Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rowing the same boat

markdohle

Rowing the same boat

My spiritual path is shown me by the cycles that I go through in my life. Being a Christian, that will dictate certain avenues that I can travel and other routes that need to be avoided. Failures and successes are equal, if the journey is continued and I don’t simply give up in frustration and despair; which is a form of self-hatred, after a significant set back on my journey towards God.

Each person has a unique path, yet also similar because of our shared humanity. I have found that one way for me to deal with my own inner chaos and pain, is to understand that there are many who are going through the same thing I am experiencing. In understanding this, I no longer feel “my terminal uniqueness”, no, I find that I belong to a large community of brothers and sister who like me, struggle, fall and get up again. In this commonality, compassion and empathy arises and judgments cease to carry the power they once did. Self knowledge that leads to self love also deepens ones respect, insight and love for others.

I am called to love of self. I can’t truly love others until I learn this lesson. When the darkness swoops down, and my own inner alienation is strongest, it is then that I refuse to believe that I am only ‘that’, but much more. Our relationship with the Transcendent will slowly lead to healing; at least that is my experience.

So now when I pray, or mediate, there is always something to pray about, along with others who struggle the way I do….and when I meditate, I do so to become one in silence before God, with all who are rowing the same boat.

(Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!)

(Matt 8: 23-27)

Edited by markdohle

Hello friend,

it is good to hear from you.

I whis there would be more people like you :yes:

Sometimes people who consider themselves as believers can seem to me quite intimidating and judgemental.

They pity the world, but cant really relate to it, or its occupants. That can make this world seem very lonely place.

For me forgiving means acceptance. I dont have to like everything in this world and sometimes I have to run away in order to prevail, but it doesnt mean world cease to exist if I turn away from it. Tried that once and didnt really win much.

I can never really be apart from the world or despise it, because its sufferings are mine as well.

I can forgive others and be forgiven.

Everyone has their own sorrows to carry. I whis I could try to ease up the pain and be fragile as well.

Thank you for being you.

Edited by ainomieli
  • Like 1

Bless you for your compassion, Mark. How we see the world and how we are in the world always comes back to us, doesn't it, and not to other people or circumstances. I was just talking to my son about this, how I'm just too stubborn to give other people or circumstances the power to negatively influence my life, whether it be in the past or present. I know the toro caca in my life belongs to me & no one else, and therefore I can fix it.

• Like 1

Hello friend,

it is good to hear from you.

I whis there would be more people like you :yes:

Sometimes people who consider themselves as believers can seem to me quite intimidating and judgemental.

They pity the world, but cant really relate to it, or its occupants. That can make this world seem very lonely place.

For me forgiving means acceptance. I dont have to like everything in this world and sometimes I have to run away in order to prevail, but it doesnt mean world cease to exist if I turn away from it. Tried that once and didnt really win much.

I can never really be apart from the world or despise it, because its sufferings are mine as well.

I can forgive others and be forgiven.

Everyone has their own sorrows to carry. I whis I could try to ease up the pain and be fragile as well.

Thank you for being you.

When to people from different sides of the fence come together, it can bring out the worst in both and of course does. Our beliefs are important to us, no matter what they are. Most people when they can relax and just talk can get along, and well most do I believe.

Good hearing from you, you express yourself very well my friend. You also have a great deal of compassion, it come out in your reponses.

peace

Mark

Edited by markdohle

Bless you for your compassion, Mark. How we see the world and how we are in the world always comes back to us, doesn't it, and not to other people or circumstances. I was just talking to my son about this, how I'm just too stubborn to give other people or circumstances the power to negatively influence my life, whether it be in the past or present. I know the toro caca in my life belongs to me & no one else, and therefore I can fix it.

I like this, refusing to become a victim.

Thank you my friend.

peace

mark