Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

I tried to find out more about Scott Carpenter from some independent source and there isn't very much. Not sure if it's because he has the same name as the Astronaut.

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 09 May 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Keep in mind Rafterman, snipers depend on their ability to blend into their surroundings and disappear. I've had to do a similar thing a time or two in my life and at one point I could have reached out and grabbed the leg of an NVA regular who was looking for me. That's how close we were. Mind you, I'm not ready to jump on the believer band wagon on this one just yet. I need to see the entire video first.

Oh absolutely.  I spent the first 20 years of my life living and playing in the woods of Mississippi and could hide so well that the average person wouldn't see me if I were 2 feet in front of them.  So, yes it is possible.

But I was also thinking, what's the one Bigfoot trait that every bigfoot hunter talks about - yep, the SMELL.  A smell so putrid that it could be nothing else but Bigfoot according to most researchers.  That would kind of make it hard to hide one foot off of a trail if you ask me.

View PostQuiteContrary, on 09 May 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

And he's part of Ketchum's DNA study.

I noticed that.  Blows a big hole in his credibility if you ask me.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostRafterman, on 09 May 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Oh absolutely.  I spent the first 20 years of my life living and playing in the woods of Mississippi and could hide so well that the average person wouldn't see me if I were 2 feet in front of them.  So, yes it is possible.

But I was also thinking, what's the one Bigfoot trait that every bigfoot hunter talks about - yep, the SMELL.  A smell so putrid that it could be nothing else but Bigfoot according to most researchers.  That would kind of make it hard to hide one foot off of a trail if you ask me.

But, would a human or an animal be drawn to a scent like that? It may not help in keeping itself hidden, but I wouldn't want to just walk up to an incredibly smelly spot and have a big whiff.

It'd be repulsive to me. But to each their own, i guess.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#19    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I I can't watch the video at the moment and I don't have the time, but stealth Bigfoot sounds ridiculous to me. Let's give him more abilities that help cover-up his existence despite the fact we have countless videos and photos of him.

When I get the chance, I'll see if I can watch it.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#20    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 09 May 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

But, would a human or an animal be drawn to a scent like that? It may not help in keeping itself hidden, but I wouldn't want to just walk up to an incredibly smelly spot and have a big whiff.

It'd be repulsive to me. But to each their own, i guess.

My point is that how can this Carpenter guy NOT KNOW that he is in the presence of one if, indeed, the stench is so bad?  Since it's such a common trait, I'm certain that a noted Bigfoot researcher (on the Ketchum DNA team in fact) would know instantly that he was anywhere within a few hundred feet of Bigfoot, much less walking by in p***ing distance from him.

Edited by Rafterman, 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,468 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'd buy a camouflaged human (or stuffed Teddy) long before I'd buy a very large bigfoot creature on the edge of a trail in some sort of "stealth mode".
Nevermind, we can see absolutely no solid video evidence of any creature, human or cryptid, behind him. (See my signature quote from keninsc)

Imo, he appears to live in a cryptid dreamworld, and talks quietly for fear of waking up.

This guy is a troubling odd duck, imo. And I should know, as it takes one to know one.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 May 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#22    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostRafterman, on 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

My point is that how can this Carpenter guy NOT KNOW that he is in the presence of one if, indeed, the stench is so bad?  Since it's such a common trait, I'm certain that a noted Bigfoot researcher (on the Ketchum DNA team in fact) would know instantly that he was anywhere within a few hundred feet of Bigfoot, much less walking by in p***ing distance from him.

It's funny you mention that, as I was watching an old Monster Quest about the Swamp Ape, the other day.
Anyway, one eye-witness described the Swamp Ape as smelling like rotten eggs, sulphur, and a wet long haired dog that had spent the night in a goat pen. A typical Swamp Ape description.

Then they interviewed the Native People there who described THEIR legendary "hairy wild man who lives in the woods" as having a sweet smell!

Why such a huge discrepancy if talking about the same creature?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 May 2013 - 11:18 PM.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#23    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Simple, Bigfoot come in a variety of flavors and smells.

#24    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 May 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Simple, Bigfoot come in a variety of flavors and smells.

White man's Bigfoot-like creatures, yes.

The hairy men of this Native American legend, not.

Yet footers claim they are one in the same, attempting to make bigfoot historical rather than a recent modern-day phenomenon.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 10 May 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 10 May 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

White man's Bigfoot-like creatures, yes.

The hairy men of this Native American legend, not.

Yet footers claim they are one in the same, attempting to make bigfoot historical rather than a recent modern-day phenomenon.

To be honest, if one were to note all of the inconsistencies with Bigfoot lore, the list would probably be as long as your arm.

#26    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostRafterman, on 10 May 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

To be honest, if one were to note all of the inconsistencies with Bigfoot lore, the list would probably be as long as your arm.

That is for sure. Bigfoot evolves right before our eyes.

edit to add:

But in this case, the local Swamp Ape, they were attempting to connect NA legend with current sightings, even though one is described as smelling sweet and the other is often described the opposite.       ??

Edited by QuiteContrary, 10 May 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#27    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 10 May 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

That is for sure. Bigfoot evolves right before our eyes.

edit to add:

But in this case, the local Swamp Ape, they were attempting to connect NA legend with current sightings, even though one is described as smelling sweet and the other is often described the opposite.    ??

It's important to point out, however, that the "sweet smell" was not reported until AFTER the 18 wheeler full of Drakkar crashed in the Everglades.

#28    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Has any evidence of bigfoot been found yet?
Someone let me know when some shows up please. I'll wait.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#29    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostRafterman, on 10 May 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

It's important to point out, however, that the "sweet smell" was not reported until AFTER the 18 wheeler full of Drakkar crashed in the Everglades.

The Swamp Ape population went up too.

#30    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Swamp gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users