Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

West Mephis Three

Jennifer_P

Thoughts? Guilty? Innocent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

Personally, i think they are innocent. There was a guy called "The Bojangles Man" who went into the Bojangles restraunt muddy and all bloody, on the night of the murder. Then there is Terry Hobbs. Stevies step father, there is a ton of lies he has told to cops and investigators, like him not seeing the boys that night, when infact he did.

So what are your thoughts?

Apart from innocent people having been put to death, the West Memphis Three case is the worst case of wrongful conviction I've ever heard of and likely, ever will hear of.

Those witnesses- who a decade and a half later claimed that the boys were actually playing in their back yard and were called back home by Hobbs- can't be believed because it was common knowledge by anyone and everyone at the time that those little boys were last seen by the mother of one of them headed north on 14th Street at about 6:00 pm.

If those witnesses had seen those boys later- at about 6:30 and in what would have been the opposite direction of what they were reported by the mother- then they would have told somebody at the time!

Their excuse is that they didn't know that Hobbs had denied seeing the boys that day. Well, maybe they didn't know that he'd denied seeing them, but if what they claim was true, then they'd have certainly known that it wasn't the mother who last saw them and that 6:00 pm wasn't the last sighting!)

I completely discount that particular 'evidence' against Hobbs.

I'm aware of the "consistent hair", but Hobbs and Jacoby were together off and on throughout that evening, and so Hobbs doesn't appear to me to have had the opportunity to have committed the murders, let alone have a motive to kill three children.

Re: "Bojangles", that was a very odd occurrence that within a mile of the discovery site that a person wandered- muddy and disoriented- into the restaurant within that time period.

The police finally got around to collecting blood and other evidence from the restaurant's restroom sometime the next day but then promptly lost what they'd collected.

Of interest, there was a negroid hair (never identified) collected from one of the sheets which covered one of the bodies.

I'm confused if you find them innocent or not.

But yeah as for Terry Hobbs, I think John Mark Byers was trying to make him seem guilty. It is suspicious that Terry doesn't have an alibi but based on what you said alone, its not likley he commited the crime. I don't think any of the parents are guilty. I think its just hersay due to John Mark Byers fued with Damien, and John Mark wanting to point the finger. Damien apologized to JMB. Though that is a heck of a conicidence of the bojangles man. I don't know who the real killer is but i think it was the bojangles man. As far as one of them being casterated, it makes me wonder if it wasn't a pedophile

Edited by Jennifer_P

Taken from Wiki

"Mr. Bojangles" The sighting of a black male as a possible alternate

suspect was implied during the beginning of the

Misskelley trial. According to local West Memphis police

officers, on the evening of May 5, 1993, at 8:42 pm,

workers in the Bojangles' restaurant about a mile from the crime scene in Robin Hood Hills reported seeing a

black male who seemed "mentally disoriented" inside

the ladies' room of the restaurant. The man was

bleeding and had brushed against the walls of the

restroom. Officer Regina Meeks responded to the call,

taking the restaurant manager's report through the restaurant's drive-through window. By then, the man had left and police did not enter the restroom on that date. [22] The following day after the victims' bodies were found,

Bojangles' manager Marty King, thinking there was a

possible connection to the bloody man found in the

bathroom, reported the incident to police officers who

then inspected the ladies room. King gave the officers a

pair of sunglasses he thought the man left behind and the detectives took some blood samples from the walls.

Police detective Bryn Ridge testified that he later lost

those blood scrapings taken from the walls and tiles of

the restroom. A hair identified as belonging to a black

male was later recovered from a sheet which was used to wrap one of the victims.

I'm confused if you find them innocent or not.

