Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

butchering dead native woman

Thozzman

NEW WESTMINSTER, B.C. -- It was a horrific scene that shook her out of her cocaine high. Lynn Ellingsen pushed open the barn door on Robert Pickton's farm. She said she saw a native woman hoisted up on a chain like a pig for butchering.

Full story here......>http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070626.PICKTON26/TPStory/National

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ASOP

• Thozzman

• glorybebe

• Primeval

Top Posters In This Topic

I had read about this HORRIBLE crime I could not find any update's on this trial. What a evil man. Thanks for the post Thozzman.

The amount of responses to this thread show man's indifference to human slaughter. At least from the "people" here.

O.o

I've done some work on the reservations here on the states. I'm not super well versed in the Natives but enough to know how highly regarded their dead generally are. Moreso, how their dead don't rest in peace without a proper burial. But that is getting away from the facts that this is truly a horrific crime. How anyone could ever do this to another human being is beyond me. It's sickening.

This kind of thing stays in my head. I cant belive that a person can do this to another person and live with their self. The only anwser I can come up with is that this kind of person is truley evil. I would not want to be in the womens shoes who walked in on him and seeing this women hanging on a hook. Crack head or not this must go thru her head all the time. I dont think I could live with that. I would really need drugs at that point.

I'm from Burnaby, which is inbetween Vancouver and New west, this guy is really messed up, too bad theres no death sentence in Canada.

Where you from Thozz.

I'm from Burnaby, which is inbetween Vancouver and New west, this guy is really messed up, too bad theres no death sentence in Canada.

Where you from Thozz.

I totally agree with you, Primeval. We should have the death penalty brought back. And according to another man's testimony, Picton wanted this witness to be "talked to" after describing how to kill a junky with washer fluid. He is a monster. I sitll can't get over the police having to ask anyone who had bought/been given pork from the farm to bring it in for DNA testing. This is one sick puppy.

I don't know if the rest of the people here know but i think he has killed about, 16 to 21 different woman.

I think that makes him the most notorious serial killer of Canadian history.

Edited by Primeval

I don't know if the rest of the people here know but i think he has killed about, 16 to 21 different woman.

I think that makes him the most notorious serial killer of Canadian history.

I think he killed more than that. How many women were not even reported years ago because they were prostitutes and junkies? How long did it take for the police to take this seriously that so many women were disappearing? Pretty freaky.

The amount of responses to this thread show man's indifference to human slaughter. At least from the "people" here.

Not true. People just get an overload of this stuff and want to not talk about it any more.

Not true. People just get an overload of this stuff and want to not talk about it any more.

HA, I got this story front page of every news paper for 2 months.

*looks at front page of newspaper with coffee in hand* 12 new prostitutes mutilated body's discovered today on Picton farm.

After awhile they took it off the front page, and put Picton warning signs on the side panel of the paper.

Edited by Primeval

My mother has actually sat down with.. pickton and had a meal with him and her friend *shudders*

when my mom was younger her friend lived near coquitlam and her mother was best friends with the sicko...

he he i like to joke around with my mom about eating pork with pickton.

(she was quite horrified when she learned of what transpired there)

This really disgusts me. A truely horrible crime. I don't care if most of the girls were junkies and prostitutes, they were still someone's family. The families deserve answers. The worst part is we may never know how many victoms there were. I know someone working on the forensic ID of the victoms. She said it was overwhelming! I can't even imagine! I love forensics but I think that investigation would put me over the edge!

Since we have no death penalty, I hope something happens to him in prison. Of course they will probably keep him in isolation to keep him safe. :angry:

Where you from Thozz.

I'm across lake Erie, bout 6 miles from the PA border in Ohio. I can see the lake outta my front door..

always liked Canada though, clean country good people, excellent hunting and fishing and the home of some of the best bands and songwriters in the world. Not to mention the Canadian Rockies...

Anyway, yea..that article is sick. I'm 52 and have witnessed mankind go from peace and love in the 60's to the 21st century, where people (mostly women and children) are butchered like animals. I hate it.

My mother has actually sat down with.. pickton and had a meal with him and her friend *shudders*

when my mom was younger her friend lived near coquitlam and her mother was best friends with the sicko...

he he i like to joke around with my mom about eating pork with pickton.

(she was quite horrified when she learned of what transpired there)

Oh, now I feel really ill, blech. Your poor mom!!

yes i agree but mind you this was 25 30 years ago.. so theres a chance this was before the murders... she hopes anyway lol

The amount of responses to this thread show man's indifference to human slaughter.

We'll happily slaughter other species, why not our own? I don't see how the life of one species outweighs the importance of another.

Sounds like a serial killer we had in Australia.

This really disgusts me. A truely horrible crime. I don't care if most of the girls were junkies and prostitutes, they were still someone's family. :angry:

Not only did they have families but they were humans, no matter their addictions or vices. No one deserves to go thru anything like that. And yeah, had I been the one to walk in on that I would have turned to drugs too, for awhile anyways,

And to the one advocating slaughtering humans as being equal to slaughtering animals ( I really hope I am taking this the wrong way) There is a huge difference. Killing an animal for food and survial is entirely different than killing a human becuase you get a kick out of it. I personally feel that anyone that tortures anything, be it human or animal, deserves to be punished, but torturing is very different than killing so that you can eat. Just my opinion.

I agree with that, I can't blame one for killing for a food source, however as a species we do kill a lot for our own convenience (think of bug sprays), for entertainment (hunting) and for aesthetic purposes (leather, fur etc). If one is capable of showing this disregard for life in other species, than why not our own?

Eeeeeeeeee-gads!! Not only did she walk in on this, but then she denys it to the police!! So, not only is she a drug addict living with seeing that, but she has to live with the fact that she could have saved other women from being butchered!!! The whole sick, sad situation is unbelievable to me.

And, I do not that think that the lack of response to this post is because we don't care. I personally have worked in criminal law and have seen more than I've wanted to firsthand. I also read the crime library website on a regular basis. After awhile, you just have to step back and remove yourself from it. Sometimes man's inhumanity is too much to handle.

Edited by Pandora2173

You got that right. You do have to give your self a break from such horrible storys I got to the point were it was makeing me sick and I was not sleeping. Yes gotta leave it alone for awile.