Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre fish: It walks and breaths on earth

Ligia Cabus

Bizarre and dangerous fish: It walks, breaths on earth, hunts, kill and eat

USA. A northern snakehead, an invasive predator fish native to China, Korea and Russia, was recently discovered in a Central Park lake. ...Snakeheads can also breathe air and can survive for days out of the water in damp conditions.... NBC News reports that the snakehead fish, which has razor-sharp teeth and eats frogs, crayfish, birds and even small pets, threatens to disrupt the ecosystem.

MORE

http://www.isciencet...enfish-find.htm

Mmm, let's serve em up! :P That dish shown looks delish. :yes:

yes indeed it is .... its also a recommended traditional natural postpartum / post surgery diet , helps healing and a detox agent

.... is the bioactive and therapeutic agent in formulation of all the products. As expected, HTE sustained all biochemical profile of Haruan C striatus a traditional remedy to help patients heal from post surgical wounds and internal injuries with a good amino and fatty acid profile, necessary in facilitating wound healing. HTE is also having high percentages of Glycine and Cystine, as well as Arachidonic (AA; 20:4ω6) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA; 22:6ω3). Furthermore, In Vitro as well as In Vivo animal models shows HTE exhibits the following biomedical activities namely anti-nociceptive, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, inhibit cancer cell lines, inducing stem cell proliferation, stimulating platelet aggregation and enhancing cognitive functioning.

link

~edit : added link

Edited by third_eye

Congee.....mmmmmmmmm....

• Like 1

I should eat more fish, as I know how healthy they can be.

But, if I saw a fish walking in the woods, I think I would scream first then shoot it.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Is that particular fish "part mammal" that it can breath for a few hours on land in a high humidity environment?

Or maybe it just has advanced gills to extract oxygen from high humidity air.

In any event, curious creature to be sure.

I should eat more fish, as I know how healthy they can be.

But, if I saw a fish walking in the woods, I think I would scream first then shoot it.

What more could a sportsman ask? Fish for them in the morning and hunt them in the afternoon :w00t:
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Is that particular fish "part mammal" that it can breath for a few hours on land in a high humidity environment?

Or maybe it just has advanced gills to extract oxygen from high humidity air.

In any event, curious creature to be sure.

The creature captured the oxygen from the air because it has gills and other organs adapted for this kind of situation, to be on the earth.

"They breathe air with gills as well as with suprabranchial organs developing when [or while] they grow older" WIKIPEDIA -1 & WIKIPEDIA 2 (Giant Snakehead)

• Like 1

Thanks. :yes:

these things are nasty. and are showing up in lakes in the southern states

post-108562-0-44530600-1313756335_thumb.

My own little whopper of a monster ... that's my slipper next to the 3kg plus fine eating of a fish