But yeah as for Terry Hobbs, I think John Mark Byers was trying to make him seem guilty. It is suspicious that Terry doesn't have an alibi but based on what you said alone, its not likley he commited the crime. I don't think any of the parents are guilty. I think its just hersay due to John Mark Byers fued with Damien, and John Mark wanting to point the finger. Damien apologized to JMB. Though that is a heck of a conicidence of the bojangles man. I don't know who the real killer is but i think it was the bojangles man. As far as one of them being casterated, it makes me wonder if it wasn't a pedophile

I'm familiar with this case having studied it exclusively and intensely for over two years and there's not a doubt in my mind but that the West Memphis Three are innocent.

If there's one single case I'd like to see solved, it's this one.

I don't understand why Byers would point the finger at Hobbs and Jacoby, especially after he himself was on the receiving end of the same finger pointing for over a decade.

Echols used to say he wouldn't finger point, but he's apparently changed his mind. Misskelley has been quiet, but Baldwin has not pointed the finger because he said that's what was done to him.

The wounds to the bodies had originally been misinterpreted by the ME.

Animal predation accounts for what was thought at the time to have been castration by a knife. Other wounds on the bodies (gouges and scratches) have also been determined to be attributed to animal predation and not a knife

(The bodies were submerged for up to 17 hours before discovery.

The boys were last seen at 6:00 pm and their bodies were discovered the following day at about 1:00 pm in a water filled ravine which drained into the Ten Mile Bayou.)

FYI, there's a movie based on Mara Leveritts book about the case, Devil's Knot, that should be due out maybe later this year.

I missed the new documentary, West of Memphis, and I hope it will be released onto DVD.

There are three other documentaries on the case: Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, Revelations, and Purgatory. (I know the first one is avail. online.)

There's also another book on the case, Blood of Innocents, but I haven't read it.

There's case documents available online at

http://www.callahan.8k.com

• Like 1

I've been studying this case as well. Omg i am so excited for Devil's Knot. Yeah, i never got why Damien did that.

Is the Devils Knot going to be relased straight to dvd? I agree with you as well, why would JMB point the finger as well? Now don't get me wrong, i like Damien, but this whole finger pointing this with 2 adults is really childish. However he did say he was sorry and wrote JMB a note. Now JMB believes the WM3 are innocent but he's pointing the finger. I own Devil's Knot, and Life after Death. My husband hated those books because i never put them down, besides when i was working or doing house chores. Haha, good reads though. I haven't read BOTI either but i'm getting it for Christmas for myself.

I wonder whatever happened to Damien's baby momma (I can't think of her name) and Seth.

Yeah, I read Life After Death, but I was disappointed with it.

Re: Damien's finger pointing, I was referring to now, not back in the beginning.

His finger pointing of Hobbs is something I wouldn't have expected because he'd said he wouldn't.

As far as the movie Devil's Knot, I'm under the impression that it'll be released in theaters.

Domini is Seth's mother's name, and I know that Damien and Seth have visited through the years before and after his release.

From what I understand, Domini and Seth had moved from West Memphis to out of state many, many years ago, and as far as I know, continue to live out of state.

I stumbled across this case in 2010 very incidentally, and I was immediately hooked. I soon found myself completely enthralled. Ok, I was obsessed, absolutely obsessed, and believe me, it didn't go unnoticed. :lol:

Edited by regi

I'm obsessed too. Haha!

That too, i forgot for a second he was blaming Hobbs. Kinda childish. I like Damien, alot, but his finger pointing annoys me. If Hobbs really killed those kids he would of been convicted. Sweet! I am thrilled. Lol watch it be limited release. I always thought Seth didn't see Damien after his relase for some reason. Like Domini just kept Seth from him. It had to be so hard for her to explain to Seth why his dad was in jail. "Your dad is in jail because cops are crooked, and they think he killed 3 little boys" how do you explain something like that? Omg, i have something to look forward to know. i am beyond excited for Devil's Knot. I'm really obsessed to, to the point i want to become a cold case investigator and open it back up. Haha!

• 2 weeks later...

All I know about this case is that I watched the first Paradise Lost movie and felt like these guys were definitely wronged.

