Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Ghost Photographed in Champions League game?

porto paris saint germain champions league football

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,065 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postrachelkleypassparrow, on 29 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think it is real. If you exaamine the full photo-it would be hard to fake the photo.
Would you please post or link to the full photo you examined?

There is too much going on in the photo
That doesn't make any sense.  It wouldn't matter what's going on in the full photo outside the cropped region shown in the OP.  There could be a battle between Superman and General Zod throwing chunks of the stadium at each other in the full photo and it wouldn't matter.  All that matters is what's going on in the area of the photo you're trying to Photoshop something into.

I take it you don't know how to use Photoshop?

I don't think this is a Photoshop BTW.  I think it's just a kid in the stands and I don't know why anyone thinks it's a ghost.  Is it because his clothes look a bit old-fashioned?  Maybe his parents are the kind of parents who insist on dressing their kids oddly like making them wear something formal to a soccer match.  Or maybe the detail is too low to tell exactly what he's wearing.

Seriously, why is this considered a ghost by anyone?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 29 August 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Would you please post or link to the full photo you examined?

That doesn't make any sense.  It wouldn't matter what's going on in the full photo outside the cropped region shown in the OP.  There could be a battle between Superman and General Zod throwing chunks of the stadium at each other in the full photo and it wouldn't matter.  All that matters is what's going on in the area of the photo you're trying to Photoshop something into.

I take it you don't know how to use Photoshop?

I don't think this is a Photoshop BTW.  I think it's just a kid in the stands and I don't know why anyone thinks it's a ghost.  Is it because his clothes look a bit old-fashioned?  Maybe his parents are the kind of parents who insist on dressing their kids oddly like making them wear something formal to a soccer match.  Or maybe the detail is too low to tell exactly what he's wearing.

Seriously, why is this considered a ghost by anyone?

I agree Jesse.  To me it looks like the photo of a young girl wearing a white shirt - nothing strange about that. She's simply standing in the shadow of the large guy next to her.  If you look at the rest of the photo, you see similar shadow areas and the only difference is that no one is standing in them.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Some one did some research...

http://thesciencebit...actually-a-man/

Edited by Brian Topp, 29 August 2013 - 11:54 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#19    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 August 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Now the fun starts - how many more will post "I definitely think it's a ghost" without reading the rest of the thread.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,357 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

Now I kind of feel sorry for the guy that said it was a poor photoshop, and explained why........Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

What is even worse, the guy who claims " I have taken many paranormal pictures " and said it looks real to him.......Ouch, that does leave a mark.

Good job Brian......To bad people are lazy, and most will not even read your reply, or the one below it, or this one, to know this is solved. But, a few of us did, and say :

Good Job, Topic Solved By Brian Topp !!!!!!!!!!

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Don't think so. It totally LOOKS fake.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#22    cacoseraph

cacoseraph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• this user is both more and less wrathful and more and less clever than he seems

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 24 October 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

How long do you reckon it'll be before we get the predictable "It's a ghost app" or "It's photoshopped" posts?

the time should approach zero for such clumsy work as this :)

#23    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostSakari, on 30 August 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Now I kind of feel sorry for the guy that said it was a poor photoshop, and explained why........Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

What is even worse, the guy who claims " I have taken many paranormal pictures " and said it looks real to him.......Ouch, that does leave a mark.

Good job Brian......To bad people are lazy, and most will not even read your reply, or the one below it, or this one, to know this is solved. But, a few of us did, and say :

Good Job, Topic Solved By Brian Topp !!!!!!!!!!

yeah lol, sad when people don't bother reading the replies

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#24    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Shadowed areas can look weird when you're cropping something at a camera's maximum resolution when it's set for high ISO (indoor sports). This "ghost" had dark skin and was in the shadow of people around him. The camera (or photographer) raised the contrast which turned what would have been a dark featureless silhouette into something that just barely looked like a person.

#25    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,065 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Video has been deleted.  Dang.

However, here's a picture of the fan in question.  Just an old person sitting down watching a soccer game.

Posted Image

I don't know what annoys me more, people who leap to the conclusion that it's a ghost or those who jump to the conclusion that it's a Photoshop.  

[edited to finish the last sentence]

Edited by JesseCuster, 30 August 2013 - 06:09 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#26    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 30 August 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

However, here's a picture of the fan in question.  Just an old guy sitting down watching a soccer game.

Posted Image

Still looks like a ghost to me. ;)

#27    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Poor woman......imagine reading the headlines and seeing that people think you are a ghost!
lol

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#28    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

since this have been proven that this is not a ghost, can ee close this thread?

#29    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,357 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 30 August 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

since this have been proven that this is not a ghost, can ee close this thread?

Brought that up before......If something is solved, topic should be closed with a big ass red " SOLVED " next to it.....

I also think this forum should have something over every topic asking people to read all replies before replying,  as yours may have been posted all ready, or your question has been answered all ready.

There should be a point system, everyone gets 5 chances to reply with something all ready asked. After each time, a warning, then maybe a 1 week suspension, then 2, then a lifetime. Myself, I would be at 3, maybe 2 points, but I would make damn sure I read everything.

Anyway, none of this will happen Brian, it has been asked before.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#30    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

LOL How funny was this?  Glad to say I read the whole of this thread and it has been most entertaining.  :yes:

Ok the thread can close now.  hee hee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users