Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bible Study - Matthew 12:42

possible goddess reference?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostKarlis, on 29 November 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Neither the people of Nineveh nor the Queen will "pass judgement" on anyone, nor will they be given any authority to condemn. Jesus was telling the unbelieving Jews that “at the resurrection to judgement”, the belief of the men of Nineveh will condemn the unbelief of those who rejected Jesus.

You said it plainer than I. Thank you.
God has a GOOD memory. Those two examples will come up in the Judgment.

Edited by Copen, 29 November 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#17    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Interesting that Jona never said to the people who' sent him to say such things...he just entered the city and started spouting in 40 days etc..

Makes you wonder if Nineveh thought Jona was Dagon come to life! http://www.bible-his...ient/dagon.html

I think it also interesting that the queen traveled to hear Solomon's wisdom...what happened to hearing god's wisdom?

#18    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

rising up in judgement...elsewhere we're told that God has given [Psalm 149:7-9] this authority to His saints and that judgement will be the Last One...we're also told in the New Testament to ..."judge nothing before the time"...{sorry i forgot where that's at...you want, i'ill look for it}...the queen of sheba--Candace?--will no doubt be and is one of God's saints.

#19    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 29 November 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

From Matthew chapter 12

The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign

38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”
39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. 42 The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.

///////////////////////

Is it coincidental that Jesus speaks of this Queen of the South, coming out of the uttermost parts of the earth, when he had just told the Pharisees that he would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth?

We know (research would describe) that Soloman had been into Goddess worship. Is he merely speaking of Queen Sheba's interest in Solomon, or do you think it could be reference to a diety? Why would Jesus be speaking in terms of this Queen having the ability to condemn a generation? Isn't this an authority assumed in scriptures by a God?

I came across this today and the wonder of Goddess resurection came to my mind... I never read about, or considered this aspect before.... What do you think? I looked briefly on the internet, and nothing popped up about it... Just a thought...
its nothing to do with goddess resurection, its like you said sheba paid solomon reverence and solomon is one of the greatest men but the pharisees couldnt revere jesus who was greater than any one. solomon didnt worship other gods but his wifes did and even though he was the wisest man ever he still bent his ear to the nagging of his wifes lol
i dont mean to sound sexist the importance of things in the bible go 1. God. 2. your wife 3. kids then your self.
i once read the whole bible from beggining to finish but i still makes mistakes when trying to remember all of it.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#20    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

queen of sheba is from far away not from inside the earth, dont know if you meant that any way. very interested in discussing bible study, i might have to freshen up on it again tho

#21    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostCiss, on 30 November 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Interesting that Jona never said to the people who' sent him to say such things...he just entered the city and started spouting in 40 days etc..

Makes you wonder if Nineveh thought Jona was Dagon come to life! http://www.bible-his...ient/dagon.html

I think it also interesting that the queen traveled to hear Solomon's wisdom...what happened to hearing god's wisdom?
solomon was given wisdom by god, god said he would give solomon any thing he wanted and solomon asked for wisdom to lead gods people. god gave him this as well as the gold and all other things other men would ask for.

#22    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostCobalt60, on 30 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

rising up in judgement...elsewhere we're told that God has given [Psalm 149:7-9] this authority to His saints and that judgement will be the Last One...we're also told in the New Testament to ..."judge nothing before the time"...{sorry i forgot where that's at...you want, i'ill look for it}...the queen of sheba--Candace?--will no doubt be and is one of God's saints.

their wernt any saints before jesus died, only those with the holy spirit in them are saints and the holy spirit was only gave sparingly to prophets and sometimes kings b4 jesus died.
the holyspirit was poured out among all the peoples of the world when salvation was for all instead of just the jews. even though the jews didnt have salvation before they only went to heaven if they obeyed the jewish comandments.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 30 November 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#23    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostCopen, on 29 November 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

Hi SpiritWriter:
Just going to give you my view point. May not be right; but here goes.
Jesus was talking to the evil an adulterous generation of scribes and Pharisees. They asked for a sign and He gave the prophecy of His impending death in the grave 3 days and 3 nights as the only sign they would be given. Then Jesus tells them, (concerning signs), that men of Nineveh will rise in the judgment against that present generation of scribes and Pharisees for after hearing Jonah preach, they of Niveveh repented. But a greater than Jonah, (who was Jesus), was among them, (the scribes and Pharisees) and they had not repented.

Then Jesus gives another example of Queen Sheba who had not seen a sign but traveled a great distance to hear the wisdom of Solomon ---- and a greater than Solomon, (Jesus), was among them and they did not hear His wisdom. The example of Queen Sheba would also condemn that generation of scribes and Pharisees in the Judgement.
God bless us all is my prayer
you hit the nail on the head, i couldnt of said it better my self :)

#24    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,660 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 30 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

queen of sheba is from far away not from inside the earth, dont know if you meant that any way. very interested in discussing bible study, i might have to freshen up on it again tho

Yes I did mean from inside the earth. That is the whole reason I thought of this. I was comparing it to Jonah being in the belly of the whale and Jesus being in the heart of the earth.. I also said this because he didn't mention the queen by her name. You say Solomon didn't worship Goddesses but he allowed his wives too, I don't agree. I think he did.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#25    Serpentine

Serpentine

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

The kingdom of Meroe lasted longer than the Western Roman Empire.

http://www.blackhist...ges/candace.php

#26    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 30 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

solomon was given wisdom by god, god said he would give solomon any thing he wanted and solomon asked for wisdom to lead gods people. god gave him this as well as the gold and all other things other men would ask for.

You've opened the way for a new question!

"what is the difference between Solomon asking for wisdom and Eve desiring wisdom?"

#27    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostCiss, on 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

You've opened the way for a new question!

"what is the difference between Solomon asking for wisdom and Eve desiring wisdom?"
eve didnt desire wisdom she wanted the knowledge of good and evil, if you know whats good and whats bad then you have no excuse for doing wrong and can be punished, if she hadnt had it she could of accidently done bad things and it would of been forgiven as god hadnt told her she was wrong.

#28    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 01 December 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Yes I did mean from inside the earth. That is the whole reason I thought of this. I was comparing it to Jonah being in the belly of the whale and Jesus being in the heart of the earth.. I also said this because he didn't mention the queen by her name. You say Solomon didn't worship Goddesses but he allowed his wives too, I don't agree. I think he did.
he did start to neglect god by taking part with his wifes but he never stopped believing in god as when god is revealed to you it would b impossible to worship lesser spirits. sheba did not come from inside the earth, what other times in the bible does it mention a civalisation that lived underground?
when you look up the translation for the people of sheeba its a place in arabia and they are sometimes called sabeans

#29    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 05 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

eve didnt desire wisdom she wanted the knowledge of good and evil, if you know whats good and whats bad then you have no excuse for doing wrong and can be punished, if she hadnt had it she could of accidently done bad things and it would of been forgiven as god hadnt told her she was wrong.

lol! 2 chron. 1:10 Solomon says 'give me now 'wisdom and knowledge'

the woman desired the fruit because it would make one wise...

but what she got was yada'  ..where the serpent said God does know, God does yada'

the wise that she desired was prudence...sakal

#30    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

What the woman was desiring was to judge/learn what things are from looking upon them with the outer eye sight...well it looks good to me! It would be like reversing the old saying..

'don't judge the book by it's cover"...she desired the knowledge of the cover, thus "only judge the book by it's cover", appearances...to live by appearance only...their eyes were opened and they saw their covering, Oops we need some clothes! then the covering becomes all they percieve they are (flesh) and now that needs to be covered...gets worse when we think we are the clothes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users