• Like 1

All I know about this case is that I watched the first Paradise Lost movie and felt like these guys were definitely wronged.

Same here, and I still think the bojangles man did it. Too odd of a concidence.

• Like 2

cmon , it had to be bojangles

Bojangles description (summary from police log notes and 5/6 report):

• Late 20's.
  • 5'11
  • Thin
  • Blue cast with white Velcro on his right arm.
  • Blue denim sleeveless shirt
  • Black shoes
  • Black thin warm up pants.
  • Disoriented, bleeding.

michael_scott_photo.JPG

Edited by CuriousLittleOne

I've been following this story of the West Memphis Three for almost 16 years now and to be 100% honest, at first I didn't think the kids did it. I was in full support of them, I was a young teenager myself like they were at the time, I was into the same music, and weird world they were in at the time. I thought they were cool, I wanted to be like them, and I believed in their innocence. But after years upon years of serious research, from being obsessed with this story I finally have come to the conclusion that I think they are 100% guilty. The evidence is uncanny when you look at it, especially Damien's hospital records from East Arkansas Regional Mental Health Center. It has guilty written all over it, plus his obsession with Aleister Crowley.

You might think this to be meaningless, and unrelated but if you look into this deeper, it all and I mean every single bit of it has a very deep, twistid deep meaning to all of this. Please forgive me but I really don't feel like spending countless hours on UM explaining this, but please if you haven't looked into this case further than what the media, and the people in HBO and Hollywood have made it, then you need to take a second look a long, very long second look.

I wished I felt the boys were innocent again, I really do, because like I said, I kind of looked up to them. This story was sensationalized and dumbed down by something deeper and darker than any of us can even imagine, and I'm not one to believe in evil spirit forces at work, but here late in my life my eyes are open more. Whether all this Illuminati, devilistic **** is real or not, there definitely are people who do believe in it, and seem to be making some things prophetic.

I mean Jason Baldwin seems like a completely changed man, he looks and is doing great, he's always smiling he's very productive in his current life. I'd love to think he were innocent, because innocent or guilty he seems like a changed man. Damien Echols on the other hand though he is doing great as well, still seems like he has dark secrets like he's hiding something. He seems to be missing something even in interviews he just has this melancholy about him that he has always had since he was a teenager, not to mention his narcissism and over confidence of control.

Jesse Misskelley however, is a complete recluse now and has always maintained his story that they were guilty. Even after he was found guilty, he told his lawyers time and time again he just needed to get it off his chest, he asked to speak to priest because he wanted his soul set free. Why would he do this after all the years being locked up? And of course he's going to want out of prison, so yes he accepted the deal "who wouldn't want out even if you did do it"? You would have to be crazy to want to stay locked up for life. And people should sit back and ask themselves why Jesse hasn't been in the countless interviews as Damien and Jason? Why hasn't Jesse pursued the millions upon millions of dollars as Jason and Damien have? Why is he sitting back in his hometown locked up in a house with his father poor and quite? Is it because no one wants Jesse to spill the beans again, and stir up controversy? I'm not sure myself, but you can't deny that it is very unusual, I don't care what his IQ is. If anything an amateur writer/journalist could write his story for him and he could reap thousands upon thousands and never have to worry a day in his life.

As far as my knowledge about Jesse, I think he has a story to tell, but chooses to keep quite. Could be out of fear of being locked up again even though that would be impossible because you can't be tried twice for the same offense. Could be out of fear of his life? It could be out of respect for Jason, and Damien to not ruin their lives, in understanding that eventually they will have to come to terms like he did. We could speculate all day, but it won't get us anywhere. Don't you find it odd though?

Like I said there are darker forces at work here spiritual or not there are darker forces at work. There is a deeper meaning to this, the evidence is all around, you just have to look for it. The cops had it right the first time, and they all still firmly believe the WM3 did it, the media tried to blame Byers and that failed, then they tried to blame Hobbs then that failed, now they are blaming bo'Jangles. How convenient? Of course someone has to take the blame, but notice how no one knows who bo'jangles even is!

