Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Do you have a Personality Disorder?


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

For those of you unfamiliar with Personality Disorders I can recommend this article from the NHS website: http://www.nhs.uk/co...Definition.aspx

Is anyone brave enough to admit they have been officially diagnosed with a Personality Disorder (PD)? The reason I say 'brave enough' is because there is alot of stigma attached to the diagnosis of PD.


#2    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

yes i do but it's mild i've been able to better myself over the years.


#3    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 August 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

yes i do but it's mild i've been able to better myself over the years.

Better yourself? So didn't you have any assistance from the medical profession? You don't have to tell of course! Thanks for sharing BTW :tsu:


#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,866 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Not PD, but crippling anxiety off and on my entire life.


#5    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 27 August 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Not PD, but crippling anxiety off and on my entire life.

Sorry to hear that.


#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,407 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I don't have one yet but I'm working on it.


#7    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostBling Zombie, on 27 August 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Better yourself? So didn't you have any assistance from the medical profession? You don't have to tell of course! Thanks for sharing BTW :tsu:

No i dont like therapists and i dont take medication lol, ive had anger issues for the better part of my life and when i say anger i mean rage, as well as abusing drugs and alcohol, unstable relationships all that fun stuff. My boxing coach as well as the sport itself has been able to calm me over the years its been alot easier to control my emotions, my anger and depression to be more specific and in healthier ways too. I no longer blow up on people for little things and i no longer spend days in bed brooding and sad. theres still some days where its hard i doubt i'll ever be able to be completely "normal" but i dont stress myself out trying to be anymore.

everything else i did on my own and it will always be a bit of a battle but i'd rather the bit of a battle than what i was before then.


#8    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 August 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

No i dont like therapists and i dont take medication lol, ive had anger issues for the better part of my life and when i say anger i mean rage, as well as abusing drugs and alcohol, unstable relationships all that fun stuff. My boxing coach as well as the sport itself has been able to calm me over the years its been alot easier to control my emotions, my anger and depression to be more specific and in healthier ways too. I no longer blow up on people for little things and i no longer spend days in bed brooding and sad. theres still some days where its hard i doubt i'll ever be able to be completely "normal" but i dont stress myself out trying to be anymore.

everything else i did on my own and it will always be a bit of a battle but i'd rather the bit of a battle than what i was before then.

Have you been officially diagnosed as was my original question? I have known alot of people self diagnosing which is problematic when you are dealing with Personality Disorders....due to the very nature of Personality Disorders!


#9    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

oh well then yes i have i thought you meant have i gone to get help for it lol *blushes* silly me


#10    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Iron Lotus I meant both - have you been officially and diagnosed and have you had help for it. So you've answered both thanks!


#11    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,666 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

It's an interesting topic but a little reminder to those who share that it's just with your closest million friends and authorities :)

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#12    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Postand then, on 27 August 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

It's an interesting topic but a little reminder to those who share that it's just with your closest million friends and authorities :)

So what's wrong with that? Don't you think the stigma and misunderstanding attached to it should be addressed? That won't be done if everyone with a PD hides away in shame and fear. No one has to own up, but for those that do, I don't think reminding them that their friends and authorities would be entitled to an opinion whether positive or negative is helpful.


#13    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    dimple

  • Member
  • 10,116 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes, I have *holds hand up*
I read your link and just about everything applies to me in some degree, lol! Seriously though, I have been diagnosed with clinical depression. I have severe social anxiety problems(I very rarely go out), I struggle with any sort of relationship(emotionally detached) etc etc.
I have been on anti-depressants in the past(for years), I have had therapy and homeopathy.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#14    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Annwyn

  • Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

W T F how dare you ask you ba@#ted actualy I do think your very nice F&^k off who said that, how did I end up here oh god the voices the voices.  :w00t:


#15    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Is major depression, PTSD and anxiety a personality disorder?

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users