Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?

Saru

Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov has founded an initiative intent on finding a way to live forever.

Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov is the founder of the 2045 Initiative which he explains is a way to extend the human life. Immortality is the key goal of his project, creating replicas of human beings, what he deems the next step in human evolution.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I can already see someone willing to abuse this.. all you need is to install a chip or a bug program or something somewhere in that android, and you could have influence over people. Like a chip that says "buy this product" or "believe what these people say"... imagine the possibilities of information-control.

• Like 1

But sad to think about androids being our future, if we all more our consciousness to adroids. Then no new minds will be born, no new artists, no new genious scientists and so on. Would just be the same minds until the end of time, not a pleasant thought.

• Like 1

But sad to think about androids being our future, if we all more our consciousness to adroids. Then no new minds will be born, no new artists, no new genious scientists and so on. Would just be the same minds until the end of time, not a pleasant thought.

Each mind is just a variation of a single entity: the collective consciousness. If a single mind can possess the entire collective consciousness and all its variations, then a single mind can be equal to a billion, a trillion or more individual minds.

• Like 1

Human evolution??? Darwin eat your heart out over this one!

Wonder what scientists are being funded by this billionaire and when they actually started the ball rolling on this?

• Like 1

Deus Ex Human Revolution.

featured cyborgs, not androids.

• Like 1

featured cyborgs, not androids.

I didn't ask for this.

I suppose replacing our bodies with mechanism is one way to achieve immortality, although getting the sentience and consciousness into it doesn't seem likely, so whatever part of our brain does this might not be replaceable.

I think more likely the causes of aging will be found and reversed, and we will remain flesh and blood, supplemented with machine devices here and there.

Either way deaths will end except accidents, and I suspect this will lead to a level of safety that makes them rare. I dunno. I can see problems with this, although the usual ones people mention, population and boredom, don't strike me as problematic. That the population would become risk averse as the more cautious survive in preference to the risk takers might happen, but measures could be taken to deal with it, and it would happen very slowly if at all.

Combine this with the development of a sustainable non-polluting economy and you would indeed create a heaven on earth.

• Like 1

I wonder if that'd be heaven... this world is so physical, so tied to certain rules we cannot escape apart from with the power of imagination and wonder. Tech would probably develop beyond bounds if we could extend people's lifetimes so considerably, because the geniuses would live longer. But what makes one develop a genius idea, where does ideas stem from... that ought to be true interest for developing ourselves, not merely extending the lifespan of those who've had them.

Frank, one cause for aging has already been identified, something in our genes or brains, can't remember, but it's just a matter of time before that's dealt with. Some substance part of us excretes that makes us age. Perhaps we can find out ways to naturally evolve to a point where we excrete less and less of that substance, in addition to learning to take care of ourselves better in order for us to last.

But will it be heaven? Death has a way of giving room for new things to grow by removing the old things that are their obstacles. Our bodies might escape aging at one point, but I wonder if our hearts (emotional self) will. When you've gone through enough in your life, the idea of death can seem more inviting. Perhaps you dont get peace or anything else like that with death, but you might get a whole new view to life and have all your past cleared. None or very very few of us seem to remember anything before the time we were born to this life, that's my point here. In life we tend to pick up these burdens to our hearts, and they tend to pile up. And one day you notice that you dont even notice them anymore unless you start to remember them. Things on your conscience.

I've not and probably wont live like a saint so death seems okay to me. Not something to go for before it's time, but still something I'd rather take than deny myself.

Motive behind this is so he can always and forever keep both fist(s) clenched around the piles of money he's accumulated during his "natural" life.

• Like 2

The definition of irony: When your brain is downloaded into your new android body only to be erased by a stray bolt of lightning as you leave the medical center.

Backup people, don't forget the backup! This would make a great ad for the Carbonite company!

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 3

I am afraid to die, but that doesn't mean I want to live forever. So many of my friends and family will be dead by 2045. I couldn't live knowing that they're gone while I get to live longer.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be gone before then. I don't know. But I'd rather join the others in death than lurk amongst the living for an eternity. Death is a part of nature. Who am I to interfere with it?

• Like 1

We'll live forever and watch the Earth become so overpopulated there isn't room for more. You'll have no choice but to become an android because there won't be any food to support human life.

• Like 3

We'll live forever and watch the Earth become so overpopulated there isn't room for more. You'll have no choice but to become an android because there won't be any food to support human life.

I wouldn't mind it at all hil, it would make interstellar travel feasable, there'd be no disease, no suffering, no jealousy, and you could always switch your ears off whenever a justin beiber track came on the radio.....

;-)

• Like 1

I don't get it??

I thought something like it was said in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2045? very unlikely, may be 3045 if humans still exist.

How can consciousness be transformed into a robot?

There is no way as long as the spritual world remains unexplored.

And even if it would work, who may try it?

All 7bn people or rather the 1000 top greedy... uh, I mean wealthy?

don't do it people its a trap.we never die nothing ever truly dies we just get transferred somewhere else to better places.becoming a machine is not the way think before even signing up.don't do it at all i highly advice that its a trap its a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our material world is a temporal state. I don´t believe death to be the end. Our souls are supposed to leave this world and move on IMHO..

Given a pill to stop aging, take it. Even if it costs everything. Fantasies of survival after death are fantasies invented to avoid dealing with the reality.

Then I will deal with the problems. Aging and death are the main cause of suffering and pain in this world. We should work to end them. Details such as population control and societal ossification can be managed.

I don't think the android route will work; we are sentient beings and machines are not. There is nothing on the horizon pointing toward machines becoming sentient, let alone conscious.

Fantasies of survival after death are fantasies invented to avoid dealing with the reality.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Frank!

Aging and death are the main cause of suffering and pain in this world.

Tell that to the millions of people currenly starving in the world right now.We are our own worst enemy.Ageing and death are natural processes. It´s all in how you view them. Phtsical suffering can sometimes not be avoided but mental suffering is different..

Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Thats what I was thinking, or we'll become like the Cybermen from Doctor Who, and at what point do humans lose all the things that make them humans. We'll all be clones of one another

"Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?" - No, you will not.

Edited by orion43