Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What weird smells do you like?

Bling

I like sniffing weird things....ok I admit I need therapy. But I also know I'm not alone....dare you share what you like to have a quick sniff at (keep it legal though!). I do not endorse substance abuse - incase the lawyers are watching ;)

I like the smell of petrol (gasoline), creosote, rubber, my dogs cheesy feet, my fiance's leather shoes (they smell really unique but not in a cheesy way), old books, disinfectant, sawdust and nail polish.

• Like 1

Fresh cut wood/burning wood, lit matches, pine sol, play doh, crayons, Sharpies, that "tent smell", that "early morning smell", occasionally I like the smell of a burning cigarette too. (I don't smoke)

I think that's it for the weird ones...lol

• Like 2

I love the smell of skunks. Not up close mind you, that is a bit overwhelming. Just the smell of one a stone's throw away on a lazy summer night spent under the stars.

The musty/mildew smell of old books.

I miss the smell/taste of the old "Lick" style stickers and stamps.

I love the smell of gasoline, new books, and alcohol-based markers (like Sharpies).

The smell of a beautiful womans skin

Not that its weird....

Smells better than Mule

Edited by Bling
  • Like 3

The smell of new shoes.

I once had a book that smelled so good I licked it. But that book was 1 in a million. All other books are bland smelling.

And it tasted gross.

• Like 1

Smells better than Mule

hey, be nice!! or maybe you've been sniffing too much "processed mule".....glue!!

Leather...new cars....a machine shop...

• Like 2

umm i like soft smoky smells and the smell of clean hair, also like the smell of things that belong to people i know. and the smell of spring and fall after it rains or is about to rain.

I like the smell of a wood fire, freshly cut hay, turkey roasting in the oven, freshly baked bread and diesel fuel.

Petrol, sulpher from matches, wine, rum.

Thanks,

Oh and my fine cooking.

Edited by Super-Fly
  • Like 1

I love the smell of my dog's fur, cat breath, ham and cabbage cooking, and that lovely, salty, green scent in a marsh at low tide.

OOh yeah, what Super-Fly said about matches...love the smell of sulphur burning.

Edited by lizzieboo
  • Like 1

Summer rain on hot concrete & the old style silicon that plumbers use , has a very distinct smell , the new stuff seems to have no smell , weird I know :tu:

Fresh cut grass, the scent of water in the air as you walk in the woods near a stream or pond. Pipe or cigar -unlit. New car! Christmas tree indoors.

My sister used to love the smell of new sponges.she would bite them..

• Like 1

I love the smell of the ocean, The smell of coffee brewing. The smell of a lady.

I love the smell of brand new electronic equipment when you first open the box that it comes in.

I also like the smell of:

Silly Putty

Rubber Cement

Rain on a hot road

The 'ozone' scent from the copy machine when somebody has a large copy job going on.

I didn't put in rain because I didn't find it that weird...lol but not only is the rain/petrichor smell amazing, but the smell of electricity in the air after a good thunderstorm. :yes:

• Like 1

I love that musty/mildew smell of old books. A pot of ham and beans that has been slow cooking all day, onions sautieng in a pan, and my fav "sesame seed oil"

I don't think mine are weird but here goes -

Freshly cut grass, outside after it's been raining, freshly laid tar on the road, forests- woodland - the smell of trees, peach soap and lemon soap, fish & chips wafting out from a chippy, new leather, flowers, freshly baked bread, the seaside, pine bubble bath. That's all I can think of for now.

Imperial Leather soap, Clean, older men. Cashmere Bouquet talc powder takes me back to my childhood, and Mr Matey the oginal blue one too. The zingy bit of a lemon or orange as you dig your fingernail in to peel it. The top of my kids heads. Perkins paste. Marzipan. New pencils. An artist's studio. Shoe shops. That old blue/purple ink stuff they used to make copies of school worksheets with.

• Like 1