

I personally believe that God gave us free will to choose whether to be good or evil...

but my belief aside... i'm curious as to what people think on the issue...

i'm just wondering what some people think the answer to this question is... since i always see people posting that God is the root of all evil... but they are atheists... supposedly...

I believe people are the root of most evil. It is just the result of bad choices people make.

I believe God creates hardships for us. Some times he causes things to happen that we consider to be evil. He does this to teach us and test us.

So I guess you could say people and God are the cause of evil.