Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The madness of king george

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,838 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Saddam Hussein no longer terrorizes Iraq; the country has a chance at a normal history.
Maybe we can have seance for the 0.5million dead and ask their opinion whether they thank the Americans for their "Liberation".
Maybe ask the children still dying from mutations induced by munitions fall out.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#17    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,838 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 March 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

What's a graft? Who whines about salaries? Thought that was your ilk. And yes, most foreign aid is absurd. This chicken plant thing, I don't get it or what you're really talking about. Ok, the Iraq war and the madness of king George I might get. A two Illinois dollar chicken plant and the madness of king George, I don't. What the hell are you talking about? What's your point?
Most of the post liberation "rebuilding" work was pork barral contracts to favoured defence contractors at grossly inflated prices to the American state and the Iraq state. No fair tendering processes were allowed and perfectly capable Iraq engineering companies who could have done the same work at a tiny fraction of the cost were specifically bared from tendering.
The coincidence is that most of those favoured contractors had board members who were tied directly to the Bush cabinet.

The War was extremely profitable for Bushes cronies - extremely destructive of Iraq industry and expertise - and almost all of the rebuilding work was half finished or substandard.

The whole war smacks of corruption from start to finish. Let us not forget for a minuet the people who died to enrich Bushes inner circle of corporate contacts.

Sickening to the core.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,563 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hey I'm all about condemning wasteful spending. It's just astonishing that some people will justify spending on so many things on such a higher scale than $2M yet years and years old news about an unnecessary chicken plant is all of the sudden shocking. I'm sure there are bigger and worse things to justify the legend of the Madness of King George. The title is very dramatic.

Posted Image

#19    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,294 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 09 March 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

When did he refer himself as king? I would like to know.

and then: The left is always going to blame Bush for everything.

I don't blame Bush..   Bush never had an idea in his life.  I blame Cheney, Rumsfeld,  and many others , but not King George.   If the purpose was to remove Saddam and install a new government..  that could have been done without destroying the infrastructure , including water supplies,  and fomenting a civil war on purpose to make the "war" look legit.  Everything  possible was done to make people  RETURN fire!     Remember the green glowing images of   US  bombing the dog snot out of Baghdad???  WHY???  to  " get " Saddam??    NO.
"they"  didn't  even know where he was for sure!   I doubt he was hiding in the water treatment plant .. or the electrical plant,, or under a bridge?   WHY  was  so much destruction caused?   I know why... to  create an     air of legitimacy.    "they needed to have an "enemy"  fight back.  Destroying one's neighborhood , and killing one's relatives and extended 'family' usually accomplishes that!.     Both Afghanistan and  Iraq  "wars"  were about  changing the governments there.. to ones more amenable to  some people's  INTEREST$.  

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED•

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

It's utter nonsense what I am reading above about Iraq.  The society will never be up to modern standards -- after all, it is Arab -- but the people, especially the religious majority in the South and the Kurds, are much better off.  Further, the world is safer with one fewer maniac running a country.

#21    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,838 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

It's utter nonsense what I am reading above about Iraq.  The society will never be up to modern standards -- after all, it is Arab -- but the people, especially the religious majority in the South and the Kurds, are much better off.  Further, the world is safer with one fewer maniac running a country.
I suppose you also thank America for bombing the **** out of Vietnam and Cambodia and leaving Agent Orange to kill the children for generations after. All so they could end up in almost the same political trajectory they were on before they were invaded.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 13 March 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Robert Anton Wilson

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I don't thank the States for anything; I just am being a realist about Iraq and avoiding ideology.

#23    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,838 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

I don't thank the States for anything; I just am being a realist about Iraq and avoiding ideology.
I think you are wrong on Iraq.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#24    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,435 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 13 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I think you are wrong on Iraq.

Br Cornelius
He may be right about the specifics that he mentions, but that doesn't negate what you say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users