Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Church of Scientology to be charged

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 02 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of that either. It could be I don't usually research this religion, and/or not getting enough information, but I don't usually hear about that. I think I remember reading something sometime back, but that's it. That is not to say, I don't believe you, I just haven't heard it myself, and what you post is some FIY for me. Frankly, I have heard this happening to various folks who have various religions, here and there.
I agree with you, if they are doing this, and I'm not doubting you that they are, that is dispicable. Frankly, anytime care is denied a person, because of the family's belief, I think that is wrong. Chasing a person down and hurting them, because they left, is also wrong. Really, why? Shows me some people are not self assured in their religion and that they believe it's wrong, if they have to chase people who are leaving.
  I pretty much question Jett Travolta's death, but is that for me to do so?
If we don't question things, then that is when cults like this gain more and more power.  By them being able to keep so many things hush-hush it speaks to me of power in hidden areas.  Pretty scary IMO.  Remember that the aristocracy was getting away with murder, literally, until the 'peasants' questioned their rights and look how that changed society.  Same thing applies here in a lessened way, but still, murder and intimidation need to be questioned.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#47    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 01 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well, I for one do not believe at all in Scientology. Although, I will respect other's belief in it, for it is their right, as I want others to respect my right to my belief, or lack there of. Anyways, I do read the Lee Child 'Jack Reacher' novels, and you are on the money with your remark. I will not see it. Despite the fact, it dropped the particular novel's original title, that the movie is taking it from, that book has Jack Reacher's six foot height as part of the plot, and Tom Cruise does not, excuse the pun, measure up to Jack Reacher. I have my pick's who could play Reacher, Cruise would be my last pick, or no pick at all. As for him getting the part, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I will not see the film because of this. I am a bookseller, and I get the same feelings from customers who are also fans of the Lee Child's books. His scientology does not play into our feelings in this.

Mutual respect, yes, only if they are not hurting anyone or forcing their views on anyone...

I really doubt any fans of the books will see this movie.  There are always changes from book to screen play but to mess with the essential characters is a huge mistake if you plan to draw fans to a movie from a book.  Reacher is tall, deep voiced and scruffy in a manly way.  Not short, doesnt sound like a teenage girl and look like a little boy.  I would not even consider seeing this movie even if he was not a member of the church of scientology.

My feelings for them are from my personal experience with them at the interview.  They were shysters back then and still are as fast as I'm concerned.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#48    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 02 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Mutual respect, yes, only if they are not hurting anyone or forcing their views on anyone...

I really doubt any fans of the books will see this movie.  There are always changes from book to screen play but to mess with the essential characters is a huge mistake if you plan to draw fans to a movie from a book.  Reacher is tall, deep voiced and scruffy in a manly way.  Not short, doesnt sound like a teenage girl and look like a little boy.  I would not even consider seeing this movie even if he was not a member of the church of scientology.

My feelings for them are from my personal experience with them at the interview.  They were shysters back then and still are as fast as I'm concerned.
BBBWWWAAAAHHHHAAAA!! You nailed him in one sentence!  Too funny!

#49    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 02 January 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

BBBWWWAAAAHHHHAAAA!! You nailed him in one sentence!  Too funny!
It's true and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but, I am not a fan of tom cruise...
;)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#50    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 02 January 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

It's true and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but, I am not a fan of tom cruise...
;)
I am so with you there!  I refuse to watch movies with him in them.  Maybe I have missed out on some great stories, but I can't stand watching him and his arrogant face.

#51    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 02 January 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

I am so with you there!  I refuse to watch movies with him in them.  Maybe I have missed out on some great stories, but I can't stand watching him and his arrogant face.

LOL!!!  He does come off arrogant, that is for sure.  Like when he made a public statement about Brook Sheilds using anti depressants... excuse me but, who the heck at you?  Why does he think that we care about his opinion?

And Ms. Glorybebe, you have not missed any great works from him!  LoL!

#52    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 02 January 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

LOL!!!  He does come off arrogant, that is for sure.  Like when he made a public statement about Brook Sheilds using anti depressants... excuse me but, who the heck at you? Why does he think that we care about his opinion?

And Ms. Glorybebe, you have not missed any great works from him!  LoL!
Yeah, that blew up in his face, lol!  Lovely to see.

#53    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,664 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Does anybody remember this?

:lol:

Edited by libstaK, 03 January 2013 - 11:44 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#54    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 29 December 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Or a lot of deaths/disapperances... :no:
Yup,But I know a few that wont be missed.

#55    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 03 January 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Does anybody remember this?

:lol:
Cant believe no one has ran him over yet.

#56    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

If this cult is being called upon to explain itself, good. It's not a church, it's a cult. I just finished watching a History Channel docu on Jonestown and we all know how well that ended. If you've never seen the cult's headquarters in LA then believe me, I know where a lot of the money goes.
I did not know the voice of Bart Simpson was a member. Let's face it, the Simpsons were good for the 1st 5 seasons. Since then, it's been a waste of space.
Just don't tell me Hank Azaria has lucked out of being a Jew and joined this cult. :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users