Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Reliable Democratic Implosion Ahead...


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    libertyworld

libertyworld

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined:03 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 17 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

*ahem*
You called me cowardly, intellectually bankrupt, bigoted...

No no no...
Not you...
The act of characterizing another's opinion as propaganda would be those things, in my opinion.

I think you took it too personally but I was pretty harsh alright.
It's not you.
It's the camp you seemed to be representing.
If I was mistaken or confused, I apologize, and even I can be mistaken sometimes  wink2.gif
Sure seemed like you were doing the same old pseudo-liberal bigotry routine.
(Their opinion bothers me so it is hateful / racist / bigotted / phobic / propaganda...)
The label has to fit.
I would like to be wrong about you.
But I don't characterize other's differing opinions as propaganda.
And I think is wrong and bad to do so.
And it sure seemed like you were doing so.
Was I mistaken?




Stand For Goodness

#32    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

libertyworld on Sep 18 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

No no no...
Not you...
The act of characterizing another's opinion as propaganda would be those things, in my opinion.

I think you took it too personally but I was pretty harsh alright.
It's not you.
It's the camp you seemed to be representing.
If I was mistaken or confused, I apologize, and even I can be mistaken sometimes  wink2.gif
Sure seemed like you were doing the same old pseudo-liberal bigotry routine.
(Their opinion bothers me so it is hateful / racist / bigotted / phobic / propaganda...)
The label has to fit.
I would like to be wrong about you.
But I don't characterize other's differing opinions as propaganda.
And I think is wrong and bad to do so.
And it sure seemed like you were doing so.
Was I mistaken?

You took it that way because I attacked McCain. I've also attacked Obama. Neither one offers genuine change with policies and fleshed out ideas to back it up. I support Ron Paul and the reformation of the two party system. My politics in actuallity are a brand of socially liberal libertarian. Small government, states rights, civil liberties, strict following of the constitution, balanced budget, gay marriage, legalized drugs, legalized gambling, non-interventionist military, strong border, less taxes, removal of the patriot act, independent supplies: energy, food etc. Certainly nothing about Marxism though. Libertarians are strongly against communist and socialist idealogy.


#33    libertyworld

libertyworld

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined:03 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 18 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

You took it that way because I attacked McCain. I've also attacked Obama. Neither one offers genuine change with policies and fleshed out ideas to back it up. I support Ron Paul and the reformation of the two party system. My politics in actuallity are a brand of socially liberal libertarian. Small government, states rights, civil liberties, strict following of the constitution, balanced budget, gay marriage, legalized drugs, legalized gambling, non-interventionist military, strong border, less taxes, removal of the patriot act, independent supplies: energy, food etc. Certainly nothing about Marxism though. Libertarians are strongly against communist and socialist idealogy.

Actually no, not because you attacked McCain...
The instigating words in this exchange were "As you do to views opposing your own."
That is what set me off because I so deplore the way many do just that.
As if strong opinions are not allowed and even that they should be shut down, (as I have been, more than once).
Again, opinion is not propaganda, but the word has become a form of demonization of those who express strongly opposing views, as if someone is breaking the rules...
They have to demonize it so they call it extremism or hate or racism or some phobia or propaganda or something, anything...
Pretty common here.
A bad thing.
Anyway, maybe you didn't mean it the way I took it.
That can happen.
Words can lose essential things when printed instead of spoken because of all the different ways they can be spoken.








Stand For Goodness

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 11,047 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

libertyworld on Sep 18 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

Actually no, not because you attacked McCain...
The instigating words in this exchange were "As you do to views opposing your own."
That is what set me off because I so deplore the way many do just that.
As if strong opinions are not allowed and even that they should be shut down, (as I have been, more than once).
Again, opinion is not propaganda, but the word has become a form of demonization of those who express strongly opposing views, as if someone is breaking the rules...
They have to demonize it so they call it extremism or hate or racism or some phobia or propaganda or something, anything...
Pretty common here.
A bad thing.
Anyway, maybe you didn't mean it the way I took it.
That can happen.
Words can lose essential things when printed instead of spoken because of all the different ways they can be spoken.


You just proceeded to justify Islamic extremism. Good job.  thumbsup.gif

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users