Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HOLD THE PRESS (WISPA) IS BACK

chemical-licker

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20071010/tuk-...-dba1618_1.html

Eighties favourite - the Wispa - is back by popular demand.

Cadbury has agreed to re-launch the chocolate bar in response to calls from internet campaigners.

It is putting around 23 million Wispas on sale from this week, four years after the bar was dropped due to declining sales.

More than 14,000 Facebook members lobbied the confectionary giant to "bring back Wispa".

Online campaigns were also held on social networking sites Bebo, MySpace and YouTube.

Wispa bars were launched as trial product in the Tyne Tees area in 1981 and rolled out nationally two years later.

Their return has been welcomed by actress Rula Lenska, who appeared in one of the original Wispa commercials alongside then-husband Dennis Waterman.

She said: "It is bringing back an iconic thing from the Eighties due to huge public demand. It was certainly my beloved chocolate bar then and I was devastated to see it go. But as so often happens, the good things do tend to come back in a circle."

Describing the 1980s, she added: "It was probably one of the happiest times of my life. I knew who I was, my career was going well and I had a young, very beautiful daughter. It was a really great time for music, fashion, everything really."

IS THIS CADBURYS MADE? DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• Sassages

• Bill Hill

• explorer

Top Posters In This Topic

[

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! *dances round room*

My favourite choccy treat back on the shelves!

Yes, it's Cadburys, only could be Cadbury's they're the bestest ever chocolate makers.

Now if only I could start a campaign for bringing back Cadbury's Cabana and those little sweet snack/crisp thingies called Hanky Panky, I would be a very happy (and much fatter) person...

Ooooh! Ooooh!

I just remembered WISPA GOLD, the one with the caramel centre and WISPA BITE, the one with the caramel and biscuity centre....

Oh yummo!

it is cadburys,linked-image i thought so, this has now made me mad :angry: im boycotting linked-imagecadburys since they sold out and moving to poland.

Yay Wispa! It's like an aero, but more intense!

Wispa, i'd rather have a crunchie or flake, i wonder if the price of Cadburys chocolate will now come down seeing that production is moving to Poland. a little story about Cadburys, when i was younger about age 7 i was bought a bar of Chocolate, but when i opened the wrapper the chocolate was white and soft'ish, my mum sent the bar back to Cadburys customer service and a week later we got an letter of apology and vouchers worth £40 for any chocolate in the Cadburys range, the next day in school i was like the milky bar kid.

(even though milky bar wasnt one of the chocolates)

Wispa, i'd rather have a crunchie or flake, i wonder if the price of Cadburys chocolate will now come down seeing that production is moving to Poland. a little story about Cadburys, when i was younger about age 7 i was bought a bar of Chocolate, but when i opened the wrapper the chocolate was white and soft'ish, my mum sent the bar back to Cadburys customer service and a week later we got an letter of apology and vouchers worth £40 for any chocolate in the Cadburys range, the next day in school i was like the milky bar kid.

(even though milky bar wasnt one of the chocolates)

£40 worth of chocolate! Heaven when you're a kid... actually, heaven when you're an adult, unless it's from Hotel Chocolat, in which case you'd only get a little box of choccies...

Lolling at Milky Bar Kid, how cool was that!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20071010/tuk-...-dba1618_1.html

Cadbury has agreed to re-launch the chocolate bar in response to calls from internet campaigners.

It is putting around 23 million Wispas on sale from this week, four years after the bar was dropped due to declining sales.

More than 14,000 Facebook members lobbied the confectionary giant to "bring back Wispa".

Online campaigns were also held on social networking sites Bebo, MySpace and YouTube.

Wispa bars were launched as trial product in the Tyne Tees area in 1981 and rolled out nationally two years later.

Their return has been welcomed by actress Rula Lenska, who appeared in one of the original Wispa commercials alongside then-husband Dennis Waterman.

She said: "It is bringing back an iconic thing from the Eighties due to huge public demand. It was certainly my beloved chocolate bar then and I was devastated to see it go. But as so often happens, the good things do tend to come back in a circle."

Describing the 1980s, she added: "It was probably one of the happiest times of my life. I knew who I was, my career was going well and I had a young, very beautiful daughter. It was a really great time for music, fashion, everything really."

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/en/ctb2003/

Why is George Michael's face covered with chocolate?

Because he was careless with his Wispa

(Perhaps you have to be a bit older to get this :) )

Had a Wispa over the weekend, and had been wondering if they had disappeared..... Love them and good to have back :)

Ha ha haaa...!

Actually I think he was carefree unwrapping someone elses wispa, wasn't he? We need mod guidance on what constitutes a world affair or current event, because, 'HOLD THE PRESS (WISPA) IS BACK...' looks ridiculous next to 'Plot to Kill Putin' or 'Australian PM Howard sets election'. A bit like the front pages of most newspapers?

Ha ha haaa...!

Actually I think he was carefree unwrapping someone elses wispa, wasn't he? We need mod guidance on what constitutes a world affair or current event, because, 'HOLD THE PRESS (WISPA) IS BACK...' looks ridiculous next to 'Plot to Kill Putin' or 'Australian PM Howard sets election'. A bit like the front pages of most newspapers?

The return of the wispa is more relevant to me than a plot to kill putin or austrailian Pm setting election. Maybe that's just me. I'm glad it's back.

World news? Let me guess muslims want to ban wispa..

I'm just kidding, this is important.I didn't realise they'd stopped making them in the first place.

I am going to start campaigns to bring back Texans (hold on bald eagle) and to make Turkish Delights and Curly-Wurlys bigger, with thicker coats of chocolate.

Edited by Moon Monkey

I am going to start campaigns to bring back Texans (hold on bald eagle) and to make Turkish Delights and Curly-Wurlys bigger, with thicker coats of chocolate.

Hell yeah, the Texan bar! Wow, that takes me back,

I'm a little boy again "Please mum can I have a texan bar... don't hit me...again for no obvious reason"

linked-image

Hold it... I know this should be in the sightings section but---

Confirmed sighting: Nestle Texan bar

Posted: 12:13 Thu 18-Aug-2005. Price: 40p. Location: Texaco garage, Essex Road,

LINKY

Hell yeah, the Texan bar! Wow, that takes me back,

I'm a little boy again "Please mum can I have a texan bar... don't hit me...again for no obvious reason"

linked-image

Hold it... I know this should be in the sightings section but---

Confirmed sighting: Nestle Texan bar

Posted: 12:13 Thu 18-Aug-2005. Price: 40p. Location: Texaco garage, Essex Road,

LINKY

that must be one old-ass texan bar !!

Ha ha haaa...!

Wheres your sense of humourlinked-image

This article clearly belongs in back page news...

I have no idea why people think a product that is going to make them fat and even maybe give them diabetes is a God send. I swear this place needs a board for the sh*tty food eaters of UM.

Lentil eater alert.

linked-image the trouble with veggies linked-image

LMAO I haven't seen a 'Dutch cover' reference in a long ass time.

Lentil eater alert.

What's wrong with Lentils?

===

I am in no way a veggie head although I do eat a lot of them I also eat chicken and fish etc. I just don't eat shat food that will make me sick or worse DIE.

A wispa wont kill you, but it will make you glad to be alive!

And the return of the wispa IS far more important than *insert random politician here*. Despite what they think they rarely effect my life, but a wispa can make my day.

Wheres your sense of humourlinked-image

It's at the start of my last post, but my sense of humour was far less tickled than my sense of irony toward a thread about a choc bar, from a company you're boycotting, posted amongst World Events. Do not pass go. Go directly to the world of the bizarre.