Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who Changed Petraeus Memo?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/

And you can diss the source all you like - the facts just have a way of dribbling out though.  THIS one will NOT pass without a plausible answer.  Benghazigate lives.....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,409 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Now, I wonder why Fox had a reporter in a closed door session of the intelligence committee, because the word al-Qaeda happens to appear nowhere in the Senators' statements. They just said:

Senator King said:

He now clearly believes that it [the Sept. 11 attack] did not arise out of a demonstration, that it was not spontaneous and it was clear terrorist involvement

Senator McCain said:

I think it was important; it added to our ability to make judgments about what is clearly a failure of intelligence. He described his actions and that of his agency, their interaction with other agencies, and I appreciate his service and his candor

Does not sound like anybody changed any memo at the time... except on the Fox News desk...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Now, I wonder why Fox had a reporter in a closed door session of the intelligence committee, because the word al-Qaeda happens to appear nowhere in the Senators' statements. They just said:

Does not sound like anybody changed any memo at the time... except on the Fox News desk...
If that can be proven then there are at least a half dozen competing news stations who will report the facts of it.  So far no contradiction with proof.  Benghazigate lives!  And the best anyone seems to be able to do is cast doubt on the sources of the ONLT entity that is even interested in why a US ambassador and his protectors were murdered.  Or is that an unsubstantiated rumour subject to endless investigation as well?

#4    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Here's the CNN article on it. Sounds like there was some debate about what cause the events since there was both a protest and an attack. Which seems rather understandable. In past attacks on US diplomatic buildings it was fairly clear what was going on so this does seem like a unique situation.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#5    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

What made the "talking points" classified was the fact that it "named" 2 terror groups that may have been involved with the murders.  What Amb Susan Rice got was the "unclassified talking points" which had deleted the "names" as the white house deemed terrorism over and wanted to blame everything on the anti muslim video.

Obama said Rice had nothing to do with Benghazi, then why was "she" pushed out in front of the cameras to spew a false memo?

Where was Obama at the time of the attack?  He was giving a paternatity test as a result of a lawsuit.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,409 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postand then, on 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

If that can be proven then there are at least a half dozen competing news stations who will report the facts of it.  So far no contradiction with proof.  Benghazigate lives!  And the best anyone seems to be able to do is cast doubt on the sources of the ONLT entity that is even interested in why a US ambassador and his protectors were murdered.  Or is that an unsubstantiated rumour subject to endless investigation as well?

Bjengazigate will be alive just as the Kennedy-Murder-Conspiracy gate and the We-Did-Not-Land-On-The-Moon-gate and the CIA-Bombed-World-Trade-Center-gate... it just won't change anything about the facts.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,409 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostPyridium, on 16 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

What made the "talking points" classified was the fact that it "named" 2 terror groups that may have been involved with the murders.  What Amb Susan Rice got was the "unclassified talking points" which had deleted the "names" as the white house deemed terrorism over and wanted to blame everything on the anti muslim video.

Obama said Rice had nothing to do with Benghazi, then why was "she" pushed out in front of the cameras to spew a false memo?

Where was Obama at the time of the attack?  He was giving a paternatity test as a result of a lawsuit.

Which, if true (because that then happened in the Illinois State Capitol), just shows that not even a president is above the law. What is your problem?

about me

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostPyridium, on 16 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Exactly where in the proceeding so far is the evidence that the "white house" deemed terrorism over and wanted to blame everything on the anti muslim video?.

CNN has reported in it's "fact finding" segment that the deleted "names" were done by the intelligence agencies to protect sources and because they had yet to verify the involvement of an al qaeda affiliated terrorist organisation - read unlikely to every to do so if their source was publically compromised before all facts could be gathered in the field.

Edited by libstaK, 17 November 2012 - 10:30 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

The White House knew from the very frist hour the attack was from a terrorist  group affilated with Al quda, and not a spontaeous attack from protesters to a flim.   Everyone told them, the white house even was sent emails that night from the group. I `d have to agree with Pyridium the white house deemed terrorism over and wanted to blame everything on the anti muslim video.

#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,434 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

It is fascinating how skillfully the CIA plays the media.

#11    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I think this is what andthen wanted to bring to the op....

http://www.theblaze....from-the-start/
a CIA analyst with Petraeus testified that the agency’s talking points for the White House immediately after the attack were specific about Al-Qaeda terrorist involvement but that the line was apparently removed from the final version of events.

Posted Image

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,976 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

someone shot my neighbors dog...  the person that did it must have 'ties' to Al Qaeiouda.

HOGWASH

Edited by lightly, 19 November 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

There was a time in the US when other countries would not dream of challenging us, let alone KILLING a US ambassador.  Obviously that time is gone, in fact even citizens in our country seem willing to blame US for what they are doing to us.  When politics becomes more important than defending the integrity of our self defense then we are in trouble.

#14    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,009 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

View Postand then, on 19 November 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

There was a time in the US when other countries would not dream of challenging us, let alone KILLING a US ambassador.

When was that?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users