Look I'll say it one last time, I'd give anything to believe the WM3 didn't do it, in fact if it were anything else but children I'd still support them, even if they murdered 3 adults I wouldn't care as much. But it's just the fact that it's children, that's the cruelest thing someone can do. And I honestly think that Jason was more of Damien's pawn. The friend who would do anything to impress his friend, trust me I've been there, I've had friends who have been there, I was young once, and I've seen some sick **** in my life. Jesse was just the lonely kid, who wanted to be part of the group. I've seen that too in groups. They fail to mention about the whiskey bottle that Jesse threw a few yards from where the bodies were found, also the necklace that belonged to Jason with blood on it that matched one the children's blood type. And I know people will say well in 2007 they found that there was no DNA evidence that suggested that the boys were there at the scene. Look up DNA evidence, the normal everyday person doesn't recognize this stuff they would never get it, but only what they have been fed.

And unfortunately we have all been fed lies. :/ See for yourself, take a second look.

Edited by The Nameless One
  • Like 1

And one of the biggest things you will hear people say is why did Byers point the finger at Hobb's when they blamed him at first? Why is everyone pointing fingers at people? It's a diversion tactic to distract and confuse people.

Do you guys really want to know what this is all about? Every single one of them from Byers on up SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR MONEY! Except Jesse... And who knows that's yet to be determined. This stuffs real man, I'm telling you Hollywood, Satanism, MKULTRA, Disney, the Illuminati, Freemasons, Fema Camps and mass coffins, Depopulation. It's all true. Like I said I don't know if spiritual forces exist, but I do believe that people are trying to bring prophecy to fruition. Aleister Crowley revolutionized the world and his influence is strong in Hollywood and in media propaganda. Whether you believe it or not, these people believe in magick, and summoning spirits or demons if you will.

Now go ahead and call me a quack, I'm ready. Throw your stones! Fire at will! :) no seriously please do.

That's for sure; it's a very odd coincidence! The location and timing and that he was muddy...

Also of interest, to my knowledge and to this day, he's never come forward.

Of course, there could be some other reason he's never come forward, but until he does, we'll never know why he didn't or hasn't.

That's for sure; it's a very odd coincidence! The location and timing and that he was muddy...

Also of interest, to my knowledge and to this day, he's never come forward.

Of course, there could be some other reason he's never come forward, but until he does, we'll never know why he didn't or hasn't.

Maybe because he either. A. Doesn't exist, or B. He didn't do it.

Doesn't anyone ask these sorts of questions? Like for instance Who was bo'jangles? What would be his motive? Is it normal for random killings of children to take place, by people who randomly pass through small towns? What was there to gain from it? If he was a pedophile child rapist then why haven't there been any other reports of children being raped in the area around that time, before and even after? If it was serial killer then why weren't other bodies turning up over the years? Why haven't their been any other cold cases or new cases that anyone can show a relation too the 3 children found murdered?

It's been proven that the majority of serial killers and child predators profile victims and scout out more victims around the surrounding areas for years before they move on, they have very specific methods. Bundy, Ramirez, Gacy, Dahmer, Zodiac, Son of Sam, The Boston Strangler all the infamous serial killers show these repetitive killings. As do child predators act in the same exact manners as serial killers.

And if this bo'jangles isn't a serial killer or child predator then it doesn't make any sense.

I'll give you this, I won't rule out the possibility that this just wasn't a random act of killing and the person just decided to never kill again. But if we are told to accept this as truth, then you might as well pretend your Jim Carrey asking Lauren Holly in the movie Dumb and Dumber if there's a chance she will go out with him, and she replies by saying, more like one in a million. Then Jim Carrey gets all giddy and cheerful and yell's so your telling me there's a chance! Wooo Weee!

Sounds pretty ridiculous huh? Well that's a good comparison.

