Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TELEPATHY. The extraterestials case.

Daniel111

This analogy has been used many times before in a variety of subjects. The problem is, that statement is a gross oversimplification. The human brain is such a vastly complex organ that it may be virtually impossible to construct a complete and accurate model of it. For example, while it's been observed how a group of neurons physically function, it's still unknown how those neurons form thoughts, memories, or emotions, or even how they process things such as sight or hearing.

I'm not trying to be facetious, but that process is known as "hearing".

Again I have to ask: How is this accomplished? Basically there's two parts to this question. 1) How do the aliens transform their thoughts into a signal that can be "transmitted" from one being to another, and 2) by what process is the human brain able to not only receive, but to translate as well what would be an enormously complex signal without being severely physically damaged?

What you've said here sounds suspiciously like hypnotism. This type of controlled perception can be induced relatively easily though the use of mind altering chemicals without the need for some form of exotic thought transference. My seizures are induced through the use of a strobe light when I go in for an EEG, for example.

Again what you've stated here sounds like hypnotic mind control, which in no way has anything to do with the generally accepted definition of telepathy. A person under hypnosis can sometimes resort to confabulation in order to satisfy a leading question.

As for the phrase "watching and staring", I'm reminded of the old Evil Eye, an ancient belief that a person (not an alien, sorry) has the power to cause bad luck, injury, or even death simply by staring at someone. This makes me wonder how much ancient beliefs and legends have been mixed in with current ET folklore.

And for the sake of staying on topic I won't go into my opinion on grey aliens.

As for the link you posted I understand what you're hinting at. I read about that quite a while back, though I haven't followed up with anything recent as to how much success they've had with their research.

The research the article is about has to do with studying how the brain processes and reacts to visual information gathered in a subject's visual cortex. What they're trying to achieve is to construct a basic model which can be used to interpret images a person has seen by studying the results obtained through the use of an MRI.

However (and it's a big however), it has nothing to do with projecting complex communication to or from a person's brain (at least not in an unconventional way). It all has to do with visual perception -- a hard-wired process similar to what I was referring to in an earlier post -- and how the brain reacts to that information. Personally, I wish them success with this endeavor, since it may someday lead to a device which can aid a person who has lost their vision. It may also be useful in treating people with certain mental disorders.

But they are not talking about having a complex conversation inside a person's brain -- either through some type of implanted device, or some form of thought transference.

Thank you for your reply, but I've still yet to read how telepathy supposedly works, even if it's all simply conjecture.

I disagree that human brain is way too complex. A simple Google search tells you we already know certain regions of the brain that control mood, lanquage etc. This was pointed out in my thread about Nordic sing-song speech. Also notice how we communicate and process information changes with technological advancements. People are more wired in these days and less face to face social. As we advance so does the nature of communication. This would explain what some term telepathy in both alien abductions and close encounters. Is it similar to mind control? In some ways yes. People not only report telepathic type communication but also the control of emotions and paralysis giving greater control over a subject and forced amnesia, screen memories in the case of abductions. So these beings which I'm trying to learn more about by going through cases are more advanced and have a great understanding of the human brain.

You guys cant even agree on what fantasy to believe in,... how can you expect the rest of us to take you seriously!?

I'm starting ignore any post by anyone who has 1 star & only a couple of posts because 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be utter crap like this one.

I'm so hurt. :-*

• Like 1

I disagree that human brain is way too complex. A simple Google search tells you we already know certain regions of the brain that control mood, lanquage etc. This was pointed out in my thread about Nordic sing-song speech. Also notice how we communicate and process information changes with technological advancements. People are more wired in these days and less face to face social. As we advance so does the nature of communication. This would explain what some term telepathy in both alien abductions and close encounters. Is it similar to mind control? In some ways yes. People not only report telepathic type communication but also the control of emotions and paralysis giving greater control over a subject and forced amnesia, screen memories in the case of abductions. So these beings which I'm trying to learn more about by going through cases are more advanced and have a great understanding of the human brain.

the only place we likly disagree , is when they are from , who they are , what group they are with ...

the patterns that i found included only 10 cases , and none were my own feild work .

i recognised that the same brain function was being used , and the specific method was not known at the time of the report .

i suspect a very specific understanding of brain implants involving the left side of the brain in a strip 1 3/4 inches wide , behind the ear from the top of the skull to about one inch below the ear .

it is unlikly this could be known or understood by off world agencys any more than but 99% of the people reading this now... but to a human brain surgen , with practical experiance in brain structure ... what i said make perfect sense

I'm so hurt. :-*

why , your totaly not in the bag of chips this is directed at

why , your totaly not in the bag of chips this is directed at

I thought he was talking about my one post. :D No sweat off my back.

I thought he was talking about my one post. :D No sweat off my back.

your silly , this is just a place for the minds of wire walkers to linger ... and your a high wire act .

( thats a good thing )