Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dating Game' serial killer accused

Keel M.

NEW YORK - A man already convicted and on California's death row for the decades-old murders of four women and a 12-year-old girl now faces charges in the slayings of two Manhattan women in the 1970s.

Rodney Alcala was scheduled for arraignment Thursday for the deaths of Trans World Airlines flight attendant Cornelia Crilley and aspiring researcher Ellen Hover, both 23.

It was unclear who would represent Alcala or even whether he would have a lawyer. A former photographer with an IQ said to top 160, Alcala represented himself at his California trial that ended with his convictions in 2010 for the five murders. He is appealing.

Full story

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. :)

Wouldn't surprise me if he committed murders in other states. Police found over 100 pictures of women and girls in his locker, it's obvious to me that he was one of these killers who went from State to State, committing crimes in different areas a la Ted Bundy.

To learn more about the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pDjM3niO0&feature=related

• Like 1

Now that's a scary guy. I wonder what the woman from the Dating Game is thinking now. It doesn't say if he used his real name or not but I'm thinking he did. All those pictures found in his storage locker. I hope people come forward to identify them. They don't necessarily have to be deceased just because he took a pic, and many may not even know the pic exists. I'd be creeped to no end to find out mine was in there.

Now that's a scary guy. I wonder what the woman from the Dating Game is thinking now. It doesn't say if he used his real name or not but I'm thinking he did. All those pictures found in his storage locker. I hope people come forward to identify them. They don't necessarily have to be deceased just because he took a pic, and many may not even know the pic exists. I'd be creeped to no end to find out mine was in there.

He did use his real name; you can see him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uf95INZmWI

She didn't go on the date in the end, apparently because she found him "creepy".

• Like 1

I think I have said something like this before. What bothers me the most about serial killers is that we may have actually only caught the "stupid" ones. What we don't know is how many are out there "forensically attuned" to paraphrase Aphrodite from the earlier vid, and playing law enforcement like a violin.

I shudder to think what the underbelly of the "civilised" world really looks like quite frankly. Lock your doors and keep a close eye on your children and loved ones people, the lunatics really might be running the assylum.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3