Oh, and how convenient that bo'jangles is a black male! Even better, do you know the percentage of black pedophiles and black serial killers? Black serial killers are extremely rare. Most black multiple murders are classified as gang, or business related killers, rival drug dealers. Serial killers have very specific M.O's. And blacks in the USA represent between 26&30 percent of the population and less then two percent of classified serial killers. Statistically speaking black serial killers are almost non-existent. It is true that 70-80% of people convicted of crimes in the united states are black. But one has to ask the question, is that a condition of poverty and urban life or psychopathy. In other words, is it their skin color, or their circumstance that drive them to commit their crimes. I'm inclined to think the later. Remember the statistic was based on those convicted of crimes.

This was not the act of a serial killer, let alone a black serial killer. This was not the act of a child predator, afraid of getting caught so he committed a one time murder.

This was, and has every sign of a ritualistic, sacrificial killing!

So you think bo'jangles did it? Show me the proof! I need a motive, it wasn't a drug deal gone bad, it wasn't business related, the children were too you for all of this and they weren't involved in gang activity. Are you really going to believe this media hype? This Hollywood sensationalized story?

You damn straight he hasn't come forward, because he didn't do it. For all we know bo'jangles could be a fabrication from a few people who wanted to get in front of a camera. And of course Byers wife died of mysterious causes, so he did it right? All I'm saying is look at the facts. Ask yourself, when children or teenagers are murdered who usually does it, if the parents weren't involved? The answer is other teenagers and children, you hear of this all the time. It's an actual fact, that you can look up.

Damien has been caught up in so many lies, he's an habitual liar. He said he was raped in prison, that guards beat him till he p***ed blood, that they chipped his teeth. Yet when told his teeth looked fine, he replied to the reporter that his holistic spiritualism and meditations healed him. Since when does spirituality and meditation regrow teeth? Show me a science or medical document that shows someone has been able to do so. Yet were suppose to believe Damien?

Man I'll be the first to admit that these kids are charismatic, and cool looking and intriguing and mysterious and intelligent. It's the charisma and mystery that makes Damien especially that guy you just want to hang out with. I know girls who followed this **** back in the day that thought he was hot, and wished they could get in his pants, hell I know a guy from my area that thought it! He just comes off as that type of person. I mean look at him now!!! Look at who his friends are, Johnny Depp, Eddie Vedder, Henry Rollins, Patti Smith, Peter Jackson! Johnny Depp's his freaking best friend, Damien's a celebrity now. Damien had prophecised, that he would one day be famous, and yes there is proof he said this.

Damien is just that guy, that cool kid we all want to be when were trying to be outsiders, he's like Michael from The Lost Boys, like Manson was to rock music in the mid-late 90's, like Poe was to poetry, like Wes Craven and Stephen King were for horror. Can you see where I'm going with this? He's a cult icon.

I'll leave it at that, if any of my other post are ignored, then I just will not reply to this thread any longer. If any of you want to battle the facts, I will do so.

• Like 3

Maybe there's a one in a million chance he did.

This stuffs real man, I'm telling you Hollywood, Satanism, MKULTRA, Disney, the Illuminati, Freemasons, Fema Camps and mass coffins, Depopulation. It's all true. Like I said I don't know if spiritual forces exist, but I do believe that people are trying to bring prophecy to fruition. Aleister Crowley revolutionized the world and his influence is strong in Hollywood and in media propaganda. Whether you believe it or not, these people believe in magick, and summoning spirits or demons if you will.

Now go ahead and call me a quack, I'm ready. Throw your stones! Fire at will! :) no seriously please do.

A few caveats. I am a Satanist and what the media says to the world about my religion/philosophy is worthy of a second look by most as well. I'll not attempt to derail the thread with this discussion... but it's not what most think it is. We certainly have no rituals that have to do with taking life because the base premise of our philosophy is preservation of life and respect for life (unlike the old testament bible where god commands ritual human and animal sacrifice).

That said, teenagers could certainly misinterpret it (and many have) as it is simple and complex at the same time.

I get the flavor of what you are attempting to convey here. I have the same sort of suspicions that there is much about this case that remains locked away and hidden. I've started re-examining the case myself and read this piece on trutv. An interesting analysis that, to me, seems to lead toward family/friends and away from unknown assailants or strangers.. especially since the victims were apparently treated differently.

On MK-Ultra... people are more easily controlled by their beliefs than by drugs. A steady diet of 20-21st century television is all that's needed to control the masses. That way, everyone has the same 'facts'. If you know about MKUltra then you surely know about Dr. Aquino. He's written a new book, Mind Wars, that I'd suggest reading. I guarantee that you'll be surprised.

Illuminati? To what end?

The premise is that there is a small group of powerful and wealthy people who want to enslave mankind. Why? They already have most of the wealth. So they want to enslave them to fuel the engines of the world... yet they want to depopulate so they'll have to do it for themselves? Just makes little sense to me.

I think the wealthy and powerful do make the rules (by buying governments) and they make them to benefit themselves. I don't think they care much about the bottom 95% as long as there aren't too many riots in the streets that might propose a danger to them.

Edited by mattg
  • Like 1

Maybe because he either. A. Doesn't exist, or B. He didn't do it.

The 'Bojangles' aspect is part of the record of this case, and at the very least, that incident demonstrates incompetency on the part of the WMPD as they collected evidence from that scene and then carelessly and inexplicably lost it.

Regardless, I certainly wouldn't expect you to agree with me on any aspect of the case since from the get-go, our opinions couldn't be further apart.

If any of you want to battle the facts, I will do so.

I won't because I'm not here to "battle". I'm not here to argue or debate. It's also not my intention to try to sway or change opinions.

I'm here to express my own opinion, exchange information, and share knowledge and ideas.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

That said, teenagers could certainly misinterpret it (and many have) as it is simple and complex at the same time.

Illuminati? To what end?

The premise is that there is a small group of powerful and wealthy people who want to enslave mankind. Why? They already have most of the wealth. So they want to enslave them to fuel the engines of the world... yet they want to depopulate so they'll have to do it for themselves? Just makes little sense to me.

I think the wealthy and powerful do make the rules (by buying governments) and they make them to benefit themselves. I don't think they care much about the bottom 95% as long as there aren't too many riots in the streets that might propose a danger to them.

Most certainly teenagers can and will misinterpret all religions, even some adults do this. I remember being a teen myself and being enthralled by mystics, and occultism and a plethora of religions. I've had first hand accounts of animal sacrifices and teenage orgies just on the grounds of vampirism, and witchcraft or what they would call black magic. Which is interesting because Wicca has nothing to do with animal sacrifice, it's mostly about preserving nature and loving nature. Everything is open to misinterpretation when it comes to teenagers and religion. I'm not saying all teenagers are like this, I'm just saying it happens. I know this may sound outlandish but my distant cousin native to the area I'm from, had started a blood cult or a Vampire cult, where they would go out kill animals, and have sex, and use drugs. They would all carry a book of shadows, which is derived from Wicca, because that's where they would keep their spells. They would cut their arms and drink blood and all kind of crazy stuff, I went to a few meetings myself when I was younger because I wanted to see how stupid they were. Plus I was studying religions myself such as Satanism, Buddhism, and Taoism and reading some books about the Mothman, Ghost and spiritual hauntings and a ton of stuff on Ancient Astronaut theory.

Today Derrick is grown up and his movie scripts for time traveling vampires vs aliens and the spirit of an evil serial killing twin luring teenagers on a camping trip of death, just never came about. His vampire cult also faded away, along with his brash, attitude and silly reasoning. Today he is quite, very humble, and wise adult who works at an Arby's restraunt serving countless customers, spending the majority of his time with his wife cooking, and keeping their cozy cottage clean.

In his spare time he works on his dream to bring about Gothic Kung Fu.

As far as the illuminati go's, I don't think it's the slavery of mankind that they want. I think it has more to do with depopulation because of the depletion of natural resources, and they can repopulate the earth how they see fit. Just my opinion on it. Obviously if I were to make a valid argument I would offer resources to showcase the evidence. But that's not my goal here, my goal is just to open ones mind so they can research this stuff themselves, I'm don't want to be portrayed as a teacher or preacher, that's not my type of occupation, I'd rather instead offer pieces of information and suggestions to let one draw his or her own conclusions.

Edited by The Nameless One
  • Like 1

I've read up on this case a little and it's a zinger. Yes, the Bojangles man is an odd coincidence, but he could have been muddy, bloody and disoriented from being beaten up by someone. If we're gonna do hypotheticals, the guy could have been a mentally unstable homeless guy who got the crap beaten out of him for no reason. There's no proof that happened but there's no proof this guy did it, either.

I agree there are alot of inconsistencies in this case. I agree the cops screwed up. It is a tragic situation that I'm hoping one day will find complete closure. As for the WM3 guilt or innocence, from what I've seen, the evidence could point either way. Depends on what you place more credence in.

• Like 1

cmon , it had to be bojangles

Bojangles description (summary from police log notes and 5/6 report):

• Late 20's.
  • 5'11
  • Thin
  • Blue cast with white Velcro on his right arm.
  • Blue denim sleeveless shirt
  • Black shoes
  • Black thin warm up pants.
  • Disoriented, bleeding.

michael_scott_photo.JPG

Who is this, CLO? Is Michael Scott alleged to be" Mr. Bojangles," alleged killer? I've read much on this case and viewed the films, but I don't remember that Bojang was ever in custody, much less dressed for wounds he could have received in the triple murder. What am I missing?

Been reading up on this a little more, as I, too, saw the documentary espousing their innocence. However, in examining the facts available on line, I have decided that the below website gives the best, most credible evidence taken directly from the police and the investigation.

And the Bojangles theory doesn't hold much credibility in retrospect because I do not feel that one person could have detained and subdued 3 boys. And that's quite a bit of sexual assault for one person to commit, as well.

http://www.westmemphisthreefacts.com/

• Like 1

However, in examining the facts available on line, I have decided that the below website gives the best, most credible evidence taken directly from the police and the investigation.

In my opinion, the following link is to a site which offers by far, the most comprehensive and in depth research available.

http://www.jivepuppi.com

And the Bojangles theory doesn't hold much credibility in retrospect because I do not feel that one person could have detained and subdued 3 boys. And that's quite a bit of sexual assault for one person to commit, as well.

No one suggested that Bojangles acted alone. Also, it's possible he could have been a witness.

Regardless, I think it would depend on the circumstances and/or perp as to whether or not one person could have subdued three boys.

Re: sexual assault, even though the bodies were nude, there was no evidence of sexual assault.

Former FBI criminal profiler, John Douglas, analyzed this case and categorized it as a Personal Cause Homicide.

In his book, Law& Disorder, he explains the category as "an act of interpersonal aggression that results in the death of a person or persons who may or may not be known to the offender.

The homicide is not motivated by material gain or sex and is not sanctioned by a group. It is the result of an underlying emotional conflict that propels the offender to kill."

Re: this case, Douglas went on to explain: "This did not start out to be a murder. It was perpetrated by someone whose initial intent was not to kill the victims, but rather to taunt, punish, and/or 'teach them a lesson.' The reason for this conclusion is that the offender did not immediately kill the victims. They were alive for some time as they were being stripped and hog-tied. It is my opinion the offender went too far with his taunting and punishment and knew he would be implicated if he let the children go free because he knew the victims and lived in the immediate area."

(When Douglas says "immediate area", he's referring to the same neighborhood in which the children lived. There are other elements to the crime scene which indicate that the offender knew the victims and lived in the immediate area.)

Edited by regi
  • Like 1